News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for josiahjosiah

Member Name: josiahjosiah
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Curiosity and Confusion
 Mar 15 2020, 07:31:31 AM
“I Know Things Now” from INTO THE WOODS
Good musicals to listen to?
 Jan 3 2020, 02:20:33 PM

can't go wrong giving any of these a listen:

SHE LOVES ME OBC

FOLLIES OBC and FOLLIES IN CONCERT (1985)

MUSIC MAN OBC

NINE OBC and 2003 Revival with Antonio Banderas

ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY OBC and 2015 Revival with Kristin Chenoweth

GOOD GRIEF @Vineyard???
 Oct 24 2018, 02:09:16 PM

Has anyone seen this yet? Would love to hear comments. I have a Monday night slot to fill on an upcoming visit and it's between this and HAPPY BIRTHDAY WANDA JUNE for me.

how to fill 2 slots
 May 4 2018, 08:16:51 PM

THREE TALL WOMEN is the "must-see." The older you are, the more you will appreciate it. A really accessible Albee play. Brilliant direction and brilliant acting all-around...of all the shows I've seen so far in 2018, this sticks with me the most.

Mankind at Playwrights Horizons
 Dec 29 2017, 12:20:03 PM

Any more recent reports on this? I have tickets for next week, but I am really sitting on the fence as to whether this will be a good use of my very limited theatre time. Would love to here some more opinions from any viewers. Thanks!

METEOR SHOWER Previews
 Nov 20 2017, 09:56:56 PM
Well, she was in tonight! And in fine form too. All four in the cast firing mighty high for previews....we laughed until it hurt. Would definitely recommend for a fun night out. Reminded us of a more jovial GOD OF CARNAGE.
Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!
 Nov 7 2017, 06:55:15 AM

My vote is for Hugh Jackman as Fred!

Harry Clarke
 Nov 5 2017, 02:36:24 PM

I'm curious to hear about this before buying a ticket too. I think Crudup is terrific, but the marketing blurb for the plot doesn't sound all that intriguing to me. 

METEOR SHOWER Previews
 Nov 5 2017, 02:30:47 PM

Where would one find info on Benanti's scheduled absences? I checked the official B'way website and the Telecharge site and found no mention of scheduled absences. Did I miss something? Is there another resource? I have tickets for 11/20 and I primarily chose this show because I am a Benanti fan!

Seeing THE ENCOUNTER with Richard Katz instead?
 Sep 15 2016, 09:52:51 PM

I have an upcoming visit that would allow me to purchases tickets for THE ENCOUNTER with Richard Katz performing instead of Simon McBurney. For those of you familiar with the production from it's London (et al.) incarnations, could you please advise me if Mr. McBurney's performance is worth holding off for until a later date? My impression is that the production here is impressive and I'm not sure how much a particular performer informs the piece. Of course I am sure Mr. Katz is a

Favorite play endings
 Aug 17 2016, 07:01:22 AM

THE LIEUTENANT OF INISHMORE by Martin McDonagh

hands-down my personal favorite ending

UNIVERSAL ROBOTS
 Jun 14 2016, 11:14:29 AM

Any reports on this?

Barbara Cook's Memoir
 May 24 2016, 12:18:46 PM

As of 12:12pm today SOLD OUT. I tried logging in at noon to no avail and then called. By the time I got the box office on the line at 12:12pm it was completely sold out.

20th Anniversary of When Pigs Fly
 May 24 2016, 08:05:57 AM

Thank you thank you thank you! I would have totally missed this if it weren't for your post!

How long are BC/EFA signed windowcards offered?
 Apr 13 2016, 04:35:33 PM

Thanks! Do you think if I send a friend over to the theatre when they open the doors on Saturday or Sunday they would let her buy a windowcard in the lobby? Or is there someone I could call to make a donation in order to obtain one? BC/EFA? The house manager?

How long are BC/EFA signed windowcards offered?
 Apr 13 2016, 11:16:15 AM

Does anyone know until what date casts are offering signed window cards for a donation? I am going to be back in the City to see HAMILTON May 4 but I wasn't sure if they would still be offering the signed windowcards for the fundraising at the point. I think the BC/EFA fundraising is only during two distinct periods during the year, correct? I am never certain what those dates actually are. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Broadway Fall 2015: Which Show Most Excites You
 Aug 27 2015, 03:43:04 PM

KING CHARLES III

A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE

THE HUMANS

OLD TIMES

Alex Sharp vs. Steven Boyer
 May 18 2015, 10:57:36 PM

Steven Boyer all the way! He's playing TWO roles up there 8 times a week. Sharp is terrific but only performing 6 times a week and acting an illness more than creating a character (or two). Sharp is definitely giving a memorable performance, but Boyer is giving a defining performance which would be hard to match. Hope the Tony voters recognize Boyer this year.

THE WAY WE GET BY Off-Broadway Previews
 May 3 2015, 11:54:14 AM

SPOILERS AHEAD

I saw this last night and it was hands down one of the biggest wastes of time I've experienced in a long while. As a longtime overall LaBute fan I was particularly disappointed because what made it so lousy for me was the writing.

First the good: Sadoski does not disappoint, and even in early previews he's giving a fine performance. And the dialogue is overall quite naturalistic (with some rough patches here and there with too much effort

The Flick at Barrow Street
 Mar 30 2015, 08:27:41 AM
Tickets go on sale TODAY (March 30) at smarttix.com.

First preview May 5
Opening night May 28

Limited 16 week engagement thru Sunday, August 30.

FEATURING ITS ORIGINAL CAST,
ALEX HANNA, LOUISA KRAUSE, MATTHEW MAHER, AARON CLIFTON MOTEN,
REPRISING THEIR ACCLAIMED PERFORMANCES

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You