News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Luner_onTheatre

Luner_onTheatre Profile Photo
Member Name: Luner_onTheatre
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Elf 2011
 Jun 30 2011, 02:05:33 AM
Will the Marquis still be taken by Follies?

Thats an ideal location for anything season or tour related that you wanna sell some tickets too. Also its a decent house.

Most Disastrous Performances?
 Jun 26 2011, 10:29:32 PM
I'm going to go with any performance of Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark.

Game over

if you could own two broadway theaters?
 Jun 26 2011, 10:22:25 PM
Wow! This is such a fantastic thread! A lot of great ideas and so cool to see what everyone likes and why they like it.

LegallyBroadway2- "Spiderman is Fanastic" Couldn't disagree MORE with you. However, I did see Young Fankenstein in the Foxwoods (It was the Hilton Theatre then) and the grand scale of 42nd street really does play amazing to the larger then life musicals so I agree about that.

POLL: What Hit Musical of Old Should Next be Revived on Broadway?
 Jun 26 2011, 10:14:40 PM
CRAZY FOR YOU!! HANDS DOWN!! With Stroman!
Hands down the best choice of all!

And Catalano's idea of Once Upon a Matress is about as good of an idea as adding the words "Turn Off the Dark" was to Spiderman

Who Will Replace Daniel Radcliffe in How to Succeed?
 Jun 19 2011, 11:51:12 PM
So, the rumor mill the other day was about Chris Colfer replacing him and there were some very interesting responses to that and I was wondering...

Who do would you like to see replace Daniel Radcliffe in How to Succeed when his contract expires?

Best Colleges to Aim For For Musical Theatre?
 Jun 18 2011, 12:55:42 AM
Wagner College!

I might be biased since I currently go there for Arts Administration with a concentration in Theatre but the school is really incredible. Trust me.

We DO NOT have a Musical Theatre Degree but we DO have a THEATRE PERFORMANCE degree. Its really great because you can choose if you wanna go more towards straight plays or musical theatre. Its actually a fantastic degree and program.

~ Plus, we currently have about 10 Alumni on Broadway including:
- The

Comments on Catch Me If You Can
 Jun 17 2011, 04:56:02 PM
You're definitely going to get a lot of mixed opinions on this one. Seems to be the love it or hate it show of the season.

Anyways, I saw the production and loved it. Its really just absolutely fantastic whether its the music or the story or the talent. So much talent! Don't let the haters get you down about the show. Go see it for sure. It really is a "true" broadway show.

Patash- Charisma lacking? The last thing Aaron Tveit is lacking is charisma. Maybe the stage pressence a

Why did Julie Taymor attend the SPIDER-MAN opening?
 Jun 17 2011, 10:58:58 AM
She went to the production because so much of it is her original work. As I think she should have.

Despite the fact that she was fired from the production, her masks, original co-librettist book work and much of her ideas and concepts about this production are still in use. So it is right for her to attend.

I am in no way defending her. Trust me. It is good though for her to be there since a lot of it is her work. It is MAJORLY AWKWARD though considering she is currently trying

BWW TV First Look: SPIDER-MAN on Broadway Extended Video Preview!
 Jun 11 2011, 05:06:04 PM
nomdeplume- No I meant sick. As in like awesome?

And no I'm not in any way connected to Spiderman. I'm just someone who has viewed these message boards over the years and finally decided to join in on talking on them.

BWW TV First Look: SPIDER-MAN on Broadway Extended Video Preview!
 Jun 11 2011, 04:53:51 PM
This new preview trailer is fantastic. I think in the firing and hiring of so many people, they also hired a new PR team. Because everything coming out of the show looks sick between the shots used and images captured.

I think "Freak Like Me" is hilarious. Gotta love the $65 Million dollar line in there as well.

"Boy Falls From the Sky" is still the most stunning to me though. That number is the most memorable and visually captivating. It really captures the essence of what I t

Mormon Mania
 Jun 11 2011, 04:48:36 PM
Tazber- I'm DYING at your comment. And clearly it isnt! But that is hilarious.

Jordan- I wouldn't say so. That may be your personal opinion but I've noticed on multiple threads a lot of people that like Catch Me.

Mormon Mania
 Jun 11 2011, 04:34:32 PM

Hello Everyone! No doubt what we have here is an incredible season on Broadway. And I mean quite literally everything is oozing with Talent. But something I wanted to maybe ask people is...Do you think the Mormon Mania is overshadowing a lot of other incredible productions?

My example would be Catch Me If You Can. A fantastic production that is so underrated and I feel being overshadowed this season! This show is such a true Broadway musical. What do you think? Any other shows ove

Spiderman Tony Awards Performance
 Jun 11 2011, 04:17:29 PM
I think if anything Spiderman should perform "Boy Falls From the Sky". That is hands down the most memorable song from that show and is captivating visually.

"Rise Above" is also great but that was all they used before the revamp so its kinda associated with Julie which is the last thing they're aiming for.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You