News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Emmaloucbway

Member Name: Emmaloucbway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.twitter.com/emmaloucbway
Blog Address: emmaloucbway.tumblr.com
Profile: Just a Broadway superfan. Favorite shows include: Les Miserables, Pippin, A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder, The Book of Mormon, The Mystery of Edwin Drood, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, and many more.

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/emmaloucbway

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Idea to Revitalize BWAY  Mar 23 2020, 08:06:40 PM

This reminds me of the In Residence series last summer at the Lunt-Fontanne in between Summer and Tina (but this idea features bigger "names".

Which shows will Covid-19 end?  Mar 21 2020, 07:16:03 PM

jr88 said: "What's the current thinking regarding Ain't too Proud holding on? I planned to see in late June (rescheduled from Apr 3rd). Regardless, hope we're out of this mess by then.

"

I'd like to think that it would come back, since it has been grossing very well (over $1 million a week) before this mess. I don't know how close they were to recouping, though. I hope it returns!!! 

The Official TDF Thread  Mar 11 2020, 12:08:37 AM

I was also at Hangmen tonight through TDF; seats were center orchestra Row K. Great view!! 

Malware on this site  Feb 28 2020, 04:33:20 PM
I’ve been having problems with this lately. Like every time I visit a page there will be a malware pop up. Glad it’s not just me!
TINA Previews  Feb 27 2020, 06:32:43 PM

broadway86 said: "I’d also add that Daniel Watts was fantastic as Ike, he was charismatic, intimidating, and pitiable, sometimes all in the same scene. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a Tony nomination as well."

I agree 100%!!!! 

Ain't Too Proud and Tina: Souvenir Programs?  Feb 23 2020, 11:31:18 AM

I think I saw a souvenir program at Tina, but I've yet to see one at Ain't Too Proud. 

Adrienne Warren schedule  Feb 16 2020, 07:33:04 PM

HunterK said: "ACL2006 said: "I do wonder if they'll add another Tina standby/understudy shortly. Warren is on vacation next week, so if something happens to Nkeki or Kayla, they'll be down another Tina."

I did notice that Leandra Ellis-Gaston was added as a TINA understudy. She was on for another role last Tuesday. So if Kaylawas out, they would’ve had to cancel Act 2. Kayla did go on both shows Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evening, plus

DARLING GRENADINE previews  Feb 2 2020, 01:35:09 PM

I don't know what's up but I had tickets to last night's canceled performance. I hope the actor is feeling better soon, and that the show will extend since the entire run is sold out. 

AIDA Revival!  Jan 31 2020, 11:32:24 AM

SO excited for this!!!! I will definitely check this out at Paper Mill, and I love the idea of having it reopen the Palace theatre on Broadway at some point. 

I think the press release said that the book will be revised. 

Cool Curtain Calls  Jan 27 2020, 11:53:44 PM

Head Over Heels's curtain call was a lot of fun!

Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!  Jan 27 2020, 09:00:51 PM

ljay889 said: "John Arthur Greene has joined the cast, which makes sense as he’s a very obvious cover for Andy."

Stanley Bahorek and Tally Sessions have also joined the cast. 

Most Difficult Supporting Roles  Jan 24 2020, 11:05:06 PM

David Ruffin in Ain't Too Proud

ALMOST FAMOUS- Broadway  Jan 24 2020, 07:22:40 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if Almost Famous transfers next season, BUT the Nytix website isn’t the most reliable source. A lot of their “future shows” are all speculation (including details like dates and theatres).
One Song Roles  Jan 23 2020, 08:22:42 PM

quizking101 said: "Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "I have always found it fascinating that in a lot of musicals, there is one character who gets just one really big song and can stop the show, sometimes even getting Supporting Actor/Actress Tony recognition. What are some of your favorites? Examples:

Berthe (Pippin), "No Time at All"

Nicely (Guys and Dolls), "Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat"

Domina (A Funny Thing...For

Wax On, Wax Off: Karate Kid headed to the stage  Jan 22 2020, 09:26:52 PM

DoTheDood said: "MollyJeanneMusic said: "Is this reminding anyone else of Andrew Rannells and It's Karate, COMMA, Kid: The Musical?

http://www.playbill.com/article/hai-ya-its-karate-kid-high-kicking-new-musical-spoof-premieres-in-nyc-dec-2-18-com-122866

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G231vixGqW0
"

This is all I can think of while reading about this
"

LOL, same with me!

Jan 22 2020, 07:14:34 PM
I think that’s just for this week only. She’s scheduled to be out over the weekend so the playbill is published with that change. Like what Phantom seems to do every week.
THE INHERITANCE Closing Very Soon?  Jan 19 2020, 05:13:31 PM
Maybe he didn’t realize that the show extended and thought it was closing in March like originally planned?
Tina Turner Alternate Schedule  Jan 10 2020, 08:15:44 PM
Adrienne is back tonight!
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/5/20  Jan 6 2020, 08:19:53 PM

trpguyy said: "ACL2006 said: "Looking at the grosses, I'd have to say none as of now. But let's see what the winter brings. The Marquis is the only available theater and I'm surprised nothing has been announced to go in there for the Spring. Of course, this will make it that much more difficult for Beetlejuice to move to another theater."

The Marquis is getting a jukebox musical, as if it worked so well the last time.
"

This s

Goodreads equivalent for theater?  Dec 26 2019, 08:54:27 PM
Playbill Memory Bank did exist but it was taken off the Playbill website a few years ago.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You