pixeltracker

Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??

Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??

RH1234
#1Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??
Posted: 5/19/12 at 2:46pm

Alan Menken tweeted the following: "LEAP will live on, just not on Broadway. And the need for cast recording(s) is still very much on my agenda."

He's confirmed Leap of Faith is being recorded, but the "(s)" in that tweet suggests there is a possibility of another recording.

Given we know he wants the Broadway score recorded, and Raven is a name that will probably sell an album, especially if she goes on tour with the show, might we be getting a new Sister Act recording soon?

Mattbrain
#2Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??
Posted: 5/19/12 at 3:22pm

Jessica Phillips tweeted:

"laying it down in June! “@DavidASteer: @FullipsonBway Any update on the LoF cast album Ms. P?”"

and Alan Menken tweeted:

Yes! The LEAP OF FAITH Original Broadway Cast Album is happening, and soon! We will "Rise Up" because our "Faith is Strong Enough"...110%

So I guess that's happening.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

tdl83
#2Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??
Posted: 5/19/12 at 5:03pm

It is definitely on the agenda to make it asap.

Overkill Profile Photo
Overkill
#3Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??
Posted: 5/19/12 at 5:21pm

I'd love a recording with Raven, or at least an EP like they did for Nick Jonas in How to Succeed. I mean, if HE has a market, she certainly does.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#4Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??
Posted: 5/19/12 at 5:23pm

If this does happen, it's a shame that the original Mother Superior, Victoria Clark, won't be included. Carolee Carmello is great in the role, but I found Clark's vocals far more satisfying.

Mattbrain
#5Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??
Posted: 5/20/12 at 12:07am

I'm just happy I might get a proper recording of Jonas's Soliloquy if Leap gets recorded.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#6Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??
Posted: 6/1/12 at 2:15pm

Is the Sister Act cast recording still in talks? I remember people mentioning before it would be recorded in June with Raven

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#7Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??
Posted: 6/1/12 at 3:20pm

If not, a petition should do it.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#8Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??
Posted: 6/1/12 at 4:22pm

From what I have been told by a cast member, there were never really "talks" at any significant level. Mostly just wishful thinking on the part of some fans.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#9Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??
Posted: 6/1/12 at 4:26pm

Cast recordings don't just happen. Someone needs to cut the check. And if no one is ready to lay down some money, there's very little that can be done.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Nickhutson Profile Photo
Nickhutson
#10Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??
Posted: 6/1/12 at 4:49pm

The London Cast Recording is great. Maybe it's in the original contracts that only a London cast recording is allowed to be done.

Nick Hutson Co-Presenter/Producer MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk

TheatreKid3
#11Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??
Posted: 6/1/12 at 5:05pm

The London Cast Recording is very good, but compared to the Broadway production it is like a prototype. The score has gone through SO MANY change/rewrites/alterations and probably some new orchestrations. Not to mention the new songs that were added and replaced some of the London ones.

There needs to be a new cast recording made. I don't care if it is done live or not, but it needs to be made.

I would also like to see a new GHOST recording made, but I know that will never happen. It had quite a few rewrites and changes (most of which I think were implemented in the London production, correct me if I'm wrong), but nowhere near as many as SISTER ACT. For example, the overture for the Broadway production is very different, and I like it (plus the changes to Hear Right Now and I'm Outta Here). Updated On: 6/1/12 at 05:05 PM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#12Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??
Posted: 6/1/12 at 5:16pm

Yes, the score and show have changed significantly since London, which alone warrants a new recording.

Also, other than Patina (obviously), none of the performers on the London recording are anywhere near as good as their Broadway counterparts, at least vocally. This is especially true of the London Mary Robert, who doesn't hold a candle to Marla Mindelle.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#13Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??
Posted: 6/1/12 at 5:21pm

I actually like Katie Rowley Jones more than Marla Mindelle in the role. While Mindelle has an undeniably powerful voice, I don't think it was as good of a performance as Katie's in the UK. I suppose both times I've seen the show on Broadway, Marla cracked her voice a little bit though.

The Vienna recording (in German) is pretty good, and is live. The only bizarre aspect is Drew Sarich as Curtis, which I was expecting to like but I didn't. That recording is the Broadway production score.

sephyr
#14Sister Act Cast Recording with Raven Symone??
Posted: 6/1/12 at 5:25pm

I agree. Marla is fantastic and definitely stood out. Love her high notes on Raise Your Voice.

Videos