News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bluesoprano

bluesoprano Profile Photo
Member Name: bluesoprano
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2016 Drama League Nominations & Awards
 May 20 2016, 02:23:50 PM

I'm actually surprised LMM won distinguished performance. 

The Light in the Piazza at South Coast Rep
 Feb 5 2014, 03:23:01 PM
I was able to see the show this past weekend (this is my 9th time seeing LITP) and I have to say this production is just as amazing as the national tour and Broadway production. When I heard Patti Cohenour would be playing Margaret I knew I had to see it...and she did not disappoint! Amazing in both voice and acting! I wish they would have featured her singing "Dividing Day" in the promo because it is great! David Burnham is such an amazing Fabrizio! I know he was fighting bronchitis, but you co
Confirmed: Donna Murphy to Star in INTO THE WOODS in Central Park
 Apr 11 2012, 02:58:51 PM
Donna will be amazing in this role!! Excellent casting!
Follies at the Ahmanson - Hot Tix
 Apr 5 2012, 01:43:41 AM
In my experience with Hot Tix when I saw LITP the first time I got right box seats which were partial view and then a second time got orchestra seats. For Edward Scissorhands I also got box seats that were partial view and for N2N I got balcony seats at full view. I think it may just depend on the production. I usually go the day of the performance so that is probably why I get balcony seats, but I have no complaints about the balcony.

I guess I'll be waiting of the next wave of tickets

Donna Murphy as The Witch in Into the Woods at the Delacorte.
 Apr 5 2012, 01:36:31 AM
I would LOVE if this happened. Donna would make a fantastic witch! This would get me back to the East Coast in a heartbeat!
Victoria Clark will be Sally in Los Angeles Follies
 Jan 11 2012, 02:04:10 PM
I'm even more excited to see this show now!! Victoria Clark will be amazing in this role! I can't wait!!
2011 Drama Desk Award Winners
 May 23 2011, 11:53:22 PM
Yay for Bobby and Sutton. This is such a great night for the both of them!

2011 Drama Desk Award Winners
 May 23 2011, 11:42:11 PM
Sooooo excited about Bobby Cannavale winning. I've been pulling for him all season and I would love to see him pull another upset on Tony night.

Love that Benanti won!! Very exciting!!

Best Actress in a Musical to have 4 nominees
 May 2 2011, 12:46:11 PM
My money is definitely on Donna, Beth, Patina and Sutton. However, I think is could be a tuff category this year. As someone mentioned all four ladies are Tony committee favorites, so I think this could go either way. Although I'm a huge Donna Murphy fan and would love to see her win, I think this is Sutton's year.

Can't wait to hear the nominations tomorrow!

THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
 Mar 24 2011, 05:15:40 PM
I saw the show a week ago yesterday and it is without a doubt one of the best new musicals on broadway. The score is amazing and the cast is so energetic and funny. I left the theater wanting to see it again.

All the best to the show, cast and creative team today! This is going to be one hot ticket this season! It has my vote for best new musical and score!

next to normal tour anyone see it?
 Nov 29 2010, 01:41:25 AM
Also, in the balcony, they only have about 6 rows or so open the rest are blocked off with a wall divider....cause any higher you wouldn't be able to see the third story of the set.
next to normal tour anyone see it?
 Nov 29 2010, 01:13:52 AM
I saw the show on Friday evening and couldn't be happier!! The show fits in the Ahamanson so well and I noticed that the walls were purple up near the balcony....I don't recall them being purple before, but if they did it for the show specifically its a great fit.

Alice- she can do no wrong with this role. She was great in voice and spirit. She just commands the stage when she is on and truly holds the crowd in the balm of her hand and takes us all on a wild ride. Her "I Miss the Mounta

RENT at Hollywood Bowl (REVIEWS)
 Aug 9 2010, 03:16:19 AM
I just got back from seeing it tonight. Overall I really enjoyed NPH take on the show. While I still feel that the Hollywood Bowl is way to big of a venue for Rent, NPH does what he can with it.

I really enjoyed the cast! Telly, Nicole, Tracie and Wayne were standouts for me. Aaron was wonderful to and I enjoyed his take on Roger. My least favorite part of the show was Vanessa Hudgens as Mimi. I really wanted to like her Mimi, but I just couldn't get into it. Whenever she was on stage

Ripley to Exit NEXT TO NORMAL 7/18; Will Lead Tour
 May 26 2010, 03:47:00 PM
Best news all day!! So excited to finally see Alice in this show. Should be a great tour!
Brian D'Arcy James Returns to NEXT TO NORMAL May 17
 Apr 22 2010, 01:43:39 PM
This is very exciting news! So happy to see BDJ back in N2N.
Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
 Apr 7 2010, 12:32:37 PM
If anyone wouldn't mind can you please give a review of Christine Andreas, Veanne Cox, Elena Shaddow and A.J. Shively. Thanks!
Henry Miller Theatre's to Be Renamed as THE STEPHEN SONDHEIM THEATRE!
 Mar 23 2010, 01:13:39 PM
Very much deserved!!! I'm so happy that finally Stephen Sondheim will have a theater of his own. Can't wait to go back to NY to see it.
Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
 Feb 3 2010, 11:28:19 PM
I really hope that there is a cast recording for this revival. There is just so much amazing talent in this show, I hope they preserve it!
Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
 Feb 3 2010, 06:28:28 PM
This is great casting!!! This is going to be an awesome show! Now I just have to find a way to make it out to New York to see this show.
Dick Van Dyke did a walk on in LA 's 'Mary Poppins' last night.....
 Jan 25 2010, 12:50:05 AM
That is so awesome. Dick Van Dyke is such an amazing actor and I'm so glad that he was given the opportunity to be in the musical. That is something I would have loved to have seen.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You