News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kingslim

Member Name: kingslim
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 14 2024, 09:01:07 AM

Saw the show last Tuesday and I was blown away. If you’re looking for a fun night, this is the show to see. I agree with most about Cliff being the weakest but there is time for him to grow into the role. Eddie for me was the standout. He is giving a fantastic performance, one of the best performances I’ve seen on stage in awhile, and very different from Alan which is refreshing. I can see him walking away with the Tony. The cast is great, the set design and costumes wer

SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting  Mar 1 2023, 09:04:01 AM

I saw the show last night and your review is spot on. 

Loren Lott to Lead Once On This Island  Jul 16 2018, 05:33:33 PM

Going on the 29th and I was so looking forward to seeing her and Alex. I'm sure Loren will be great 

Jennifer Holliday to join THE COLOR PURPLE  Aug 25 2016, 10:24:37 PM

Why not just cast Brandi.. She did a great job in Chicago and has more sexy appeal than Ms Holliday. And how in the world is Cynthia going to convenience the audience she has fallen in love with this 56 year old women. Miscast 

Jennifer Holliday to join THE COLOR PURPLE  Aug 24 2016, 03:08:28 PM

Horrible casting. No disrespect to Ms Holliday but this isn't the right role for her. I guess the producers are going in a whole different direction. 

Kinky Boots  Jul 25 2015, 10:32:12 AM

I was just curious to know If I was the only one who didnt enjoy this show. This was the first time I wanted to walk out during intermission. None of the songs were memorable except for maybe(Not my father's son and Wrong Guy). And Billy to me seemed to be sleep waking through this perfromance..Maybe it was a off night for him. The only highlight was Haven Burton, who I thought was great. It was a toss up between Something Rotten and this, should have gone with Something Rotten. 

Valarie Pettiford  Sep 6 2014, 07:07:43 PM
I think she would be great too but maybe a little old for this role. I think Mya would be amazing.
Pippin Review 8-15-2014  Aug 16 2014, 10:20:38 PM
It was my second time seeing the show and it was great. I thought Ciara did a great job and I enjoyed some of her acting choices. Her dancing was move fluent then Patina's and she seemed to be enjoying herself. Kyle surprised me the most. He's charming and has great stage presence. John Rubinstein for me was much better than Terrence Mann. Priscilla Lopez and Charlotte d'Amboise were fantastic. But for me the biggest highlight was in the second act with Racheal Bay Jones. She was as funny as I r
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/6/14  Apr 7 2014, 05:29:52 PM
Ms. Williams hasn't been in the show for a whole week yet. Lets atleast wait until she's in for a whole week.
Was Ann Reinking copying Gwen Verdon in the 1996 Chicago?  Apr 1 2014, 06:26:10 PM
I disliked her performance..Just my opinion..Thought it was to cartoonish but her dancing was just amazing.
The cast of Pippin's Contracts  Dec 13 2013, 12:45:05 AM
I vote Valarie Pettiford for the leading player if Patina leaves
Pippin or Once?  Aug 27 2013, 12:05:31 AM
My vote goes to Pippin. Went Friday and thought it was amazing. Patina and Terrence Mann were good, but Matthew James Thomas, Charlotte D'Amboise and Rachel bay Jones were the standouts for me
Patina Miller & Pippin  Aug 21 2013, 11:32:35 AM
I would love to see Vanessa Williams tackle this role, or Maya since she didn't get her debut in Chicago
My review on Godspell  May 21 2012, 09:19:49 AM
I went to the city yesterday hoping I would snag a ticket to sister act but I didn't. So my other option was godspell. And I must say it was a very enjoyable show. Corbin bleu did a excellent job. Definitely didnt expect his voice to be as strong but he surpised me. Lindsay Mendez stole the show, she had the crowd eating out of her hand. Her voice was freakin amazing. I've never seen her perform before and I'm glad I had the chance to see her, plus it was her last show. And than there's Nick Bla
Donna Murphy as The Witch in Into the Woods at the Delacorte.  Apr 5 2012, 04:27:08 PM
Ms. Murphy is a good choice but Meryl Streep would have
been perfect. I'll take Ms. Williams again. Just my thought

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/22  Jan 23 2012, 05:55:25 PM
Sister act really needs a big name to survive, its a amazing
show with a great cast but thats not selling tickets these days

Sweet Charity 2005 Revival Changes.  Sep 8 2011, 02:38:42 PM
I thought the revival was pretty bland, Christina while
being a great actress just was not a good dancer or singer,
I respect the producers for wanting to try something different
with the colorful sets and costumes but it didnt work, oh and
the choreography was just terrible beyond belief, This show
doesnt seem to work without the fosse choregraphy and verdon
herself,I wish someone like vanessa williams or sutton foster
could tackle this role, it needs a strong dancer

Photo Flash: First Look at FOLLIES at the Kennedy Center!  May 14 2011, 10:09:23 PM
Bernadette looks amazing as always, Her dress looks like a longer version of the one christina wore in sweet charity
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You