News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadwaybri2

Member Name: Broadwaybri2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice  Feb 29 2020, 10:45:54 PM
Semi related- obviously they went to give the role to Presley (who I prefer) in the role but wondering...there were some nights earlier on the run when Presley went on as Lydia and Dana as Girl Scout, and others where Dana took Lydia and Presley Girl Scout. Even the weekend before they announced. Why? Curious how they decided who went on in those cases when Sophia was out (Dana vs Presley). Anyone know was one the main alternate and if so why then it wasn’t always them on the nights Sophia was o
4 freestyle love supreme tickets for 12/7 7pm  Dec 7 2019, 04:28:55 PM

$50 each!

Last Performance Experiences  Aug 11 2019, 09:28:22 PM
Was anyone else at the prom today? I’ve never cried so much at a show that I’ve already seen multiple times?? It was my first closing performance of a show but that one felt particularly emotional.

Things that happened that were memorable:

- before the curtain went up they started with some chant I missed what they said but heard the word “bull****” i think?? Can anyone confirm?
- Beth level i believe waved from beneath the curtain before it began
- many many standing

The Prom Will Close 8/11  Aug 11 2019, 12:54:57 PM
Got a $133 ticket but all TKTS has is obstructed views. I’ve seen the show 3 times for $50 through TDF so felt it evened out, plus agree I’ve never felt so sad about a show closing...wanted to be there one last time.
Best off broadway on right now  Jul 29 2019, 01:12:59 PM

Seen:

Fairview 
A Strange Loop 
Secret Life of Bees 
In the Green 
Octet 
The Rolling Stone 
Fiddler

I enjoyed each one, actually. Anyone see Toni Stone? Anything else out right now worth seeing? How do y'all keep track of off broadway with so many theatres and such short runs? Broadway I have figured out....off broadway is still so new to me but given how much I enjoyed the above performances y'all recommended

Jeremy Pope's final performance in AIN'T TOO PROUD: Sunday 7/7/19  Jul 3 2019, 11:31:22 PM
This feels bizarre. 4 days notice on a holiday weekend? Can’t imagine that any opportunity only let him know that he had to pack bags and quit his current job with a few days notice and wouldn’t let him close out two weeks or so?
LCT3's "In the Green"  Jul 2 2019, 02:58:27 PM

I thought it was really different! +1 to the live looping comment, was so cool to see her do. I also thought the actress who played the "mouth" part of Hildegard was a standout.

Neil Diamond Musical!!!  Jul 2 2019, 02:55:35 PM

I NEED THEM TO STOP!!!!!!! Have never liked a jukebox musical. I doubt Neil Simon will be the one to change that.

Can a show change its name after opening?  Jul 2 2019, 02:51:27 PM

Context: I feel if The Prom were named Unruly Hearts, for example, (or frankly anything else), there would have been a different trajectory. I was hesitant to go to it thinking it was going to be classic high school musical but I see everything, so went. Fell in love- wanted to bring friends and fam and they had the same reaction, I had to really convince them that it was not just a dumb teen musical. Of course, when they all went they loved it. I'm in marketing and just really feel like

Can a show change its name after opening?  Jul 2 2019, 02:51:03 PM

Just curious, may be a totally dumb question. Also, once a show goes on Tour, could they change the name? Or is the name forever stuck to the piece? 

OCTET at Signature Theatre  Jul 1 2019, 06:06:39 PM

The only place it could exist on Broadway in would be at CITS.

Working ticket tmrw 2pm  Jun 28 2019, 08:08:36 PM
Anyone want it? Asking $35 - it will likely be a seat in orchestra (valued $125) bought thru TDF and will pick it up and meet you outside theatre. Just have a conflict at 3pm now and cant make it.
 Jun 28 2019, 11:56:34 AM

I went during previews to the 2017 version with Kline, but this remains one of the worst shows I've ever seen. It was a disaster. Entire mezzanine was sleeping when I looked around. If phones had been allowed it would have made for a great photo- literally rows of people passed out.

WORKING  Jun 28 2019, 11:54:29 AM

This worth going to?

Laura Benanti vs Kerstin Anderson vs Lauren Ambrose  Jun 26 2019, 11:33:16 AM

Have now seen all 3 (saw Kerstin last night who was an absolute joy to watch). All were wonderful, this show is amazing. Go and catch it in its final week and a half!!! 

Oklahoma! or What The Constitution Means To Me  Jun 24 2019, 01:00:25 PM

Im very confused/curious how the show will exist without her? Surely the script needs to be adjusted?

Best off broadway on right now  Jun 23 2019, 03:53:46 PM
Ive seen everything on broadway. What should I go to off? Have seen octet and fiddler. Any other must sees? Preferably musical or really unique/amazing plays?
The Ferryman's Matilda Lawler lands lead in new Disney+ Film  Jun 20 2019, 11:10:40 AM

Not surprised. She is incredible and stole every scene she was in.

Gary closing this Sunday  Jun 11 2019, 11:33:06 AM

Totally not surprised. Was the worst show I've ever seen and a disgrace to be on a broadway stage (IMO) Several people in my audience left this 90 minute no intermission show early.

Best musical/play tony trophy  Jun 10 2019, 01:23:36 PM

TY!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You