News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rosheider

Member Name: rosheider
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Whoopi- Scott Rudin- The View  Apr 18 2021, 03:47:05 PM

THR has had a long turbulent history, including publishing accusations of communist ties and Hollywood blacklists.  I'm not sure who owns it right now, but several years ago it was bought by a group with close ties to right wing organizations.  It continues to have a wide "conservative" following that is constantly baited with the Evil Hollywood myth.  As such, it seems a bit bizarre that people are making demands that others speak out and organizin

James Levine Dead  Mar 22 2021, 05:27:41 PM

Arrogance and bullying are very prevalent in the professional music world, so sexual coercion is not surprising to hear of. 

Kismet revival?  Mar 15 2021, 08:35:55 PM

I've only recently become enamored of the wonderful music in Kismet, and have checked out some of the recordings: Doretta Morrow, Alfred Drake, Richard Kiley (amasing voice), Vic Damone, Ann Blyth, Dolores Gray, etc.   Great stuff.  I understand the book has some problems, but my main question: could a revival work today on Broadway, or would it be too "problematic"?  If this has been covered before, excuse me and point me to the right thread.

Check his contract.  Mar 15 2021, 02:28:32 PM
but unfortunately today there exist many "extreme cases"
Check his contract.  Mar 15 2021, 01:07:12 PM
I guess the difference today is that the newly empowered are using it to shun those who oppose that empowerment; and the would-be bullies do not like it. Regardless from what political direction, it should be used only in the most extreme cases.
...maybe it's time to overused-cliche-verb-false-concept The Naked Cowboy  Mar 14 2021, 11:21:04 PM

Cancel culture is hardly something new.  It used to be called "shunning", and it was the one of the most severe social rebukes in etiquette's arsenal.  

SONDHEIM HYPOCRISY?  Feb 19 2020, 11:10:17 PM

When you are 89 you get a free pass to say what the hell you want and do what the hell you want, as long as it doesn't kill someone.  And even then, mercy will be shown.  

“The Nanny” Musical  Jan 11 2020, 03:22:50 AM

Interesting but rather macabre choice of material - who will play the Bette Davis part?  

A great decade for Bernadette Peters  Jan 2 2020, 10:39:09 PM

In pictures, she does not appear to have aged much and kept the same basic style forever.  She must avoid the sun like the plague, have beauty secrets, or has made a pact with the Devil.  I suspect the latter.

Worst Broadway Show of the Decade?  Dec 31 2019, 04:37:07 PM

These choices pale in comparison with the stinkers of the eighties, such as Moose Murders and Carrie.  Hopefully, the twenties will give us all some hot garbage!

SO I'm blacklisted  Dec 31 2019, 04:23:58 PM

yes, we know it's fake, as are quite a lot of the troll postings on here.  Sometimes, we just like playing along. HNY all! 

The Cats film will suffer a 100 million dollar loss  Dec 31 2019, 01:24:47 PM

Just curious - what would you have done differently with a Cats movie?  And as someone said, don't cry for the movie studios.  They manage to "lose" money even with mega hits.  

Michelle Williams and Thomas Kail engaged!  Dec 31 2019, 12:03:04 PM

Oh goody goody!  I'm just gushy and over the moon because of someone else's marriage plans!  So exciting for me

SO I'm blacklisted  Dec 31 2019, 06:57:31 AM

Sounds like your mother is an albatross around your young neck.  Ditch her at your earliest convenience.  Also, stop screaming.

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 26 2019, 11:28:31 PM

I'm surprised it wasn't a big hit.  Reportedly, they sent the cast to "cat school".  

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 19 2019, 09:52:57 PM

Before you go, I would suggest a heavy dosage of THC.  

Toronto Tour of "Hello. Dolly" cancelled  Dec 19 2019, 09:48:33 PM

Perhaps the old arrest record of a notable has put the kibosh on this Canadian leg.  

Are there any broadway musicals that pay homage to the 1930s movie musicals starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers?  Aug 28 2019, 12:42:43 AM

Until the former jockey passes, we will not see a musical based on Rogers and Astaire, which is unfortunate.  It's still shocking what she did to poor Ginger at the Kennedy Center.  

Lara Spencer Laughs at boys in ballet  Aug 27 2019, 02:11:02 PM

This was not really about boys and ballet, so all of the dancing queens rushing to give a teaching moment and gushing forgiveness are on a fool's errand.  

Apparently there are worse things than cell phone usage in the theatre  Aug 19 2019, 08:28:58 AM

Coughing is not always involuntary.   You hear incessant coughing and hacking in concert halls all the time, even in the most intimate passages, and it seems to be growing.  My theory is that it is a way to inject oneself into the performance, for whatever psychological reasons.  As someone with aspy tendencies, I prefer to stay home and listen to recordings, rather than raise my blood pressure dealing with the tasteless cretins who pass for polite society today. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You