Barbara Cook's Memoir

Miranda3
#1Barbara Cook's Memoir
Posted: 5/1/16 at 3:19am

I was just on Amazon for another purpose and happened to see that Barbara Cook's new memoir "Then and Now" is available for preorder, to be shipped June 21.  Co-author is Tom Santopietro, who has also written a bio of Streisand and a book about the Von Trapps. Very excited to read BC's memoir!

Updated On: 5/1/16 at 03:19 AM

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#2Barbara Cook's Memoir
Posted: 5/1/16 at 4:53am

I think Tom works at Lincoln Center.

Miranda3
#3Barbara Cook's Memoir
Posted: 5/1/16 at 12:20pm

It was announced a long time ago that Isherwood was co-writing the memoir with Cook.  Don't know what happened with that. 

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#4Barbara Cook's Memoir
Posted: 5/1/16 at 3:35pm

She probably wanted her memoir to be well-written.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#5Barbara Cook's Memoir
Posted: 5/24/16 at 10:49am

Just a heads up, but 54 Below just announced a Barbara Cook one-night only concert next month! Tickets go on sale at 12pmEST on the 54 Below website. I am SO excited as the concert just so happens to fall on the week that I'll be in the city. Cannot wait to hear this living legend in concert!

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#6Barbara Cook's Memoir
Posted: 5/24/16 at 11:53am

I planned to see her show before it was cancelled, and then made other plans. It now turns out he 21st is the day I get to the city and I have tickets for Waitress that night...what a bummer.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#7Barbara Cook's Memoir
Posted: 5/24/16 at 12:01pm

gypsy101 said: "I planned to see her show before it was cancelled, and then made other plans. It now turns out he 21st is the day I get to the city and I have tickets for Waitress that night...what a bummer."

Ah I was in a similar situation. I had already purchased tickets for She Loves Me that evening, but luckily the Roundabout box office was nice enough to exchange them for the following night. Not sure how the box office for Waitress would be, but you could always try and reschedule (though I'm sure you have other shows lined up so it might prove difficult!) Good luck!

josiahjosiah
#8Barbara Cook's Memoir
Posted: 5/24/16 at 12:18pm

As of 12:12pm today SOLD OUT. I tried logging in at noon to no avail and then called. By the time I got the box office on the line at 12:12pm it was completely sold out.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#9Barbara Cook's Memoir
Posted: 5/24/16 at 12:25pm

yeah, I'm seeing Hamilton, Shuffle Along and She Loves Me that week. Waitress was my last purchase, I think I literally bought the tix last Wednesday. so I'm very annoyed about this! if anyone wants my tix to Waitress June 21st let me know, they're in the mezzanine.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#10Barbara Cook's Memoir
Posted: 5/24/16 at 12:27pm

never mind, I guess it's sold out! what a bummer even more.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#11Barbara Cook's Memoir
Posted: 5/24/16 at 12:46pm

josiahjosiah said: "As of 12:12pm today SOLD OUT. I tried logging in at noon to no avail and then called. By the time I got the box office on the line at 12:12pm it was completely sold out."

yep--just had a very similar situation. I called many times to no avail but I got on the waiting list. While I'm 25th in line, the box office told me I had a 50/50 chance of going. So while I'm pretty bummed I didn't score tickets, I'm hopeful it will work out. 

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#12Barbara Cook's Memoir
Posted: 6/14/16 at 5:08pm

Just called to check my place on the waitlist and the staff at 54 Below JUST had 4 VIP tickets that were re-released due to the ticket holders not being able to attend. I snatched 2 for Tuesday night's concert but there are 2 more available if anybody wanted last minutes tickets. They were $150 each which isn't awful considering her stature. EEEEEEK I'm so excited.

Videos