News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for samtaro111

Member Name: samtaro111
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tom Hewitt In Hadestown
 Oct 12 2021, 10:55:33 AM

Tom Hewitt In Hadestown
 Oct 12 2021, 10:55:21 AM

I've seen both Tom and Patrick and personally preferred Tom! I personally preferred the songs an octave up.

Jeremy Jordan to join LSOH beginning March 17
 Feb 6 2020, 02:08:34 PM

For those arguing Jeremy is too hot for the role, he tweeted a response lol

https://twitter.com/JeremyMJordan/status/1225495974589669379?s=20

Feb 5 2020, 12:17:18 PM

Shubert Alley Cat said: "Interesting . . . JJ has concerts scheduled in Kansas City on March 23, 24, and 25. Guess those are not happening now. While I am not attending, I have some students who are looking forward to this concert (and it's already been pushed back to this date from last fall)."

He's been moving his concerts a lot lately because of scheduling conflicts. For his 54 Below show in NYC, he moved it from August 2019 to November 2019 and then h

Feb 5 2020, 11:09:35 AM

Note to those who are eager to see Jeremy, Telecharge states:

"Jeremy Jordan is Seymour beginning March 17

Jeremy Jordan will not perform on April 21st."

Feb 5 2020, 10:46:54 AM

Tickets are on sale through May 10th, does that mean his final performance is May 10th?

Edit: I believe the show is a limited engagement thing, correct? Was not sure if May 10th was the show's final performance... or simply Jeremy's? 

Upcoming Waitress casting
 Dec 17 2019, 10:21:39 AM

RWPrincess said: "samtaro111 said: "I know on twitter the Waitress account mentioned her out the 19th for 7PM and the 30th for both shows."

"Do you know what date they tweeted this? I just looked through their timeline and don't see anything about dates Kat won't be there."

The Waitress twitter account announced it via reply to someone on twitter on Dec 2nd. 

Here is a link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/WaitressMusical/status/1201668647011438592

Hopefully, the link works ^

Upcoming Waitress casting
 Dec 16 2019, 11:23:45 AM

Just a heads up, my brother bought me tickets to see Kat on Dec 28th.

He was initially going to buy for Dec 29th, but the box office warned him Kat MIGHT be out that day. Figured I relay what he was told at the box office.

I know on twitter the Waitress account mentioned her out the 19th for 7PM and the 30th for both shows.

EDIT: it seems Molly Jobe posted on insta that Dec 29th would be her last time on as Jenna. 

Favorite Flop?
 Nov 20 2019, 09:31:42 AM

For sure Bonnie & Clyde the musical. The book was messy, but there were some very good songs. Deserved a longer run than a month. 

-- I mean, who doesn't love Jeremy and Laura.

Has Wicked Been Updated Over the Years?
 Jul 17 2019, 12:34:45 PM

So I first saw Wicked back in like 2007 or 2008. I recently saw it on Monday, July 15th, 2019 (Truly an amazing show). Since I was young when I first saw it, I barely remembered any of the staging. 

I feel like back in 2007/2008, the flying looked clunkier. When I saw it this past Monday, the flying looked great and the way they did the lighting to help hide the black cape was very well done. I also could not recall if there were projections in the opening back in 2007/2008

Jeremy Jordan to star as record exec Neil Bogart in the movie 'Spinning Gold'
 Jun 24 2019, 11:43:42 AM

David10086 said: "Jordan replaces Justin Timberlake, who was previously announced as the actor who plays Bogart when the porject was first announced quite a few years ago."

Wow. I heard Jeremy had been cast but had no idea it was originally announced that Justin Timberlake would be playing the part. While I know Justin Timberlake was announced years ago, and I am not surprised the casting changed, I AM surprised they didn't go with someone bigger for Bogart. Espe

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
 Jun 18 2019, 04:00:39 PM

Grace2 said: "Are box seats partial view?
"

From what I read on various forums, Box A is better than Box B, but in Box B you miss the band and nothing else really. But the box tickets themselves say partial view.

Can't confirm any of this, but I saw someone post a picture from AViewFromMySeat.com and looked at other BroadwayWorld posts.

Jun 18 2019, 03:57:00 PM

CarmenA3 said: "I’m used to seeing box seats sold only at the box office and only on the day of, so I’m happy thatat least Hadestown is making them available in advance and online. Can’t speak for any other shows though, and of course it’s never a guarantee that they will be available."

Gotcha, gotcha. I am hoping to go tomorrow or Friday and attempt to get box seats. If not, I'm from NY so I can always try again another week

Jun 18 2019, 03:29:41 PM

CarmenA3 said: "SneakySylveon said: "Im thinking about trying for SRO tonight but can’t make it to the theatre til 2. Do yall think I’d have a chance. I was hoping the weather might keep some people from lining up"

Just walked to the theatre. As of 2:30pm, there are 13 people in line.

Also got some info on box seats - the BO will sometimes have them available up to a week in advance, and sometimes they will also be posted on TM. I

Jun 7 2019, 09:54:18 AM

While this was a big drop of songs, it sucks the next drop is so far away, June 28th. 

Wish they would continue a once/twice a week release of songs, but I get it if they are still working on it. 

Six reviews
 May 31 2019, 12:17:04 PM

SporkGoddess said: "I actually think that Catherine Howard's song is the most clever (in addition to just finding it ridiculously catchy). Judging from the YouTube video I'm watching that's reviewing the studio recording, though, it also seems like not everyone's really understanding it beyond a surface level."

It is also so heartbreaking live! Best song imo.

By the end of it, I wanted to cry.

Six reviews
 May 31 2019, 09:06:00 AM

Rainah said: "I've done some reading on Anne Boleyn, gf has done a lot more and couldn't even finish the song. Even she admitted the tune was great, but we're both really wanting more complexity from the show."

While the show isn't the most complex, in the actual show the 6 wives acknowledge they are currently being defined by Henry when in reality they were more than one of his wives. 

Wife 6's number "I Don't Need Your Love&

Next Boston Pre-Broadway Tryout
 May 17 2019, 10:15:06 AM

jacobsnchz14 said: "Wasn't there a Marilyn Monroe musical in the works by Levitt/Houston that was rumored to tryout in Boston?

; height: 22px; width: 22px; top: 10px; left: 10px;" class="simple-translate-button ">
Best/worst stage door experience?
 May 14 2019, 08:26:12 PM

yankeefan7 said: No problem. Let me relate a story to you that happened a bunch of years ago. My family went to see "Spring Awakening" and my daughters wanted to get their Playbills signed by the cast. It was a very cold night like the one you mentioned and I think the entire cast came out. The cast was very outgoing (especially Jonathan Groff) with the exception of Lea Michele. She did not engage people in conversation or take pictures but she was polite and replied to com

Shoshana Bean In Waitress
 May 14 2019, 10:48:58 AM

Saw them both on May 12th and they were fantastic. 

I saw the show with Kat McPhee and I'm a big SMASH fan so I'm biased and liked Kat more, but Shoshana really killed She Used to be Mine. The audience clapped for several minutes. Shoshana has such a strong voice and really filled out every song. She was also funny in the background of some scenes, like her facial expressions were hysterical. 

I didn't really buy Shoshana and Jeremy's chemistry in some

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You