News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jay94

Member Name: Jay94
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tony nom rants  May 3 2016, 10:04:40 AM

The nominating committee clearly wanted to make Hamilton the most nominated show ever. I think the exclusivity and hype mean that it will win in every possible category, except maybe Actress in a Musical.

Tony Award TV Ratings  May 1 2016, 01:31:38 PM

The young Hamilton fans you're talking about probably watch the Tony Awards every year anyway.

Tony Award TV Ratings  Apr 30 2016, 12:59:28 PM

I agree that people outside of New York and LA probably don't know or don't care about Hamilton. It might make a marginal difference but it's not like that many people have actually seen the show yet in the grand scheme of things.

Best/Worst Tony Awards Performances  Apr 8 2016, 07:10:26 AM

Who could forget Ann Miller and Mickey Rooney's show stopping performance from Sugarbabies?

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Dec 5 2015, 12:24:32 PM
I was about to ask the exact same question. Based on the television production, Glinda is a very small role that doesn't exactly scream Tony no matter how well someone pulls off that song.
The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here  Dec 4 2015, 12:19:29 PM

Another thought, I liked how up-beat and fun this version was compared to the weird and depressing movie. I guess it shows how wrong they got it in the movie.

The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here  Dec 4 2015, 12:10:01 PM

For those who are familiar with the original production, how faithful was this version?

On a side note, I was rather underwhelmed by the proscenium arch approach and the projections. It seemed like a step down from the more elaborate production in Peter Pan.

What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?  Dec 4 2015, 11:59:53 AM

I bet it's Cinderella. The Music Man isn't well known by most people under 50 anymore. They would need someone like Hugh Jackman to sell it. A classic like Gypsy, My Fair Lady or South Pacific would be great. After the good response this year, I'm sure they'll be able to get some more big names involved. I was concerned that no one famous would ever want to do one after Walken and Williams embarrassed themselves last year.

LES MIZ Sets Sept. 2016 Broadway Closing Date  Dec 2 2015, 11:54:28 AM

I'm assuming that this takes it over 1,000 performances.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/27/15  Sep 28 2015, 03:14:51 PM

Glad that American in Paris still did well.

Really Obscure Play Titles  Sep 14 2015, 02:02:13 PM

P.S. Your Cat is Dead

Beatlemania  Aug 2 2015, 05:26:43 AM
Just noticed that this show has two different performance totals depending on which source you use. Some cite 920 performances while others say it had 1,006. Anybody know which is accurate?
How long will the current shows run for?  Jul 27 2015, 12:11:47 PM
So what about Finding Neverland? Frankly I'm surprised by how well it's been doing but I'm not sure about it's longevity.
How long will the current shows run for?  Jul 26 2015, 03:04:53 AM
Just a thread for some speculation on current shows. Please feel free to contribute to the discussion.

Fun Home - I could see this doing well for most of this year but I think it will begin to struggle when the hot shows from next season arrive; particularly after the expected Hamilton Tony sweep.

Something Rotten - It's doing well now but I can't see it lasting past next summer.

An American in Paris - I'd give it 2-3 years.

The King and I - It will be

Jose Llana The king and I  Jul 19 2015, 12:39:39 AM
Just saw it. Thought the show was phenomenal, one of the best things I've ever seen on Broadway. Kelli was radiant as always and the production itself was a thing of beauty. Jose was very good as the King and got a lot of big laughs from the audience throughout the show.
On 20th Century last night 7/14  Jul 16 2015, 12:00:51 AM
Kristen and Peter broke character and started laughing at the same time on the Wednesday matinee. I thought the show was okay; clearly the main issue is the thin and kinda unfunny book. Plenty of lame old-hat gags and tired slapstick. The audience ate it up but I found myself shrugging.
Kelli O'Hara on Vacation  Jun 25 2015, 07:45:43 PM
So she's starting on the 19th? I'm seeing it on the 18th (Saturday evening), does that mean she'll still be on?
Michele Lee Cast As Madame Morrible in  Jun 24 2015, 02:43:45 AM
I feel like Madeline Kahn would have been a shoo-in for this role if she was still with us.
Theater Talk: 2015 Ultimate Broadway Critics Panel  Jun 23 2015, 01:30:03 AM

I think that once the word gets out that people have been giving the number a standing ovation, people then feel a sense that they need to also stand up at their performance or else they're missing out on something.

Theater Talk: 2015 Ultimate Broadway Critics Panel  Jun 22 2015, 08:05:44 PM

I thought it was interesting that a producer of Something Rotten was supposedly encouraging people to stand up after 'A Musical'.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You