News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MusicalJunkie3

Member Name: MusicalJunkie3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Orch vs Mezz
 Mar 6 2022, 03:57:50 PM

I sat in Row B on the center aisle there last night. It’s definitely a good seat, but it is a touch too close. Personally, between the two I would recommend first row mezz. Enjoy the show!

Is a "National Theatre at Home" subscription worth it?
 Jan 8 2022, 08:06:34 PM

If they would add their production of Follies to the library I would subscribe for sure. Hopefully they will add it at some point in the future. I may end up doing it anyway for Streetcar, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, and Amadeus, but am sorry to hear some negative reviews here.

Line from Joanne’s Monologue
 Jan 7 2022, 05:22:18 PM

imeldasturn said: ""This whole country is about young. And it's about money. And if you ain't got one you sure better have the other""

That’s it! Thank you! 

Line from Joanne’s Monologue
 Jan 7 2022, 05:34:56 AM

I have been trying to remember a certain line from Joanne’s monologue in the club scene. I’m paraphrasing, but she essentially says that “the world is made for the young and for the rich, and if you aren’t one you damn well better have plenty of the other.” I’ve looked at the original scripts and cannot find it; they seem to have added the line to this version.

Does anyone have the exact line? I would be very appreciative of any information or even b

COVID performance cancellations
 Dec 26 2021, 02:36:37 AM

HeyMrMusic said: "I thought I saw somewhere that Josh Daniel would be on for Seymour next week."

I was at Little Shop on Thursday. Josh Daniel was on for Jeremy Jordan, who I saw once before. This particular performance seemed a bit low-energy. The urchins were singing quietly and almost dispiritedly. Borle was still his high-energy, funny self and got a ton of audience laughs and applause as usual.

Intermission seemed to take longer than usual, and finally an

COVID performance cancellations
 Dec 24 2021, 01:47:35 PM

Alexander Lamar said: "BWW posted a list of shows that are performing this weekend and Caroline or Change is missing. Have they canceled or is this just an oversight? I can’t find any official social media pages for the show other than the Roundabout page which hasn’t announced anything."

Check out the Playbill show listings for this week, which they keep updated to show cancellations: Playbill Weekly Show Listings

Thankfully Caroline, or Change is still on schedule for both performances on Sunday. I specifically bought tickets to see Clarke’s understudy that day, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

CAROLINE, OR CHANGE - Reviews
 Dec 2 2021, 04:22:40 AM

I’m very interested in all these different takes. I saw it for the first time in November. I had never listened to the score before and had only a vague notion of the themes. I had excellent seats, third row center aisle. (I noted a couple folks saying the music was too loud. I have sensitive ears and would hate that, but I didn’t have that experience whatsoever. The band is located above the stage, though, so maybe it projects differently if you’re sitting in the mezzanine?

Company Previews Thread
 Nov 13 2021, 01:51:19 AM

Thank you, Taffy, for making us aware of the new seats being released! I was able to exchange my third row mezzanine for orchestra aisle seats. I’m much happier with these seats and can’t wait for Monday… I never would have looked at Telecharge again if it weren’t for you!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You