News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for carnzee

Member Name: carnzee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Can tonsillitis be contagious?  Jul 18 2022, 08:01:27 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "KFC1991 said: "Credit where credit is due... Beanie is stuck in a lot of unflattering costumes but the red Don't Rain on my Parade ensemble looks smashing."

"

She can reuse it for Act One finale of Mame when she comes back in that in thirty years.

Booing on Broadway  Jul 18 2022, 07:57:31 PM

Dollypop said: "There was a mezzo who was making her Met debut in IL TROVATORE a few years ago who not only got booed on opening night but had bouquets of broccoli and spinach tossed at her in place of the usual flowers. She withdrew from the production and (to the best of my knowledge) hasn't performed in the States since.

She really was bad, though.
"

I'm skeptical of this story simply because it's hard to believe someone would bri

Music Man Matinees  Feb 15 2022, 05:59:27 PM

quizking101 said: "Sutton Ross said: "Those dates were announced two months ago and your last sentence is patently false. Those dates are not on sale YET. Facts matter."

If I was a betting man, they’re looking for who will eventually be Hugh’s replacement and use those weeks as sort of a “soft run” for them.
"

That's entirely possible. But in Jackman's other shows, they've usually opted to just go dark

THE MUSIC MAN Reviews  Feb 11 2022, 09:28:47 AM

BJR said: "Sure. Because he didn't work on it, you're right. But that doesn't mean it would've solved these concerns the critics had."

Maybe, maybe not. We'll never know. 

THE MUSIC MAN Reviews  Feb 11 2022, 08:54:52 AM

bwayphreak234 said: "massofmen said: "Maybe...cancelling one of the greatest entertainment producers of the last century wasn't the best idea.
Maybe broadway shows need intelligent successful producers to guide creative teams to help make the show spectacular.
Maybe..A lead producer would have helped bring the show to where it needed to get to. Maybe we can allow people to apologize for their actions and let them try again rather than banishing them to the upsi

Popular dream roles coming true / pre-existing associations with a role  Feb 10 2022, 11:25:13 AM

Surprised no one has mentioned Beanie landing Funny Girl. 

New Musical, DEAD OUTLAW, from Penna/Yazbek/Moses  Feb 7 2022, 12:11:46 PM

As soon as I saw the title DEAD OUTLAW I wondered if it was about Elmer McCurdy but then I thought "nah, surely no one tried to use that as the basis for a musical." Well, I'll be danged. Should be unique to say the least.

MJ: the musical - Reviews  Feb 2 2022, 02:49:39 PM

Lot666 said: 

That's the glaring problem with the review from The Wrap, which states:

"The difference with 'MJ' is that it celebrates a pedophile’s life and not only ignores his crimes but whitewashes them."

The reviewer declares the accused to be guilty, and that's that. He, like so many others, has positioned himself as judge, jury, and executioner.
"

"Execution

The Gilded Age on HBO - News & Discussion Thread  Jan 25 2022, 01:50:48 PM

Auggie27 said: "The CGI-created NYC may be necessary, but it doesn't help establish the verisimilitude, and it adds to an overall artificiality. Rather than feel transported, we sense the effort to transport us, and the settings often feel like settings, exteriors drawing attention like old school Hollywood matte work (tops of buildings, skyline, and especially the seaport sequence). It wouldn't matter if the show were more consistently compelling. Most noticeable: the 80 min

Rumor: Bradley Cooper aiming for a CABARET remake with Lady Gaga?  Jan 17 2022, 05:48:40 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "^Finally, someone else I can share with how much i dislike the original film."

To the two who don't like the film: why not? Is it because it's unfaithful to the original stage show? 

Many people consider it the greatest film musical ever made. (I'm no stranger to controversial opinion myself; I don't like the Chicago film). 

Will “ Ballroom “ ever be revived?  Jan 15 2022, 01:05:37 PM

My first thought was 'flops don't get revived." On second thought, we've had revivals of Pal Joey, Candide, and some Sondheim classics that didn't make money the first time around. Chess is coming back, too. So there's a precedent.

But Ballroom as a title doesn't mean anything to many people, unlike even Pacific Overtures for example. I think Encores would be a great venue for it. 

Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022  Jan 6 2022, 09:39:34 AM

jiaxing_26 said: "A little too early to ask, but based on previous records of *famous actors in iconic plays*, what are the chances that thisMacbethwill appear on TKTS/TDF?"

My guess is it will pop up on TKTS in the first few weeks. In the current covid climate it wouldn't surprise me if  some of the Tuesday or Wednesday performances later in the run showed up as well. Just my guess.

Betty White is gone...  Dec 31 2021, 03:17:09 PM

BCfitasafiddle said: "Did she ever do theatre of some kind? I tried looking it up, but results right now are a bit lost in death headlines.

RIP, lovely woman.
"

She did summer stock. She said her favorite part was Anna in The King and I. 

Funny Girl 2022 Revival  Dec 27 2021, 04:30:52 PM

bk said: "dramamama611 said: "Thats not what the poster is saying.....they are referring to an alternative, with a planned 2 performances off a week. Their point is that back in the day, no one used an alternate for this role.

To BK, as roles as become more demanding, vocal health has become more recognized.
"

More demanding than Mama Rose? Dolly? Any Merman show? Sans microphones? :) More demanding than Stop the World, in which the lead charac

Rudin productions  Dec 26 2021, 10:58:15 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "JasonC3 said: "I badly need the interrupted production of Virginia Woolf to be remounted. To miss seeing Laurie Metcalf in that is one of the biggest regrets of my life."

After the incredible buzz she and the production were generating, I quickly bought a ticket for Friday March 13, 2020. Broadway shutdown on Thursday March 12, 2020.

"

Well, I guess the one bright spot for me about that production ending i

Rudin productions  Dec 26 2021, 08:40:07 AM

bwaydreamer said: "Hate to break it to people, and I don't like it either, but Rudin is still VERY MUCH working on most of his shows and pulling the strings still. Most producers and actors have not really cut ties with him, or they are scared to because he wasn't "fully canceled" and they know he still has lots of power and will continue to. So these shows are probably still very much alive, just with him lurking in the shadows (and raking in the dough)."

WEST SIDE STORY Sequel, MARIA, in the Works From Long Wharf Theatre  Dec 20 2021, 02:52:03 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "If Annie, Birdie, Miss Mona and the Phantom can run out on stage a second time why not Maria?"

Sure Maria can join that string of flops I guess.

WEST SIDE STORY Sequel, MARIA, in the Works From Long Wharf Theatre  Dec 20 2021, 02:23:26 PM

MARIA: 2SIDES 2EVERY STORY 

What is  Dec 20 2021, 08:08:05 AM

Fellini would only consent to his film being adapted if they didn't use his original title, thus "NINE." It also refers to young Guido's age. 

MJ Previews  Dec 16 2021, 03:38:18 PM

Lot666 said: "carnzee said: "Trouble is, there were boys (now adult men) who were "in the room where it happened" and have told us what went down; you just choose not to believe them."

Trouble is, the accused (now deceased) was "in the room where it [allegedly] happened", and told us what went down; you just choose not to believe him.

The difference between me and you is I believe the accused is innocent until proven guilty

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You