News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RH1234

Member Name: RH1234
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ANNIE 2012 Cast Album digital release today
 May 28 2013, 12:58:24 PM
I'm assuming the OP is from the label? It doesn't seem to be available on any of the UK mp3 sites - not iTunes, Google Play or 7digital... will it be available there soon?
Evita Cast Recording Preview
 Jun 12 2012, 04:37:02 PM
Making of video here... Elena sounds fantastic actually, contrary to some reports. Excited to get the album!

http://www.vevo.com/watch/evita-new-broadway-cast-recording-1/the-making-of-evita-the-new-broadway-cast-recording/USQX91200996

Evita Discount Code??
 May 23 2012, 04:47:19 PM
Likely to be a discount code by August?
Equivalent to Theatremonkey West End for Broadway??
 May 23 2012, 04:37:44 PM
Thank you!
 May 23 2012, 04:26:46 PM
Many thanks for your response.

So sticking with anywhere in the front mezzanine should be safe for all Broadway theaters?

May 23 2012, 02:41:38 PM
I'm in the process of planning a trip to New York this summer, and am wondering whether there is an equivalent of the Theatre Monkey website that shows where all the best and worst seats are for West End theatres. ( http://www.theatremonkey.com/ )

Any help would be fantastic.

Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??
 May 19 2012, 02:46:53 PM
Alan Menken tweeted the following: "LEAP will live on, just not on Broadway. And the need for cast recording(s) is still very much on my agenda."

He's confirmed Leap of Faith is being recorded, but the "(s)" in that tweet suggests there is a possibility of another recording.

Given we know he wants the Broadway score recorded, and Raven is a name that will probably sell an album, especially if she goes on tour with the show, might we be getting a new Sister Act recording soon?

Leap Of Faith Previews
 Apr 30 2012, 05:14:09 PM
Is the show likely to get a cast recording? Thinking the Alan Menken link might get it that?
Bonnie & Clyde CD - Digital or no?
 Apr 29 2012, 05:36:21 AM
"^ Doesn't it already come with the artwork when you purchase it from iTunes? Mine did. It even came with a digital booklet."

"If you imported from the hard copy it itunes doesn't always download the correct artwork."

Yes, imported it from the CD. Might someone be able to upload the artwork that came with the iTunes download? Can only find tiny versions on Google!

Bonnie & Clyde CD - Digital or no?
 Apr 28 2012, 05:17:42 PM
Does anyone have high-res cover artwork for this? Trying to find it for my iTunes!
Lloyd Webber's 'Wizard of Oz' coming to Broadway? What do you all think?
 Jun 25 2011, 03:32:22 PM
I actually think it would do better on Broadway than here in the West End. With some good casting, I do think it would be successful on Broadway.

I understand that the film is far more appreciated in America than in the UK. But will people really be so averse to some new songs as much as you seem to be Gvendo2005?

ALW bringing two shows to Broadway?
 Jun 25 2011, 05:36:29 AM
I've seen The Wizard of Oz, and though I didn't really like it, that opening number does sound slightly better on stage than it does on the recording. This production has an almost panto feel, and I think that would definitely have to change if it came to Broadway.
2011 Tony Award Thread
 Jun 13 2011, 11:27:44 AM
Just watched it all on YouTube and thought it was fantastic - so much better than last year, especially performance wise. Book of Mormon, Anything Goes and How to Succeed were all knock outs!

Loved the tongue work by Andrew Rannells in his song. And for my money, he was better than Norbert Leo Butz in his performance, there was so much detail in Andrew's. But, living in London, I haven't seen either show so cannot really judge!

I had been routing for Laura Benanti, but was

Free Stream of Spider-man Cast Recording TODAY.
 Jun 7 2011, 05:36:58 PM
Do you think there will be a 'more conventional' cast recording released later on?
re: Cabaret Original London Cast Recording with Judi Dench
 May 13 2011, 04:38:57 AM
Oh the irony! I put up a thread about this recording just yesterday saying that I would be happy to sell my copy, but got a load of criticism, and closed the thread down. I thought people on here would be the most likely to appreciate it, (as you are all demonstrating now!), but anyway, bad luck!

It is a great recording. You believe every word that Judi Dench sings, even though her's is not the prettiest of voices.

WONDERLAND to Close on Broadway; Plays Final Show May 15
 May 11 2011, 12:45:42 PM
I do think this is yet another mistake by the producers. I know it got awful reviews and is certainly not anywhere near the best show on Broadway, but I do think this could have, with good marketing, done well from the tourist trade. Now I don't know he fine details of the accounts and advance and all that, but I would have been inclined to keep it running for a little while longer.

Shame for the cast. Must be gutting to get such a short notice.

Michele, Benanti, O'Hara, and Parker in the running for FUNNY GIRL...
 May 7 2011, 09:54:27 AM
Though I don't think she'd be right for the role, I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Sutton Foster...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You