News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for OhBoy17

Member Name: OhBoy17
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Criss, Hall, Karimloo, and Pfeiffer to star in CHESS Benefit Concert
 Dec 9 2022, 12:53:02 PM

Is this merch approved by the authors and the Entertainment Community Fund? Seems a little unethical to try to make money off of someone else's benefit concert - especially when the merch doesn't seem to name the beneficiary at all.

Alice Ripley/next to normal in Barcelona
 Jun 10 2022, 11:10:27 AM

Performances start July 6.

MACBETH 2022 Reviews
 May 22 2022, 11:40:16 AM

I also saw it recently and don’t know that I’d call it “sadly still the same” but to each their own. I think there is some fantastic stuff happening here. Negga, Gray, Dizzia and Thornton all give really amazing performances.

Craig is fine and actually grew on me, and let’s just say his black pants deserve a special Supporting The Actor nomination.

Knowing the show was going to be Sam Gold Divisive, I went in really open minded and to my sur

Casting for Non-Binary
 Feb 16 2022, 10:57:11 AM

I just want to thank the OP for starting this conversation and asking a question that, in the context of an internet chat board, is probably very difficult to phrase "the right way". Sometimes our good intentions and very deliberate attempts to get it right can be misconstrued as offensive or ignorant - we are learning as we go and never intend to do additional harm.

And thank you to everyone who is responding kindly with helpful information and resources. Thank you for your

Steven Spielberg's WEST SIDE STORY - News & Discussion Thread
 Dec 2 2021, 10:51:01 AM

I'm excited to see this on the big screen, especially after these reviews.

I'm a little confused by earlier comments about Ansel's voice. I've listened to an early release of the soundtrack and I think he sounds marvelous. Quite possibly my favorite Tony on a recording. And FAR better than the comparisons to Crowe and Butler. But to each their own.

Andrew Lloyd Webber composing tips?
 Jul 15 2021, 10:19:43 AM

I misread the title of this thread as "Andrew Lloyd Webber composting tips" and was a little surprised by how quick I was to click on it with genuine interest.

West Side Story???
 Jun 22 2021, 11:05:03 AM

My very uninformed thoughts: I would think that while the show was selling out pre-pandemic and reportedly had a solid advance, most of that probably had to be refunded. And with the Rudin fiasco, it may be harder finding a new producer to come aboard, especially since they'd have to raise money for a show that had polarizing reviews and the controversy over Ramasar. That's a lot of risk exposure for fundraising. Mockingbird and Mormon were already well-established hits, so finding a

GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
 May 24 2021, 12:31:19 PM

I saw this two nights before Broadway closed. While I personally didn't exactly love the show as a whole, I thought it had some great elements and hands-down some of the most stunning singing I've heard on Broadway in recent years. The London cast recording is fine, but I'm eager for them to finally release the Broadway recording so I can listen to this incredible cast on repeat. I hope the show finds its audience and wish it much success.

We See You White American Theatre
 May 3 2021, 12:32:14 PM

This is a different account/group - We See You White Broadway, which is not the same as We See You White American Theatre (which is having its own internal reckoning at the moment).

Eden & Karen
 Apr 16 2021, 02:04:04 PM

I would like to see a proposed plan on paper from the folks who are demanding AEA do something. The least they can do is present us with a highly detailed, point-by-point breakdown of exactly what they think AEA should be doing. Not just demand "transparency" or "justice" or shout in all caps - I'm talking big picture stuff with specific, measurable results and a workable timetable. On workplace safety and harassment - breaking out expectations for a COVID-19 work

How long until a Madonna Jukebox Musical
 Sep 17 2020, 03:20:37 PM

For what it's worth, I was skimming the subject lines on the front page of the message board and did a double take because I thought this thread's subject was "How long until a Jason Momoa musical". 

And I thought to my own surprise "Well, you know what, I'd probably see that."

“The Hours” at The Met - Renée Fleming, Kelli O’Hara, & Joyce DiDonato
 Aug 2 2020, 06:59:17 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Interesting that this will be the second Oscar nominated role of Julianne Moore’s that O’Hara will be be playing in a musical version."

And, coincidentally, Julianne Moore was Oscar-nominated for both of those roles in the same year! Two of my favorite movies EVER.

Any other delayed productions releasing cast recordings?
 Jun 15 2020, 11:30:50 AM

Girl From The North Country announced on April 15 that their cast album was coming "this spring". Wondering if anybody has heard any updates. While I didn't full on love the actual show, I could listen to that extraordinary cast sing those incredible arrangements on an endless loop.

Broadway Stars With COVID-19/Coronavirus
 May 20 2020, 03:52:11 PM

What was the not so great part? All I saw was her asking for big prayers"

Her post was asking for prayers, but if you watch her Instagram story she reports that Nick has "had a bad morning and unfortunately things are going a little downhill at the moment".

Broadway Stars With COVID-19/Coronavirus
 May 20 2020, 03:45:42 PM

Wait--you're saying Nick's insurance won't cover it because it's COVID?? Is this an across the board thing for everyone's insurance or does actor union insurance not cover enough or what? I had assumed the money was more for rehab costs.

Insurance, assuming he has coverage, likely covers a portion of his treatments. But regardless of the outcome, the family will incur tremendous expenses. Besides medical treatment, physical therapy, prosthesi

Bombshell Benefit Concert
 May 13 2020, 04:01:18 PM

Not sure what Renée has to do with Smash and Bombshell but let’s not question it haha!"

She is a friend of "Smash" TV show producer Neil Meron. He produced the film adaptation of Chicago in which Zellweger starred.

WHEN WILL THEY ANNOUNCE
 Apr 3 2020, 03:02:07 PM

They will announce they are hoping for a July re-opening. Behind closed doors they are expecting it to be more like a September re-opening.

West Side Story
 Feb 20 2020, 01:25:15 PM

It’s sad that the protesters have taken to cyber-stalking and harassing other company members in attempt to fuel discord backstage. At least the production is taking the safety concerns of company members into account by giving them access to resources to protect their privacy and security, and the union, while issuing a weak statement otherwise, is trying to support that move. I can only imagine that the AEA hotline will be flooded with lots of fake calls from people pre

Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
 Dec 13 2019, 04:46:18 PM

I haven’t seen anybody defend or excuse his actions. On the contrary, some people are defending him against mischaracterizations and a social media mob which has no regard for facts."

Exactly. This. All the way this.

Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
 Dec 13 2019, 04:40:03 PM

Like it or not, he's a performer and his behavior is under public scrutiny. And just because the woman in question has forgiven him doesn't mean that the public has to. We're allowed to have opinions about it, and to act on our opinions provided that our actions are legal.

And, again, not saying she or anyone else is brainwashed. I'm saying that their defending him is no proof of innocence or that his behavior was okay.

For those asking why we're

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You