pixeltracker

GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13

GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:04am

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/BREAKING-GIRL-FROM-THE-NORTH-COUNTRY-Will-Return-to-Broadway-on-October-13-New-Music-Video-Released-20210524

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#2GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:37am

I've heard great things about this one. 

Oh look, a bibu!

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#3GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:38am

Looks like most (nearly all?) of the original cast will be returning, with the exception of Colton Ryan, who I imagine is keeping himself busy with film and TV work.

"Cast members returning to the production include Todd AlmondJeannette BayardelleJennifer BloodLaw Terrell DunfordMatthew Frederick HarrisCaitlin HoulahanRobert Joy, Tony Award nominee Marc KudischLuba MasonBen MayneMatt McGrathTom NelisJay O. SandersJohn SchiappaAustin ScottKimber Elayne SprawlRachel SternChiara TrentalangeBob WaltonChelsea Lee Williams, and Tony/Academy Award nominee & two-time Emmy Award winner Mare Winningham. In addition, Colin Bates will be joining the company and replacing Colton Ryan in the role of Gene Laine."

Glad to see Mare Winningham returning; she was easily my favorite part of the show.

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#4GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:41am

I really love this show, and I thought they’d hold off opening until the spring. I hope it finds and builds an audience before January. 

Zion24
#5GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:48am

BroadwayGuy12 said: "

Glad to see Mare Winningham returning; she was easily my favorite part of the show."

was not a fan of this show, but Mare Winningham was brilliant.

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
#6GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:51am

Yawl better see this one fast cause it’s gonna be one of the 1st to close

troynow
#7GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:58am

AGREED! Mare was BRILLIANT. However this show....not so good.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#8GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 11:00am

I thought Mare was brilliant and I also adored the show.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#9GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 11:20am

I just hope I'll be able to get back into the city to see this in the fall.  My already planned trip for October is the week before this opens....grrrr.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BCfitasafiddle
#10GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 11:28am

I gotta see this one. Was planning on getting a last minute ticket to it the day Bway was shutdown. Heard it was beautiful.

Dollypop
#11GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 11:51am

Tickets aren't on sale yet

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#12GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 11:52am

Look forward to it. Orch tickets sold out fast. Glad I got one. Wonder if Dylan will appear.

OhBoy17
#13GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 12:31pm

I saw this two nights before Broadway closed. While I personally didn't exactly love the show as a whole, I thought it had some great elements and hands-down some of the most stunning singing I've heard on Broadway in recent years. The London cast recording is fine, but I'm eager for them to finally release the Broadway recording so I can listen to this incredible cast on repeat. I hope the show finds its audience and wish it much success.

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#14GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 1:36pm

I saw the last performance before the shut down and I have been waiting for the cast album ever since. Hoping it’s released soon!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#15GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 1:41pm

How wonderful, I wish this sweet, gorgeous show the very best. 

Sutton Ross
#16GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 2:09pm

And a very Happy 80th Birthday to Bob Dylan! 

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#17GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 2:30pm

I adored this production, and I'm grateful to see it again.

rkade21
#18GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 2:35pm

Bummed but not surprised about Colton Ryan

This show is near the top of my list because of strong Minnesota connections

Sutton Ross
#19GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 2:45pm

Yeah, me too. He is beautiful and so talented, enjoyed seeing him on Little Voice

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#20GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 3:17pm

It was the last show I saw before the shut down and knew I wanted to see it again before I even left the theater. Glad I got to see Colton Ryan as he was excellent. Enjoyed this show way more than I expected. I do hope that they decided to re-stage the song with the drum set near the edge of stage left. They were so loud they drowned out the rest of the song. I doubt that will happen though. Still an excellent evening of theatre.

Just give the world Love.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#21GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 3:20pm

Did anyone here see Colin Bates play Gene in the 2019 West End remount? Was he better than Ryan?

Oh look, a bibu!

Sutton Ross
#22GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/24/21 at 3:40pm

I didn't see it but a few clips would suggest he was a little different. Colton was just brilliant in the part when I attended the show, I hope he revisits it someday. 

GingerSnaps2
#23GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/26/21 at 11:05pm

I’m looking forward to this.  I did not see it on Broadway before the shutdown, but thought it was terrific at the Public.  Loved most of that cast, and glad I had the opportunity to see Harcourt and others.  I think the “play with music” was brilliant.  Not usually my thing, but I really want to see how it’s changed for a big house.

gibsons2
#24GIRL FROM NORTH COUNTRY to return October 13
Posted: 5/30/21 at 8:14pm

Well, I finally broke down and bought a ticket for this show. I didn't plan to see it either pre pandemic nor when the Broadway reopens, but watching the videos about the show on YouTube convinced me that it's worth seeing for the music alone. Something tells me I'd regret not seeing it if the show closes too early. Now, if only I can get a great ticket for Hadestown to any September show, I'd be the happiest person ever.

Videos