News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bare_nakedlady

bare_nakedlady Profile Photo
Member Name: bare_nakedlady
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Which Regional Theatres Do You Think are Overdue for a Tony?  Aug 17 2016, 05:24:31 PM

In addition, according to the LORT website ONLY Regional theatres that are LORT A+ are eligible... Making it a very small category of theatres that are eligible.

Tony Georges Today  Aug 10 2011, 02:46:28 AM
Don't know what to tell you, robbie... the show only ran 2:30 on Saturday with the intermission and I , in no way am affiliated with the production. I merely gave my honest opinion and observation from attending saturday's matinee.

Perhaps there is too much hate in your heart so that you only believe the negative... if this is true then I am deeply sorry for you.

Everyone with me enjoyed the scenic and lighting designs as well as the script. The costume design wasn't great nor

Tony Georges Today  Aug 9 2011, 05:19:34 PM
I have to say that while Tony Georges may be a schmuck... The show really isn't all that bad.

I saw it with three friends on Saturday and really enjoyed it. Yes they have a timeline in the playbill... but it really isn't all that hard to figure it out. Most of the acting is lackluster, but the script for the most part kept us on the edge of our seat and I overheard the men behind me saying how the thought the writing was outstanding.

I admit I was afraid after reading th

Saw it in DC and...  Aug 8 2011, 07:07:24 PM
I too saw the first preview and was looking extremely forward to the experience. Having loved the music for many years and never having seen a fully staged production I went in with the youthful excitement of a child.

I was pleasantly surprised by the makeover of the Marquis and was enthralled by all of the "ghosts". I thought Jan Maxwell, Ron Raines and Danny Burstein all nailed their roles, however it felt like the whole show had the distinct quality of a electric power station dur

Priscilla/Palace theatre question???  Jul 27 2011, 10:13:56 PM
Thanks so much! I appreciate the help!
Priscilla/Palace theatre question???  Jul 27 2011, 10:05:05 PM
Is the second row center too close to sit and enjoy the entire view of Priscilla Queen of the Desert?

Just wondering? Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure you get a great view of the costumes/actors/etc. but do you miss any of the stage picture because of the height of the bus??

Thanks

9 to 5 Mondavi discount?  Jul 16 2009, 11:22:53 PM
Anyone have a ticketmaster password from a bottle of Mondavi wine they would like to share? I would love to get a discount on this show.

Thanks.

'Beyond the Rainbow' Judy Garland Musical in Michigan  Jan 2 2009, 09:04:29 AM
In searching the internet looking for information on "Beyond the Rainbow" a musical about Judy Garland's life that is premiering at Meadow Brook Theatre in Michigan I found this article.

Is anyone going to this?

I'm intrigued, but what quality of productions does Meadow Brook Theatre put on?

Anyone know?

re: I Loved A Tale Of Two Cities!  Oct 5 2008, 09:41:43 AM
Glad you enjoyed the show. You'll probably be greeted by most as a shill, however I agree with your statement. I loved A TALE OF TWO CITIES both in Florida and in New York. I consantly am refering it to friends who, after seeing the show, wonder what the critics were thinking because they had a great time at the show.

Does anyone know...  Oct 5 2008, 09:37:04 AM
when The 39 Steps script will be published? Have there been any announcements as to which licensing company will hold the rights?

Thanks in advance.

re: What's the advanced word on 'Tale of Two Cities'  Aug 16 2008, 08:38:26 AM
I saw the show at the Asolo during its pre-broadway run. It was amazing. Yes, it had its problems like many shows before they are fine tuned, but for the most part the performances were stellar. From the official casting I would say that they have only improved the cast from what I saw last and that it should be a very satisfying evening at the theatre.

Call it "Les Mis lite" if you want, but go into it with an open mind. I personally may be the only one on this board who absolute

re: [Title of Show]'s Jeff sprained ankle. . .  Aug 14 2008, 02:15:05 PM
WOW! Breaking your leg as a publicity stunt. Real Original JEFF!!!

Just Kidding. Get better soon Jeff. WE're all rooting for you and the show!!

re: Whoopi Goldberg to star in Xanadu  Jul 14 2008, 01:09:12 PM
HOOooooOOOOoooRAY!!!!

Maybe now with this excitement they'll actually start selling tickets past September 21. I've told so many people to go see this show but all are asking, "why can't we buy tickets past Sep 21? Is it closing???". I have explained how blocks of tickets get released, but you know how people jump to conclusions.

re: Alan Cumming in Gypsy  Jul 3 2008, 11:28:08 AM
Awww, I was hoping someone had photoshopped that pic and posted it here. *hint* *hint* Someone Please!!
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/29  Jul 1 2008, 11:18:55 AM
I would love to share my joy for XANADU as well. They certainly put their muse powers to work this week and enchanted the audiences. Way to go!!!
re: Broadway Theaters used in films.  Jun 28 2008, 11:33:34 AM
"There was some Glenn Close movie that kicked The Producers out of the St. James for the day, but I don't recall what. "

The above was the film "Heights" which is based on a play.

re: Is Cubby Bernstein's Career Over?  Jun 16 2008, 01:10:41 PM
I doubt it's over, he walked out on Xanadu before he had really worked all of his Cubby Charm, remember?
re: Hamlet 2?  Jun 5 2008, 09:24:03 PM
While the movie looks fun, has anybody read FORTINBRAS by Lee Blessing? It's sort of a Hamlet 2. I would love to do this in rep with Hamlet sometime. Just my thoughts.
Miss America visits Meadow Brook Theatre and performs "Taylor the Latte Boy"  Jun 5 2008, 06:19:33 PM
Broadwayworld just put up an article with pictures of Miss America 2008 Kirsten Haglund and Miss America 1955 Lee Meriwether at Meadow Brook Theatre.

I was at this event and it was a lot of fun. MBT in Michigan had Cindy Williams starring in Nunsense and then Lee Meriwether starring in Nunsense 3: the Jamboree. I bought tickets for last Sunday and didn't know that Kirsten Haglund was going to be there. I was very surprised in the second act when she came out and sang "Taylor the Latt

re: Cindy Williams and Lee Meriwether in Michigan!  Apr 23 2008, 01:51:36 PM
Here's a nice playbill article on Cindy coming to Michigan.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You