Anything Goes Rush

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#1Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/5/11 at 11:20am

Has anyone done the Anything Goes general rush? If so, what is a good time to get there? Also has anyone done the 50% student discount tickets 30 minutes before curtain? I'm considering both of these options. (Yes, I am a Hiptix member, but couldn't get Hiptix for a performance I wanted to see this week while in NYC - I needed to plan better).

(Also to bump up my Sister Act rush thread, has anyone also done the Sister Act rush? What is a good time to get there?)

Thanks!
Updated On: 5/5/11 at 11:20 AM

Feldzieg
#2Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/5/11 at 12:10pm

Did it yesterday. Arrived 8:40 and was 5th in line. At 10 there were around 25-30 people there. They said they got plenty of tickets for the evening but only one for matinee. Which confused me - I am always wondering who goes to see a show on a Wednesday at 2 pm? Apparently a lot of people.

Got my tickets. They were Rear Mezz but that's actually great for Anything Goes. I seriously think that the Mezzanine tickets are better for this dance-heavy production. Great show by the way. The title number alone is worth the price of admission.

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#2Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/5/11 at 12:19pm

Thanks, Feldzeig! I suppose that might be because this show appeals a lot to the older crowds, many of which hit Wednesday matinees. And this is a good thing for me to know as one of the time I was debating rushing for was next Wed matinee! :)

I'm arriving in NYC at 12 noon on Saturday, so I'm guessing all rush tickets for the Saturday evening show will be gone, but I'll stop by the box office to check.

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#3Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/5/11 at 7:00pm

I tried to buy HipTix by phone (I'm not local), but they didn't name "Anything Goes" in their list. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy HipTix for this show over the phone at all?

Also, do they always reserve a certain number of seats for rush, or will they sell out a performance if possible without having rush available? I'm going to be in NYC Friday-Monday of Memorial Day Weekend, and I'd love to either have HipTix pre-ordered or else be certain that I'll get a ticket provided I arrive at the box office early enough. I don't want to get there at an ungodly time and wait for hours only to be told that they aren't even selling rush for that day.

Thanks so much for your help!

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#4Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/5/11 at 7:30pm

They do Hiptix for Anything Goes. I asked about next available Hiptix (I wanted three, was going to link my and a friend's account) and was told June 1. You can book by phone - just hit the button for an operator and they'll help you. But I'd order now if you want tickets for that weekend!

bwayfan7000
#5Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/5/11 at 8:29pm

I did student rush mid-previews and got first row 3 hrs prior to the show. I'm hearing that it's been harder to get after the reviews though.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#6Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/5/11 at 9:58pm

I did hiptix for Anything Goes back in April. I ordered a couple weeks in advance, so I'd order now! Like jenna said, get an operator on the phone.

Owen22
#7Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/5/11 at 10:42pm

Is rush for Anything Goes only for students?

Luv2goToShows
#8Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/5/11 at 11:18pm

I went yesterday, got there about noon and all there were no rush seats left for neither matinee or evening performance. The matinee was sold out and told those who were trying to buy tickets to try the cancellation line at 1:30.

Owen22, they offer both. General Rush when box office opens, Student Rush 30 minutes before curtain, remaining seats sold 1/2 price to current students.
Updated On: 5/5/11 at 11:18 PM

A Grey Spring Profile Photo
A Grey Spring
#9Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/24/11 at 2:23am

Bump.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how rush for "Anything Goes" has been lately? I am going to be in the city from June 2-11 and am dying to see this production. Thank you!
Updated On: 5/27/11 at 02:23 AM

Here I Am Profile Photo
Here I Am
#10Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/25/11 at 2:39am

I saw I think the fourth preview and I got a general rush ticket at about 7:30 PM for the 8:00 PM show. It was in row G in the orchestra on the aisle (cost about $60). However, since the reviews came out it has been selling pretty great, so I don't know how the rush is now (I think I just got very lucky that night as I was only one person and it had only just started). I just saw it again tonight through HipTix and we had to wait weeks and weeks for our tickets and they were in the rear mezzanine on the extreme sides. So, if you are planning on using HipTix, I'd say to do it a few weeks in advance. The view from up there for this specific production is completely fine though.
Updated On: 5/25/11 at 02:39 AM

A Grey Spring Profile Photo
A Grey Spring
#11Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/27/11 at 10:34pm

Thanks. For this production do they put aside individual seats for their general rush (when the box office opens at 10am)? Or is it just unsold seats?

