News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for imissthemusic2

Member Name: imissthemusic2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WEST SIDE STORY reviews: opens Feb 20 2020
 Feb 21 2020, 01:16:08 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "Some of thevisual effects in this seem to fall in line with the current trend of theatre for the ADD generation. Make it loud, make it overstimulating, make it frenetic so people leave feeling they felt something."

"ADD Generation" feels like a misnomer for the phenomenon. People with ADD usually try but ultimately fail to pay attention to things due to their disorder. The current trend seems to be an issue of people not trying to pay

Nov 9 2019, 02:20:26 PM

https://twitter.com/nwalks/status/1193206272084107272

Oklahoma! and revisionist history
 Oct 20 2019, 03:10:06 PM

His point makes total sense to me, though I do agree it's a bit of a funny way of saying it. 

The Lightning Thief goes after critics on twitter
 Oct 20 2019, 02:11:18 PM

Becky said: "I tried to go read the threads, and I can’t get past the lack of capitalization, punctuation, and horrible sentence structure (that makes it hard to follow some of their thoughts). I’m surprised a professional production’s social media team writes like they are in my 4th grade class.

Actually, my 4th graders write complete sentences. Apologies to my class....
"

It's very emulative of the syntax that teenagers/young adu

The Lightning Thief goes after critics on twitter
 Oct 20 2019, 01:14:36 AM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Is it me, or does “cis het” sound like a derogatory term? To me it seems like calling someone a “homo.” I’m not a fan, especially since we “cis het” males are usually not in positions of power when it comes to musical theater - quite the opposite, actually. And I don’t think The New York Times has had a straight male theater critic since Frank Rich left in the 1990’s. It’s like...not even accu

The Lightning Thief previews thread
 Sep 22 2019, 09:43:17 PM

Any rush reports yet? 

Betrayal Previews
 Sep 22 2019, 12:59:06 PM

Won the lotto last night ($40) and ended up in Row B of the Front Mezz, towards the far end of the row. Missed a few things on stage right, but overall it was a solid view. I agree with whatever poster mentioned that the set designer should have adjusted the stage, though -- any further than where I was and your view is certain to be obstructed. Really can't be that hard to cut back the black walls on the sides of the stage, which are the primary issue. 

Overall, I really enjo

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You