News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Markecib

Member Name: Markecib
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread  Sep 6 2023, 02:31:26 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Looks like they're going to have to recast the titular role ifTommymakes it to Broadway — or just have it transfer with Ali's understudy in Chicago."

I don’t think Tommy is looking to come in this season now. I would expect it next season due to all the other announced revivals, but you never know if the money is in place and the theater they want is open they might.

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews  Jun 15 2023, 02:20:23 PM

Wick3 said: "Markecib said: "Anyone go to the invited dress last night?"

My friends told me invited dress rehearsal was supposed to be tomorrow afternoon but was changed to tomorrow evening.
Besides, my understanding is it’s common courtesy to wait until after first preview (not after invited dress) to talk about the show publicly.
"

There are some Instagram posts from people who saw a dress last night, maybe there is more than

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews  Jun 15 2023, 08:39:51 AM

Anyone go to the invited dress last night?

Actors having their contracts terminated on their first Broadway show  Jun 2 2023, 10:47:41 AM

Bryce 2 said: "Todd Buonopane was fired during the first week of the First National tour of Shrek. Not sure if a reason was ever given, but he was replaced by his understudy for the rest of the tour."

And it was deemed without cause by the Union and he got paid out for the full tour contract. He talked about this on a podcast. 

Most Elaborate/Technically Advanced Scenic Designs  Apr 20 2023, 07:30:04 AM

Groundhog Day had a deck that was complicated with multiple turn tables that always had issues during it’s Broadway run. At one point it became an carnival ride like a Tilt-A-Whirl minus the tilting. I also remember Jane Eyre had a system that was like a carousel that would “drop” pieces in and lift them away. 

BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022  Dec 30 2022, 11:25:00 PM

ACL2006 said: "ACL2006 said: "Elliot Mattox is making his Beetlejuice debut tonight. Will will be playing the role on Friday and Sunday (they're dark on New Year's Eve)."

Will is apparently having vocal issues and Elliot will be on as Beetlejuice for both shows today. Is Andrew Kober not longer with the show? He was a Beetlejuice standby

"

Kober is out with COVID 

INTO THE WOODS Reviews  Dec 3 2022, 09:48:17 PM

So it looks like this production is headed to the Kennedy Center for a run from Feb 23-March 19 at the Opera House. There was an announcement in their quarterly magazine, but oddly not on their website. 

OHIO STATE MURDERS Previews  Nov 12 2022, 04:39:40 PM

I was row E Center Orch on the end and that first 15 min with the coughing train took me out of it for a bit, but Audra is amazing and it ends at the right moment. 

Fun thing I saw was the ushers we’re looking for younger people and switching out their playbills with one signed by Audra. Happened to a teenager a few seats down from me.

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Nov 12 2022, 01:23:18 PM

Yet I’ve lost every single day and went to TKTS and got row A, which is not my favorite, but it was way cheaper than what they were selling for at the box office.

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Nov 12 2022, 10:50:34 AM

ACL2006 said: "musikman said: "Well, it looks like at least for tonight it’s sold out, and the weekend looks pretty full as well. Also noticed ticket prices went up ever so slightly."

It is up at TKTS for 40% off tonight and tomorrow.
"

No discount codes work any more and premium on Telecharge is up around $500 when I looked for tomorrow. Going to TKTS as they increased their prices too much based on reviews

What's next at the Winter Garden?  Oct 17 2022, 04:05:58 PM

Back to the Future tickets go on sale Friday at 10am so we’ll get confirmation then or at least be able to tell by the seating chart.

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 12 2022, 10:59:48 PM

Abby has been back for a few weeks.

Marlothom said: "theatrefan18 said: "How come Abby Mueller was not in the SIX performance?"

Abby and Anna Uzelle had left the cast. Abby is on medical leave but I doubt she would come back for just one performance.
"

MRS. DOUBTFIRE To Close 5/29  May 13 2022, 07:15:56 AM

Sad this is closing (again) so soon. This cast has been thru a lot the past 3 years. I really enjoyed this show and smiled the whole way thru. Rob McClure is one of the best actors on Broadway today and I hope he gets to do a show that is a hit soon. 

Hadestown Understudies  May 11 2022, 09:44:09 PM

I know Gilded Age Season 2 started filming. So Patrick might be in and out even after this week as he was bumped to a season regular.

75th Annual Tony Nominations  May 9 2022, 09:21:14 AM

What’s with all the Paradise Square Noms!? Best Book? Really? It’s a mess! 

Lenk not being nominated is disappointing.

McDonagh’s HANGMEN will return to Broadway  Apr 9 2022, 06:07:04 PM

Also, fair warning if you are close. There is a lot of smoke that come up from the deck and it was pouring into the front rows. So, if you suffer allergies or smoke dries your eyes out be prepared.

McDonagh’s HANGMEN will return to Broadway  Apr 9 2022, 09:39:59 AM

I was there last night also. 3rd Row Center 107 it was a lotto ticket and a a great view. The top of act 2 is a little neck straining and the scene change after scene 1. I enjoyed the show a lot. Everyone pointed out what I thought so I won’t go into the same. The acting was great! I loved the set especially top of Act 2. 

While exiting the show staff that were taking notes were talking they seemed pleased and were noting some props were either missing or out of

McDonagh’s HANGMEN will return to Broadway  Apr 8 2022, 10:26:07 AM

Excited to see this tonight. I won the digital ticket lotto yesterday for today. I was suppose to be at A Strange Loop so this was a nice replacement.

2022-2023 Touring Season  Apr 5 2022, 10:52:36 AM

Pittsburgh 2022/23 PNC Broadway Series

Frozen Oct. 5-16

Hadestown Nov. 15-20

Hairspray Jan. 3-8, 2023

Jagged Little Pill Jan 24-29, 2023

Beetlejuice Feb 21-26, 2023

Six March 14-19, 2023

Tina April 4-9, 2023

Season Specials:

Les Miserables Nov. 22-27, 2022

Dear Evan Hansen May 2-7, 2023 

Company reviews  Mar 31 2022, 12:01:24 PM

I just received an email from Telecharge saying Katrina will be out for the performance I have a ticket for, which is next Friday 4/8, so looks like she’s out for 10 days with a confirmed positive test. Excited to see who will go on in her place that night.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You