News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kerrylongphoto

kerrylongphoto Profile Photo
Member Name: kerrylongphoto
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jeremy Irons hit with frame in final second of IMPRESSIONISM
 Apr 2 2009, 10:27:39 AM
SPOILER ALERT (Though not that it matters because don't go see this show!) Anyone else see the matinee of IMPRESSIONISM yesterday? In the final moment, just as Jeremy Irons turns in to Joan Allen for a kiss, one of those damn frames flies in and whacks Jeremy Irons right in the head. There was an audible "thunk" when it hit his head and a gasp in the theatre. Both he and Joan Allen just sort of stood there until the lights went down. When they came out a second later for curtain call, they awkwa
re: Part of a Painting from Edges
 Sep 10 2008, 09:18:27 PM
Fans of Justin Paul can currently catch him onstage as the new music director of "Altar Boyz"!
Pasek & Paul's EDGES - Equity production in CT
 Jan 28 2008, 01:11:55 PM
In case there are any fans of Benj Pasek and Justin Paul's song cycle, EDGES - just wanted to alert people that there is a new production of it going up in Westport, CT at Music Theatre of Connecticut. It's an Equity production starring Michael Kadin Craig, Monique French, Kevin Reed and Alex Ellis.

Westport is less than an hour outside of the city, so this is a great opportunity to catch this fantastic new show. A lot of changes have been made since the demo CD - so many wonderful improvements on already great material!

The theatre's website is:

http://www.musictheatreofct.com/mainstage.htm

go there for tickets! It's playing February 1-17th

re: Anyone seen understudies for AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY?
 Jan 4 2008, 02:46:53 PM
do you know how many times she has been out?

Amy Morton was amazing - as was everyone, really - so wonderful to see such remarkable ensemble work.

Anyone seen understudies for AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY?
 Jan 4 2008, 02:38:58 PM
Just wondering if anyone had seen any understudies go on in AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY. I saw this past Wednesday's matinee and Deanna Dunagan (Violet Weston - the mother) was out. Her understudy did a fine job (can't imagine taking over that role) but I just wondered how the show would be different if Dunagan was there. Such a huge and commanding role - had to give her understudy credit for doing a nice job, but somehow I got the feeling that the show had a different feeling when Dunagan is there. St
re: Coram Boy Review - Spoilers ahead!
 Apr 20 2007, 09:16:27 AM
Just wanted to throw my hat into the ring of CORAM BOY lovers - saw this on Wednesday evening and was blown away. I encourage everyone to spread the word on this great show, so that we can keep getting National Theatre productions transferred to NY. The National Theatre's work is always nothing short of remarkable - even if the show itself is not great, there is always something fabulous about the production.

I agree that the "water" scene at the end of the second act is probably one of

Does anyone need 2 tix to Beauty & the Beast?
 Feb 2 2007, 07:33:10 PM
I had 2 tickets for the Sunday matinee 2/10 @ 2 pm. I bought them and then just found out that I have to work that day. I'm NOT trying to sell these for a profit - my intention was to go! They are 2 ORch seats and I paid $65/piece for them. PM me if you are interested. THANKS!
re: Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members
 Aug 15 2006, 10:30:37 AM
During "The Goat or Who is Sylvia", right after the character confesses something to the effect of having had sex with a goat (in not quite such civil language), the somewhat elderly woman next to me turns to her husband and says, in full voice, "I think we picked the wrong play."

Sally Field was in it at the time and I think they were tourists who thought they were going to see a nice play featuring the Flying Nun.

OPPOSITE OF SEX @ Williamstown - Kerry Butler OUT!
 Aug 13 2006, 09:20:19 PM
Sorry just posted the title so that you would read this, but I had an interesting afternoon of theatre...

At the beginning of the show, Artistic Dirctor Roger Rees got on stage, along with the director of the show, Rob Roth got on stage and introduced kerry Butler and show writer Douglas Cohen. They announced, in a very nice way, that Ms. Butler was without a voice and that Mr. Cohen would be singing Ms. Butler's part, as well as speaking her lines, while she went through the staging an

re: How Difficult Is It To Balance A Broadway Show and Personal Life?
 Aug 7 2006, 01:24:17 PM
who is it that ripped cerveris' heart out??
Andrew Lippa's JERRY CHRISTMAS at NYSAF
 Jul 30 2006, 03:21:35 PM
Just thought someone should start the buzz about this great new show - just saw the reading at New york Stage & Film at Vassar College last night - starring Douglas Sills, Lee Wilkof, Christopher Fitzgerald, etc. Great, hysterical, creative new original musical - watch out for this one in New York folks - I can't imagine why it wouldn't be coming our way soon! And.... I wish Douglas Sills would work more - he's fabulous!
re: Billy Porter's 'Mixed Company' at Vassar College
 Jul 28 2006, 10:28:54 AM
i'm going tomorrow - i will try and post what the song list is! and comments, too!
re: What shows have Monday night performances?
 Jul 20 2006, 03:15:20 PM
[title of show] - it's hysterical!!
re: Uncharted: Pasek and Paul- FIERCEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!
 Jul 18 2006, 09:30:56 AM
i agree - these guys are fabulous. can't say enough good stuff about them. watch for photos of the concert going up on this site later today or, more likely, tomorrow!
re: BEST Musicals that DIDN'T win Best Musical
 Jun 2 2006, 02:36:40 PM
FULL MONTY!!
Is Burleigh Grime$ a musical?
 May 22 2006, 01:01:25 PM
Is their singing? Or just music by David Yazbek?
re: Did Anyone Attend the 'Become' Concert on Sun?
 May 22 2006, 12:30:27 PM
the concert was amazing - the new songs were great!!
re: Benj Pasek & Justin Paul --- New composers
 May 16 2006, 10:41:36 AM
Anyone see their concert at Joe's Pub???
re: Benj Pasek & Justin Paul --- New composers
 Mar 21 2006, 02:35:53 PM
these guys are awesome - i know they are super busy right now with work and school - i'm sure they'll get back to you soon. spread the word about them - they're going to be the next big thing - in fact, they already are!
re: EDGES--the musical
 Jan 31 2006, 09:39:11 AM
everyone should check out the great new and improved website - it's very cool and has a lot more info about these guys
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You