News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Performer

Performer Profile Photo
Member Name: Performer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Comments on Catch Me If You Can  Jun 17 2011, 07:15:26 PM
Go. Good music, fun show, and Aaron tveit in underwear. Love it. Go
Best Colleges to Aim For For Musical Theatre?  Jun 17 2011, 07:08:45 PM
The best colleges for MT are (in my opinion):

CCM (Cincinnati) - top for training triple threats
Carnegie Mellon (more acting emphasis)

And otherwise, U Michigan is good and has more academics than others and boco is pretty good, except for that it is a larger program and cuts students. Syracuse is a rising program as is Penn state. Nyu new studio tisch MT is also great.

Good luck and audition for as many as possible!

re: BILLY ELLIOT REAR MEZZANINE SEATING  May 23 2011, 10:13:16 AM
After reading this thread yesterday, I bought tickets to the Sunday matinee for rear mezzanine $41.50 tickets thinking that the seats would be good enough....

Now, I consider my eyesight to be pretty good and I have pretty good hearing, but I actually could not understand 90% of what the characters were saying on stage because the mics were low volume and their accents were so strong and difficult to understand regardless. I also could barely see their faces or expressions. I thought th

Aaron Tveit  May 23 2011, 10:07:21 AM
It's pronounced "tv-ate"
THE NORMAL HEART Reviews  May 15 2011, 11:09:51 PM
I just saw the show today...

If you have not seen this show: you ABSOLUTELY must. You NEED to.

I'm hesitant to say this, but I think that it may have been the best show I've ever seen. I have never been so moved by a piece of theatre in my life, nor have I ever cried so hard in public (at least not that I remember). Especially if you're gay - you MUST see it. It was a therapeutic experience. The actors are absolutely phenomenal as is the direction. It was so incredibly honest a

Which are the easiest shows to rush?  May 12 2011, 06:01:40 PM
uncageg- what time did you get to the rush line?
Alex Ellis Fly Fly Away  May 12 2011, 06:00:49 PM
LOVE Shoshana's version. But am I really the only one that liked Kerry's version as well? At least when I saw it, she was absolutely fantastic - not strained at all
Which are the easiest shows to rush?  May 12 2011, 05:49:53 PM
I'm planning on spending the weekend in the city and trying to rush a bunch of shows if I can (I'm a student). I was wondering if any of you guys have any input as to which shows are reliable to rush vs. which shows I should actually buy tickets ahead for. The shows I'm potentially thinking of seeing are The Normal Heart, Sister Act, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Billy Elliot, and Chicago.

Thanks!

What was wrong with the West Side Story revival?  May 12 2011, 03:01:09 PM
Personally, I absolutely loved this production. While it was probably because I had nothing to compare it to (it was my first time seeing the show), I thought it was just wonderful. While it may have had flaws - yes, I think the Spanish was a little frustrating to understand for someone like me who was not familiar with the actual english lyrics - I think that overall, it was still so so great.
Pardon me while I gush about Shoshana Bean  May 12 2011, 02:57:39 PM
Shoshana is without a doubt one of the best performers I've ever seen. I LOVE her voice, her album Superhero, and her performance in WICKED. She is so incredibly talented.
How bad is the view from the last row, rear mezzanine for NORMAL HEART?  May 10 2011, 10:16:15 PM
It sounds like rush is the best idea...if I get to the rush line at 12:15 on Sunday (15 minutes after the box office opens) will it be completely impossible to get tickets?
How bad is the view from the last row, rear mezzanine for NORMAL HEART?  May 10 2011, 05:02:42 PM
Tickets are super cheap in the rear mezz...is the view really that bad?
Thanks!

'Catch Me if You Can' yesterday  May 10 2011, 10:35:07 AM
I saw the show last Sunday (5/ and I absolutely loved it. No, it wasn't the deepest or most sophisticated show ever, but it was fun to watch. Tveit and Butz are doing fabulous jobs with their roles and they carry the show. I also thought Butler did an amazing job, as did Rachel de Benedet, who is incredibly talented! I thought it was great entertainment.
CONGRATULATIONS SCOTTSBORO BOYS!!!  May 3 2011, 11:18:24 PM
This is so well deserved and such great news. I hope it wins all of its awards. It was my favorite musical of the season as well.
Best BFA Musical Theater Programs  Apr 17 2011, 07:52:28 PM
ahhrealmonsters - In response to your negative comment about the New Studio on Broadway at NYU Tisch, first of all, you yourself have admitted that you know very little about it, so I feel that your opinion is unjustified.

The faculty and programs at the New Studio on Broadway are absolutely fantastic. They have teachers who formally taught at Carnegie Mellon, Yale School of Drama, and Juilliard (all highly reputable places). They are still selecting top notch kids out of the 1400 peopl

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You