News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pariswho

pariswho Profile Photo
Member Name: pariswho
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ONE MAN, TWO GUVNORS Reviews
 Apr 19 2012, 12:48:13 PM
Oh.

That's a bold statement. I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say...I disagree. We all have our opinions though! haha

I'm really taken aback by this crazy support for Tom Edden's performance. I think he's brilliant, but in my eyes it's not even a question that Oliver Chris is the greatest supporting performance in the whole show. I've said this before in the OMTG thread, but he's actually my overall favorite, not just supporting.

ONE MAN TWO GUVNORS
 Apr 7 2012, 01:14:51 AM
Oh my god, I am so annoying in this thread, but all of these comments are making me so happy! I've read the play backwards and forwards a thousand times. I just love it so much and I am SO THRILLED to hear that people here in America seem to love it too.

And YES! Oliver Chris! Obviously Corden is a gem, but OLIVER CHRIS, guys. He's got brilliant comic timing. He's done loads of television in the UK, including a major role in the wonderful series Green Wing (it's all on Hulu - look it up

ONE MAN TWO GUVNORS
 Apr 6 2012, 01:02:13 PM
PREVIEWS TONIGHT, EVERYONE! (is the only person who is so excited that I'm actually throwing confetti in the air)

Okay, but I expect some feedback. I have to wait till June to see the show.

Ghost Brothers of Darkland Country
 Apr 6 2012, 12:56:58 PM
Don't mean to nitpick, but the title of the show is "Ghost Brothers of Darkland County," not country.

I went to the first preview Wednesday night. My honest opinion is that as extraordinary as I thought it was, I can't imagine seeing this show have a life outside of Atlanta. It has such a distinct southern-feel to it that I feel won't be appreciated as much elsewhere.

The score is phenomenal, very bluegrass, very soulful. I'm not that familiar with Mellencamp's music, but I'd b

Kate Winslet coming to Broadway/West End?
 Mar 21 2012, 12:46:41 AM
I am okay with this. Kate Winslet SHOULD be winning all awards.
High Stages at Broadway theatres
 Mar 21 2012, 12:45:57 AM
The worst I've come across is at the St. James. I swear, it took weeks for me to be able to turn my head properly.
NEWSIES Extends Through August 19, 2012
 Mar 21 2012, 12:43:07 AM
SO happy about this. I really hope the open-run becomes a possibility.
Kate Winslet coming to Broadway/West End?
 Mar 21 2012, 12:41:41 AM
Mmmm, Kate and Bill opposite each other? That sounds beautiful.
ONE MAN TWO GUVNORS
 Mar 18 2012, 02:28:54 AM
I don't doubt this at all, the material is just all too good! I suppose I have ulterior reasons for wanting the full cast transfer just because I'm a big fan of most of the people in the cast already.
BWW TV First Look: NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT Cast Performs in Rehearsal!
 Mar 17 2012, 03:34:02 PM
Tragic is a good word for it.
BWW TV First Look: NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT Cast Performs in Rehearsal!
 Mar 17 2012, 02:13:22 AM
Grrrr, none of the rehearsal footage looks any good to me. I was actually looking forward to this too! No matter what is said about Broderick, I've always loved the guy. Also, the thought of a Gershwin score on Broadway again warms my heart. Hopefully this shapes up to be a decent show once previews start.
End Of The Rainbow iTunes album!
 Mar 17 2012, 02:10:25 AM
I keep forgetting this show is happening. I'm normally such a stickler when it comes to portrayals of Judy Garland, but I'm strangely intrigued by this one.
ONE MAN TWO GUVNORS
 Mar 17 2012, 02:07:47 AM
Yeah, the second half doesn't offer as much as the first half does, but it's overall such a great laugh that I let it slide. I saw both the NT Live broadcasts myself and had my fingers crossed that we'd get the opportunity to see the show on this side of the pond with a full cast transfer. Love Corden to bits, but I truly couldn't cope with seeing Oliver Chris's role recast. Stanley Stubbers is the funniest character I've seen played out on the stage in years and Oli totally milks it. In the BES
ONE MAN TWO GUVNORS (Spoilers Inside)
 Mar 17 2012, 01:51:06 AM
Anyone apart from myself thrilled this show is making the move to Broadway? I'm here to start the buzz, guys. The show is terrific!

Anything Goes Rush
 Jun 1 2011, 01:09:22 AM
Yikes, I'm trying to rush for this on Tuesday. Thinking of showing up around 7:30, let's hope that pays off.
General Rush for Jerusalem and The Normal Heart
 Jun 1 2011, 01:04:23 AM
For the Jerusalem rush, would 9am be early enough to get the $26.50 box seats for a Wednesday matinee?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You