News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gvendo2005

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
Member Name: gvendo2005
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://tanzdervampirefans.proboards.com
Blog Address:
Profile: I am a producer of world class media (stage, film, TV, audio recording), and in addition I develop and produce original, indigenous talent in all areas of media production, in concert with production possibilities in major U.S. cities.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24  Jun 13 2012, 05:43:55 PM
Such an audition monologue is so good it could only be published, my dear. And if they pay, I want a cut. Clearly you underestimate my arrogance, Namo. :P
GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24  Jun 13 2012, 05:26:46 PM
If they pay you for it, I want a cut. :P
GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24  Jun 13 2012, 05:04:19 PM
No tourist is going to pay top dollar to go see something they can see probably four times a year and travel less than 30 minutes from home to see it. That is why this production was doomed, that is why yours would likely not succeed on Broadway either.

Any production is doomed unless they give people a reason to see it. Harlem worked because, up until that time, it was the only all-black production of Godspell in the show's history. I can't say the "X factor" that

GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24  Jun 13 2012, 02:40:41 PM
^ Again, let it go. Your not doing yourself any favors by throwing a fit on here like you have for the last 9 months.

I'm sorry you lost money in the show. Now stop being so butt-hurt that someone wants to fix the brand.

GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24  Jun 13 2012, 02:19:07 PM
^ Honey, didn't you read, or are your eyes just blind to everything I have to say? Don't worry, I'll quote it for you again, emphasis mine:

You could still rectify the error now by granting us the rights for the one company at the Apollo. Me and my associates will capitalize totally, you get 50%. One company, no grand rights.

And as you well know, it's not June 24 yet. Ken still has a hold. As the rights representative at MTI told us:

All applic

GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24  Jun 13 2012, 12:20:15 PM
Because what I'm doing is so much worse than someone running a show and the whole brand name associated with it into the ground to prove they're right when they're obviously wrong. I submit that Davenport did exactly the same thing (albeit with a lot more tact): he wouldn't let go of it.
GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24  Jun 13 2012, 12:10:42 PM
^ wow your ridiculous, just let it go dude.

Funny. I seem to recall wishing someone had said that to Ken. My previous responses are all over this forum should you care to look.

Seriously, I don't know his version of the show but he comes across as so obnoxious and also completely unprofessional. Why post this stuff on a public forum? So childish. There's no proof that his show would have done any better. It must suck to be that bitter.

I've been called wo

GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24  Jun 13 2012, 11:42:21 AM
Your friend doesn't know what they are talking about. If they wanted to, they could keep anyone from doing the show anywhere near any of the performance venues. It happens all the time -- amateur groups can be denied rights at any time, for any reason. Heck, I've had permission granted AND THEN PULLED because a professional group was going to tour.

It would take one phone call to set the wheels in motion.

Come on, hon. Think about this. They don't want to compete with a

Best Recording of Jesus Christ Superstar? Or: Why is Josh Young so hot?  Jun 12 2012, 09:33:28 PM
This one?
Best Recording of Jesus Christ Superstar? Or: Why is Josh Young so hot?  Jun 12 2012, 08:34:51 PM
To quote my post just above you (emphasis mine; it's easy to miss, it was a tl;dr post):

Practically speaking, this is because the copyright for the song belongs to the film studio and not to Really Useful (CWSAP is in the standardized licensed score because it was written for the Broadway production and has been part of the show since then; TWAD -- what an unfortunate acronym, one letter away from vulgarity -- was written specifically for the film). To use it in a stage produ

Best Recording of Jesus Christ Superstar? Or: Why is Josh Young so hot?  Jun 12 2012, 08:06:50 PM
"Then We Are Decided" is a great song, especially since it showcases Caiaphas's incredible voice. I was surprised (and disappointed) the first time I saw Superstar on stage and realized it wasn't a standard part of the show.

Practically speaking, this is because the copyright for the song belongs to the film studio and not to Really Useful (CWSAP is in the standardized licensed score because it was written for the Broadway production and has been part of the show since the

Best Recording of Jesus Christ Superstar? Or: Why is Josh Young so hot?  Jun 12 2012, 12:57:09 PM
Why does COULD WE START AGAIN exist?
It's weak and slows the momentum of the show down.

Practically speaking: to give Mary Magdalene (and Peter) more of a presence in the second act in terms of vocal opportunities.

Plot-wise: Its purpose is to prevent mood whiplash. Almost all of Act Two is heavy drama, except, at least in most productions, for "King Herod's Song," which is treated as comic relief. On the original album, it worked as a break from the heavy drama simp

Terry Saunders?  Jun 12 2012, 10:21:32 AM
According to the credits of the original concept album of Jesus Christ Superstar, she also sings in the chorus. Unless this is a "gag credit," which was not uncommon back in the late Sixties/early Seventies, she may have been the victim of TR and ALW collaring whoever was in the studio and wanted to make some extra dosh for ensemble vocals.
Godspell may close on June 24!  Jun 6 2012, 02:19:46 PM
And remind me who listens to naive and desperate fangirls exactly. They're a huge demographic, but they're not exactly coming out in droves for this thing, or it wouldn't be closing on my birthday.

(Yes, June 24 is my birthday. However, I don't think it would be a good publicity angle to say they've seen reason just in time for cake; they might want to lean on June 24 being the feast day of John the Baptist, or some other feelgood crap.)

To those who will inevitably respond: I'

Godspell may close on June 24!  Jun 5 2012, 07:42:08 PM
^ Not as much as I do.
The most shocking Tony performance of all time....  Jun 5 2012, 07:37:28 PM
One wonders if similar urban material (like, say, a certain adaptation of Godspell -- hi Namo, I haven't forgotten you) might have had the same or more impact in a Tony presentation.
The most shocking Tony performance of all time....  Jun 5 2012, 06:39:18 PM
That is the genius of Melvin Van Peebles and the wonder of authentic urban theater. Back then, even though I wasn't alive at the time, I can tell that it had great meaning, and today it clearly still has impact.

Given what happened in the 1980s through today, one who is conspiracy-minded wonders if maybe that voodoo curse worked. "Young daughters giving rich dudes head in limousines" certainly calls to mind (to this observer) celebutantes like the Hiltons who became famous for nothing l

JCS Cast Album  Jun 5 2012, 10:33:48 AM
This revival is the first major production of this show I've heard of that CUTS the ENTIRE STRING SECTION.

Jesus Christ Superstar has a kick-ass string section. They kicked it to the curb, and so, I must say to them...SHAAAAAME.

Re-make it, My Oh My. Re-make it as only you know how. :P

The Arthur Laurents Estate Auction  Jun 2 2012, 06:44:12 PM
His ashes were not found. They are believed to have disappeared under mysterious circumstances. A gentleman in an overcoat with an upturned collar muttering death threats against Jerome Robbins under his breath and bearing a striking resemblance to the late Mr. Laurents was the last person seen with them.
West Side Story - Recent Bway Revival and Nat'l Tour  Jun 2 2012, 02:36:37 PM
And we reiterate in response:

F#ck him, he's dead.

Signed,
Friends of Arthur's Enemies

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You