Who will play Matilda?

SKAcasting1127 Profile Photo
SKAcasting1127
#1Who will play Matilda?
Posted: 3/1/13 at 4:40pm

Who will play the role of Matilda on opening night?

WhatIWasBorn2Do Profile Photo
WhatIWasBorn2Do
#2Who will play Matilda?
Posted: 3/1/13 at 4:56pm

They said on their Facebook (The Matilda Broadway page) that it wont be announced until the time of the performance. I assume this is only during previews, and then there will be a set rotation.

KylePKJP Profile Photo
KylePKJP
#2Who will play Matilda?
Posted: 3/1/13 at 5:51pm

I'm going to say the little girl who picks the number closest to 20... but the girls won't be able to say the number each of them picked in the alphabetical order of their last names, so... you know... it was fixed all along for that one little b*tch.

*EDITED to specifically state that I AM joking. It's the other little girl who's a b*tch. Updated On: 3/1/13 at 05:51 PM

KylePKJP Profile Photo
KylePKJP
#3Who will play Matilda?
Posted: 3/1/13 at 6:06pm

In all honesty, I don't know how one would go about determining this at such an early stage. Perhaps I don't have the bway experience or inside knowledge. I'd be more interested in who is being put on during the previews when critics are in the audience.

However, I'd assume that they've put these girls through their paces and each of the four would be perfect any night.

FireFingers Profile Photo
FireFingers
#4Who will play Matilda?
Posted: 3/1/13 at 7:13pm

The UK production doesn't have a set rotation, there is no real way of knowing which actress you are likely to say. The UK production has 2 on for 3 days, and then another 2 on for 3 days (this allows for the lead to be ill and then be immediately replaced) so if you know who was on at the start of the week, you can can narrow it down to two. But they never officially release who is on until show time.

I'd expect it to be the same in the US.

Starship
#5Who will play Matilda?
Posted: 3/1/13 at 11:43pm

I know in some cases they'll arrange for the Matilda that the producers are most comfortable with perform some of the important performances (previews, media nights, etc.). I would suspect that the Matilda going on for the first day of previews will be the one that the directors/producers are most comfortable with. But, I could be wrong.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#6Who will play Matilda?
Posted: 3/1/13 at 11:45pm

Shhh...don't let anyone know I spilled the beans.

It's me.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

AntV
#7Who will play Matilda?
Posted: 3/2/13 at 11:16am

This may be a messed up thing to say but... one of the Matilda's is kinda strange looking. Sucks that it's random. If one sits far away that won't be an issue I guess.

Updated On: 3/2/13 at 11:16 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#8Who will play Matilda?
Posted: 3/2/13 at 11:25am

Should I sit far back in the balcony so I won't be turned to stone?

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#9Who will play Matilda?
Posted: 3/2/13 at 12:14pm

I think I know who you are talking about (Millie is her name, right?) and she does look a lot like Honey Boo Boo. :P

And wow, why being so harsh? A) It was in the role description to have Matilda look odd and b) It's great that Broadway is being so down-to-earth to hire a girl like her as a lead, not a girl that looks like that she just walked out of Disney Channel.

Starship
#10Who will play Matilda?
Posted: 3/4/13 at 7:33pm

Oona Laurence is tonight's (first preview performance) Matilda.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#11Who will play Matilda?
Posted: 3/4/13 at 8:35pm

I heard Bailey's first will be Saturday.