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#12Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/27/11 at 10:37pm

I tried unsuccessfully to rush the show for Wed matinee in May. They were no seats and from what I was told, they don't set aside rush seats specifically. (They did have rush seats for the evening show, but sadly, I had a 6 pm bus back to Boston that day.)

They do set aside Hiptix, of course, and I am looking at some dates for later this summer so I am sure I can see the show this time :).

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#13Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/27/11 at 10:40pm

Are there rush tickets for every perf? It seems like it's not a set number by any means which kinda sucks. It's nice to know that if you're waiting several hours, you'll be getting tickets. Anyone done it recently?

matineeidol2013 Profile Photo
matineeidol2013
#14Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/27/11 at 11:55pm

I rushed the show last Wednesday. I was 5th in line when I arrived around 8:20. By the time the box office opened at 10 there were probably 60ish people in line. The security guard came out just before the box officed opened to tell us there were 4 rush seats available for the matinee, and 8 for the evening. All 8 rush seats for the evening were in the two side boxes (the view was okay...luckily you can scope the floor and balcony perfectly from the boxes for empty seats. I moved front row center of the balcony for the second act.) There is not a set number of rush seats for every show it seems; but I have no clue how they determine how many rush seats will be available per performance.

My advice; get there at 8 am, bring your ipod or something to read, and wait the two hours near the front of the line to ensure you get one of the few tickets. The production is PERFECTION, and well worth the wait. (and who can beat 30 dollar tickts??)

I'll take the wind and soar.
Updated On: 5/27/11 at 11:55 PM

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#15Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/28/11 at 6:46am

It's 6:45, and I'm the only one here.
One person showed up at 7:30, and by 8:30 the line was 3/4 of the way down the block. I don't know how many they sold, but I know they sold at least 15 (2-show day). I didn't stay long enough to count how many people got tickets. They sold the rear mezz and boxes. Updated On: 5/28/11 at 06:46 AM

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#16Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/28/11 at 7:08am

When I rushed I got box seats and they were fabulous! They had 8 tickets for the sat mat but only two for the evening!

ShiningLikeTheSun
#17Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 5/28/11 at 3:34pm

Rushed yesterday (Friday May 27). Got in line around 9:30 and was probably around the 30th person in line. Had no problem getting 2 tickets, last row of the mezz, for $30 a piece. The seats were fantastic. Not sure how many people behind me got tickets, but there was a decent sized line.

pariswho Profile Photo
pariswho
#18Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 6/1/11 at 1:09am

Yikes, I'm trying to rush for this on Tuesday. Thinking of showing up around 7:30, let's hope that pays off.

round2 Profile Photo
round2
#19Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 6/1/11 at 11:44am

Got there at 8:53 this morning, was about the 18th on line, and got two rush tix for the evening show. It's Wed., so they were selling rush for the matinee and evening shows. They had 8 tickets for the matinee, and (I think) 20 for the evening show.
For the matinee, it was just box seats (partially obstructed views apparently). For the evening it was the box seats or the last row (or so) of the rear mezzanine, which I got. Updated On: 6/1/11 at 11:44 AM

gotozmoon
#20Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 6/15/11 at 2:31pm

I went to Anything Goes rush this morning. I got there at 8:10 and was second on line. First person on line got there at 7am. At 9AM the security guard announced there would be 2 rush tickets for the matinee and 6 for the evening performance. At 9:45 the box office person came out and said there were only 2 evening performance tickets and none for the matinee. Also, the security guard had said that yesterday (Tuesday) there were NO rush tickets. It seems to me that due to the Tony's there may not be many tickets available for rush. After not getting tickets there I went to Sister Act which was sold out of their rush tickets (14 per performance). I then went to Catch Me If You Can and was able to get two student rush tickets for the evening performance. I got there at about 10:15.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#21Anything Goes Rush
Posted: 6/15/11 at 2:34pm

^ gotozmoon you can always wait and get a half off student rush ticket. They're obviously a little pricer, but if you're in a pinch for a seat it's a good deal.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards