News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CATheaterLover

Member Name: CATheaterLover
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bronx, Transit or Waitress
 Dec 9 2016, 05:35:04 PM

Thanks for everyone's posts!  It's rare on the boards to get a unanimous response....Waitress it is!  (Got a seat front row mezzanine...with Audience Rewards points, no less....great deal all the way around!)

Bronx, Transit or Waitress
 Dec 8 2016, 02:28:04 PM

Coming to NY and have on night 2 see a musical.  The 3 musicals on Broadway that I've yet to see are Bronx Tale, In Transit and Waitress.  Which would be your pick?

Thanks!

Which play to see?
 Dec 28 2011, 12:06:21 AM
I have one "hole" in my theater schedule this vacation. I'm already seeing everything I really want to see. Which would you suggest I see tomorrow matinee?

Chinglish
Seminar
Relatively Speaking
Stick Fly
None of the above

Your Most Hated Musical
 Nov 16 2011, 10:32:20 AM
I almost never hate a show, but I thought Dracula, the musical was just abysmal and truly hated it.
Stephen Schwartz Tribute at NYC Opera
 Apr 21 2011, 05:10:33 PM
Is anyone going tonight? I'll be there. I'm quite excited about this concert!
High Will CLose April 24
 Apr 21 2011, 05:04:03 PM
I saw yesterday's matinee, and I thought it was good. Turner in particular was just a pleasure to watch. Very engaging.

Interestingly I happened to see Jonigkeit on the street a couple of hours later and congratulated him on his performance. I wonder if he already knew then? Sad. I thought that Kunken was also quite good.

Agreed that it wasn't a brilliant play, but it was entertaining theater with talented performers.

Soundtrack Shopping in NYC
 Apr 20 2011, 09:10:25 AM
I used to live in NYC, but now that I'm back to visit it seems that all my favorite places to go to browse through Broadway and cabaret recordings seem to be gone. I know that I can buy stuff cheapest online, but I'm wondering if there's anywhere in Manhattan left to just spend some time browsing recordings. Tower at Lincoln Center used to have a great selection. Is there any place left?

(BTW, saw Good People last night and thought it was a very, very good play and performance...Fran

Tickets For Sale...
 Apr 9 2011, 10:46:41 AM
I hear ya Broadway Bob...I do the exact same thing :).
Favorite theatre villian?
 Apr 5 2011, 03:21:31 PM
Lots of great answers here...I would add Mrs. Meers from Thoroughly Modern Millie.
Which Broadway Theatre have you seen the MOST shows in?
 Apr 5 2011, 02:20:02 AM
Al Hirschfeld (Martin Beck) with 6:
Curtains
Sweet Charity
Wedding Singer
Wonderful Town (Donna Murphy)
Man of La Mancha (Brian Stokes Mitchell)
Sweet Smell of Success
(How to Succeed on April 26 will make it 7)

Three-way tie for second place:
Marquis (5): Come Fly Away; La Cage aux Folles; The Drowsy Chaperone; The Woman in White; Thoroughly Modern Millie; (Wonderland on April 27 will make 6)

Studio 54 (5): Assassins; Sondheim on Sondheim; The R

Best 3 - Worst 3
 Apr 4 2011, 09:33:02 PM
Just three is so hard, but off the top of my head I'd say:

BEST:
1. Elegies - Lincoln Center
2. Caroline, or Change - Public Theater (saw it on Broadway too, but liked the smaller space better)
3. Drowsy Chaperone - Broadway

WORST:
1. Dracula, the Musical - Broadway(hands down the worst show - musical or play - I've ever seen)
2. The Look of Love - Broadway
3. Brooklyn - Broadway

Have you seen a show in every Broadway house?
 Apr 4 2011, 12:30:19 PM
I had never considered this, but this was a really fun exercise. I hit IBDB and set myself up a spreadsheet. The only theater I haven't been in is The Music Box. I've seen the most shows (6) in the Al Hirschfeld (formerly the Martin Beck). Runner ups were the Marquis (5), Studio 54 (5), Walter Kerr (5). My first Broadway show in 1986 was The Mystery of Edwin Drood at the Imperial. Also listing the shows made me realized I've seen 101 Broadway shows...so fun! Thanks for starting this threa
Opening night tix for Blue Leaves
 Apr 2 2011, 11:57:03 AM
Tickets just opened up on Ticketmaster. Got a center mezzanine aisle seat! woo-hoo!
Baby, THAT SUCKED!
 Apr 2 2011, 11:33:19 AM
Wow...sounds like I should leave my discount ticket at the box office and go see Good People instead. I've never bought a ticket and then abandoned it, but considering I only come to NY once or twice a year to see theater, why waste my time and something so awful?!?!
First Preview Jerusalem?
 Apr 2 2011, 11:27:13 AM
Is anyone going to the first preview of Jerusalem tonight? Eager to hear something about this production. Considering going on my trip later this month.

Let us know what you think!

Opening night tix for Blue Leaves
 Mar 31 2011, 12:24:01 PM
I will be visiting NY when House of Blue Leaves opens on Monday April 25. As I have no other theater plans on Monday night I was going to try to go to see it, but Telecharge isn't selling tickets for opening night.

Any ideas if or how I can get tickets for opening night?

Play Recommendation
 Mar 28 2011, 12:02:45 PM
So, I'm coming to NYC for my annual theater pilgrimage April 19-April 28 and I have tickets to 10 musicals (Baby It's You, Book of Mormon, People in the Picture, La Cage, Priscilla, Catch Me if You Can, Anything Goes, Wonderland, How to Succeed..., Sister Act) If you couldn't tell I'm mostly a musical theater guy, but I have gotten tix to every musical I haven't seen and have one slot to fill with a play.

I'm down to deciding between:
Good People
High
The MF with the Hat
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You