News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lisalemann

Member Name: Lisalemann
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Apple TV+ Series SCHMIGADOON! - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 14 2023, 01:36:08 AM

Kad said: "So Patrick Page’s character is definitely a Judge Turpin parody… as well as a Caiaphas parody!

What a great episode! And it really makes you wonder why Krakowski’s never been Roxie. Or why Cumming’s never been Sweeney. Or why Cheno has never been Hannigan or Lovett.
"

That’s the first thing I thought about - why has she never been Roxie?! I wish they had cast her in the movie over Zellweger.  I would abso

La La Land  Feb 7 2023, 07:53:21 PM

That’s right - I forgot!  Wishful thinking - I guess.

La La Land  Feb 7 2023, 06:32:57 PM

Maybe this is the secret musical that Amanda Seyfried is working on?  Casting wise - she would make sense for the lead - I hope so :)

Gabriel Byrne to bring autobiographical one man show WALKING WITH GHOSTS to Broadway this fall  Aug 31 2022, 02:20:17 PM

chrishuyen said: "For those that know who Gabriel Byrne is or have maybe read his book, is this the kind of story that would appeal to a broader audience? Does it feel like a story that would make sense on the stage?"

I have read his books and they are really good - he's a fantastic Irish storyteller.  I have no idea how this would work on stage - but if I were in New York this fall - I would try to go.  It doesn't hurt that he is extremely handsome

COMPANY To Close On July 31, 2022  Jun 22 2022, 10:07:30 AM

inception said: "

Although the show may be well known & loved by veteran theatre goers, how do you sell it to a general audience?

A conversation:

"What's it about?"

"This lady is turning 30 & all her friends lecture her about how she should get married."

"Hmmm...maybe tickets to Hamilton aren't really that expensive after all."

"Unfortunately I do feel that it is

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/19/22  Jun 22 2022, 09:59:16 AM

We saw The Music Man the Friday night before the Tony's with Hugh and while I'm extremely glad he wasn't out yet as my 84 year old mother would have been really upset (she's a huge Hugh fan and this is the 3rd time we've seen him on Broadway since 2003) .  That said - I would definitely see the show again with Max in it - as long as I didn't have to pay $280/ticket for it :)  I thought the whole production was just great and Sutton and the kids were fantastic

Broadway will be  Jun 22 2022, 09:41:41 AM

"Capeguy said: 

As an example, I always wear a mask indoors—ALWAYS. I still caught Covid recently while in a grocery store (the only place I had been with a crowd of people in the prior 2 weeks). The cashier and bagger were NOT wearing masks. That is why not wearing a mask is troublesome to me. I don't want to catch Covid again and will not attend any shows in the near future until I see how things are going in the course of the summer. ."<

Max Clayton was amazing tonight!  Jun 20 2022, 02:21:08 PM

RWPrincess said: . At curtain call, Sutton was in tears thanking the 5 kids and Ann Sanders who were taking their final bows. She's such a class act.

I'm a huge Hugh Jackman fan (and Sutton Foster fan) but those kids were almost the best part of the show.  I've never seen a children's ensemble that was so talented and they looked like they were having the time of their lives. The shortest girl in the ensemble was just off the charts good - she stood out in ever

Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?  Jun 14 2022, 09:43:16 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Hugh is also 53, has had some run-ins with skin cancer, he is thin as a rail from all his dancing, and when we see a lot of Hollywood stars in films, there's a certain amount of digital "touchups" that occur on complexions. That's what HJ looks like these days."

Actually - I saw The Music Man on Friday night from seats in the 7th row - and he did NOT look like that on Friday night at all.  I know there is make-up

Hugh Jackman out of The Music Man this week?  Jun 13 2022, 11:37:44 PM

Well - I guess that explains why he looked so terrible Sunday night.  I saw The Music Man Friday night and we had close seats and he looked WAY better than he looked Sunday night.  I hope he has a speedy recovery but I’m thankful that we got to see him before this happened.  Good luck to Max - hopefully Sutton doesn’t catch it again as well.

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 13 2022, 12:06:22 AM

Yes!  I saw the show Thursday night and it was fantastic!  I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time.  I thought it was a wonderful show and Billy is a damn treasure.

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 12 2022, 11:52:08 PM

I saw The Music Man Friday night and both Hugh and Sutton looked and sounded fantastic.  That was NOT a representative performance of what I saw - other than the adorable kids - very weird…

Justin Timberlake In Talks To Replace Hugh Jackman?  May 19 2022, 08:19:20 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Please God no!!! Can he even act?

You must be seriously joking with this. He’s appeared in several Oscar winning films including starring opposite Oscar winner Kate Winslet in Woody Allen’s WONDER WHEEL. He’s accomplished an impressive amount of non-musical work beyond his successful music career.

Honestly - I've never seen him act in anything - so no - I didn't know that.  Howe
Justin Timberlake In Talks To Replace Hugh Jackman?  May 18 2022, 10:41:24 PM

Please God no!!! Can he even act?  If they are going off on bizarre celebrity wish-casting tangents  for replacements - they should try to get Zac Efron and Zendaya to take over.  Now THAT would sell some tickets even if neither one would ever do it…I am surprised that he has never done Broadway although I guess they had to really work to convince him to even do a musical movie again because he was so afraid of typecasting.

I think read that Sutton’s contrac

Anthony Edwards stepped into Role to stop Covid cancellations  May 14 2022, 10:27:31 PM

This is crazy! He stepped into the Dr. Walker role - which sounds like the narrator - not sure if the role sings.  They were going to cancel the shows this weekend because they had too many Covid cases and people missing - but he stepped in and did some of it off book after about an hour of rehearsal.  Pretty impressive…

https://people.com/theater/anthony-edwards-last-minute-broadway-musical-debut-girl-from-the-north-country-wife-mare-winningham/

Patti LuPone argues with anti-masker at Company talkback  May 11 2022, 10:28:28 AM

Stupid question - but what are talkbacks?  How often do they happen?  Are they on certain nights? I've been going to shows for about 20 years and I don't ever remember anything like this after a show.  Sometimes they have the auction stuff to raise money for Broadway Cares - but that's it.  

Favorite hotels in theater district  Apr 22 2022, 09:41:50 PM

pmensky said: "Huge fan of Hilton Garden Inn on 48th and 8th. Clean, close to everything in the theatre district, and listed for $119/night this weekend."

That makes me feel SO much better as that is where I’m staying with my mother and sister in June :). I usually stay more towards Grand Central (The Shelburne) or Central Park (The Warwick) but since my mother is now 2 years older at 84 - I decided staying somewhere more centrally located was better.  We

Surprising Stunt Casting  Apr 5 2022, 05:36:17 PM

Reba McEntire in Annie Get Your Gun - whoever came up with that idea was a freaking genius!

Please help me find a show stopping solo!  Mar 30 2022, 12:23:50 PM

You Can Always Count On Me from City of Angels - good comic number and should be in the right range.

Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022  Mar 25 2022, 10:29:58 AM

Has anyone seen this yet in the previews?  Would love a report as I'm on the fence with this one.  Would like to know if it's "good Sam Gold" or  "crazy Sam Gold"...

thanks in advance :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You