pixeltracker

Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE; More Cast Members Announced

Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE; More Cast Members Announced

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#2Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/3/10 at 5:33pm

What a great cast!! I am not surprised to see Nick Adams in the ensemble. I am sure they will find a way to show his body somehow. (That wasn't meant to sound mean)

bluesoprano Profile Photo
bluesoprano
#2Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/3/10 at 6:28pm

This is great casting!!! This is going to be an awesome show! Now I just have to find a way to make it out to New York to see this show.

Brick
#3Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/3/10 at 8:07pm

How are they getting these production shots?

I suppose they can't sell the show on the name alone, since it was just revived. So, are trying to show the differences in design and approach by photographing them on the set.

I realize the production is a transfer, but it's still highly unusual for the publicity shots to be done not only in full costume, but on the set, as well.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#4Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/3/10 at 8:51pm

VEANNE COX! LOVE IT! Now I am definitely there!

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#6Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/3/10 at 9:51pm

Very inspired casting all around.

Christine Andreas, especially. Her "Best of Times" will be beautiful!

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#7Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/3/10 at 9:55pm

Great cast. With every announcement this production makes (the logo, Kelsey Grammar and now THIS cast), I get more and more excited for it. By FAR the production I'm most looking forward to.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

CukorLover Profile Photo
CukorLover
#8Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/3/10 at 10:46pm

"How are they getting these production shots?

I suppose they can't sell the show on the name alone, since it was just revived. So, are trying to show the differences in design and approach by photographing them on the set.

I realize the production is a transfer, but it's still highly unusual for the publicity shots to be done not only in full costume, but on the set, as well. "

All the Cagelle shots and video are from the London cast.

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#9Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/3/10 at 10:58pm

VEANNE COX!!! YES!!! Super excited.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#10Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/3/10 at 11:01pm

ok, now that we have the full cast for La Cage, can we please get the full cast for Promises, Promises.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

bluesoprano Profile Photo
bluesoprano
#11Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/3/10 at 11:28pm

I really hope that there is a cast recording for this revival. There is just so much amazing talent in this show, I hope they preserve it!

Yankeefan007
#12Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/4/10 at 10:06am

The only cast member missing is the Dindon.

frapperia
#13Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/4/10 at 11:44am

New promotional video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dYyBwa6XME

(note, the Cagelles are the London ones, but that is Grammer's voice)

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#14Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/4/10 at 12:06pm

GREAT GREAT GREAT lineup! This just turned into my #1 show to see!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#15Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/4/10 at 6:09pm

It might have been due to the wildly eccentric presence of Tracie Bennett as Jacqueline in the West End La Cage, but I felt that Jacqueline seems to have a bit more to do in this production. I think Christine Andreas - who does have a wonderfully off-kilter personality that she has rarely gotten to show onstage - will be great in the role. So glad she's coming back to Broadway.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#16Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/4/10 at 7:33pm

This really is a terrific cast. I like that the peripheral roles are going to some well-liked, "buzzed about," theatre folk with their own followings (in their own right). The director and casting team should be commended for good choices. They've managed to please just about everyone who goes to the see a Broadway show, these days. And that's saying a lot.

And Smaxie, I agree with your assessment of Christine Andreas. I adore her, but she's got got an off-kilter (for me, reading "interesting") personality. She was in the first Broadway show I ever saw, the revival of "On Your Toes." She was ravishingly beautiful, charming, slightly eccentric, and always GOOD.

Not much has changed, except for a few decades. She has weathered the years well, and I've no doubt her "Best of Times" will be memorable. So will every moment she's on the stage.

I have a hunch this all-too-soon revival might end up being the sleeper hit of the season.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#17Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/4/10 at 8:16pm

I think this is a terrific cast! But I have a feeling most of them will be extremely underused!!!!!!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#18Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/4/10 at 8:31pm

Smaxie, I think I remember Jacqueline sitting at a table onstage during La Cage aux Folles (the song) and joining in for a verse or two. So her part is in fact larger (if only slightly) than in the original - but any little bit of extra singing we can get from Christine Andreas is excellent.

frapperia
#19Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/4/10 at 9:23pm

Most of the parts in La Cage barring the leads are seriously underwritten, but with the right actors they shine.

Tracie Bennett was an amazing Jacqueline - she played her utterly nutty but it was totally right for the part. She does join in - tries to take over, but Zaza pushes her away because she is trying to take the spotlight in Zaza's club! I adored her terrifically throaty vocal and her brilliant wig.

When I saw the show, Bennett got a massive cheer from the audience at curtain call. She's definitely not a nothing part...

maxximumvolume Profile Photo
maxximumvolume
#20Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/4/10 at 9:55pm

What a terrific cast. So excited to see De Jesus and Nick Adams in there. And I adore that promo video. Kelsey's voice is so distinctive.

frapperia
#21Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/4/10 at 10:07pm

I think for Georges (I'm sorry to keep rambling but I love the show and have nowhere else to witter about it with people who care!) you need a distinctive, big personality who connects well with the audience in order to suck them into the world of La Cage and make them feel involved, which is what this production really tries to do (you'll understand when you see the revamped tap section).

That's why, for me, the role worked better with Philip Quast than Denis Lawson, who is not only smaller physically but couldn't muster the same kind of familiarity, warmth and banter that Quast could. Plus Quast's voice was so much stronger than Lawson's, with Burke somewhere inbetween. Grammer could do really well at the connection, but I have no idea whether he's a good singer. Is he?

Updated On: 2/4/10 at 10:07 PM

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#22Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/5/10 at 7:43am

He happens to be a very good singer. In 1983, he was in the Playwrights Horizons workshop for Sunday in the Park with George, originating the roles that Robert Westenberg played on Broadway (the Soldier/Alex), so he does have a bit of that same rich, pleasing baritone sound that you hear in his speaking voice. (He didn't end up doing Sunday because it's just about the same time where he got a six-episode gig on "Cheers" that turned into a 20-year run). He's done a few concert musicals over the years, faring well with one (My Fair Lady) and not not so well with another (Sweeney Todd) and also did some singing as Sideshow Bob in "The Simpsons," including the memorable "Cape Fear" inspired episdode, where he sings the entire score for "H.M.S. Pinafore".

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Jon
#23Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/5/10 at 11:32am

He also sang well as Scrooge in the TV version of the Menken/Ahrens CHRISTMAS CAROL.

Upland
#24Cox, de Jesus, Andreas, Shaddow, Hoch, Lindell, Nolte & More Join LA CAGE;
Posted: 2/6/10 at 8:09am

I love Veanne Cox too, but would love to see her in a bigger role in a comic play.

Videos