News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Al Dente

Al Dente Profile Photo
Member Name: Al Dente
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Nikki Snelson no longer attached to The CW's VALENTINE  Jul 24 2008, 02:14:29 PM
Perhaps the break has done us both some good. We're agreeing for the first time in our (combined) long histories on this board. I'm sorry but I cannot stress enough that that would have never happened.
re: Nikki Snelson no longer attached to The CW's VALENTINE  Jul 24 2008, 02:11:42 PM
I'm only making an appearance because Rathnait has decided to come back from long and refreshing absence to add her support to Snelson (surprise) but I don't believe for one second she's been doing the role on tour without a contract for this long. I say this as someone who's negotiated numerous contracts and that simply would not have happened. Sounds like spin to me. but hey, Rathnait loves her, so she'll be fine!
re: Will Legally Blonde even last until the reality show????  Feb 3 2008, 11:59:57 AM
Poor Rath, her whole life revolves around obsessing over and maligning someone who doesn't even know she's alive every single chance she gets. Ya know Rathy honey, the more you talk about her the more OrFAKE who overreacts in every scene and thankfully saves the fledgling show along with her equally fake husband, the more you raise her profile on the illustrious Broadwayworld. But you'd know that if you would take your head out of you ass for five minutes and think about something, anything else
re: Laura Bell Bundy and the Note  Dec 5 2007, 08:35:02 PM
Sorry Bobby but Legally Blonde ain't Sondheim so your repeated comparisons are ridicuous. It's not a deep classical piece, or any sort of drama good or bad. It's a splashy MUSICAL with an absolutely abyssmal book, so the only thing the lead and supporting cast of Blonde have to do, and do well, is SING and sell the songs, not recite text from The Seagull. Just sayin'.
re: Laura Bell Bundy and the Note  Dec 5 2007, 05:04:16 PM
Bobby, with all the bickering we've been doing lately about other topics, I'm literally shaking my head at your posts on this thread, especially the last one. I'm not going to threadjack so I'll pm you later. On topic, I'm not going to get in to Bundy's skill set but I will fault the writers. It would only benefit them if their song sounded great with or without their originally intended note. This one issue is not Bundy's fault and she should insists upon having it changed.

re: Why is Brooke (legally Blonde) Being Held in Boston if the Murder Happe  Nov 30 2007, 12:05:58 PM
If I didn't see this thread myself I, I'd have never believed it existed.
re: 'DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN' closes in Londons West End.  Nov 30 2007, 11:34:35 AM
Not a shot in hell. Surprised it ran as long as it did actually. Songanddanceman, lol to your "wedged in with a shoehorn".
re: Catch Me If You Can: The Musical...A First Look!  Nov 26 2007, 11:09:12 PM
We're all crossing our fingers and toes for that to happen Craig and yes, that is the hopeful rumor.
re: Catch Me If You Can: The Musical...A First Look!  Nov 26 2007, 11:04:36 PM
Sue baby, we're striking here in L.A. too, so I've had time to lurk.

*Mr. Shaiman, that was funny, sad but funny.

re: Catch Me If You Can: The Musical...A First Look!  Nov 26 2007, 11:01:20 PM
You got that right. And Borle could never pass as a teen. Morrison maybe but why cast Morrison when you've got Groff who I'm sure could play both sides effortlessly. Again, all pure speculation.

*sp

re: Catch Me If You Can: The Musical...A First Look!  Nov 26 2007, 10:51:00 PM
Does it matter that neither Borle nor Morrison (whom I enjoy) are both too "grown" to pass as teens, even on stage?
re: I'M IN AN NEW YORK MAGAZINE ARTICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Nov 20 2007, 11:31:58 AM
You're totally right Craig. This is simply one of the countless "super theater fan" blogs.
re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?  Nov 15 2007, 05:50:34 PM
And that's all *I* was trying to point out Bobby. Ya know I could never stay "mad" at one of my oldest board cronies.
re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?  Nov 15 2007, 05:02:19 PM
It's obvious Bobby has a great passion for Kate Shindle (he started this thread) and I can more than respect that but the dark turn it took at Orfeh's expense is ugly.
re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?  Nov 15 2007, 04:43:42 PM
Sorry Bobby my old friend but you are so wrong, it's comedic. If everyone on this thread is defending Shindle's acting by "blaming" it on the writing, Orfeh is a comic genius for being able to get the literal guffaws she garners from the crowd with the material that poor gal is stuck with. On another note, why go after Orfeh for no reason, this thread was not about her other than Rup "warning" SomeWick about how up in arms some posters get when other posters suggest certain actors shouldn't tak
re: if 'Desperately Seeking Susan' comes to Broadway  Nov 13 2007, 02:50:58 PM
And honestly, if it didn't do well there, there's not a chance it wouldn't be completely massacred here. I happen to know the pockets were deep enough but the pocket holders not daft enough.
re: So...are people still COMPLAINING about Esparza losing?  Nov 13 2007, 02:48:26 PM
And craig, I forgot my :) at the end of "Pop". I actually loved being able to give you that response with MY tongue firmly planted in my cheek. You and I, for better or worse are old buds.
re: So...are people still COMPLAINING about Esparza losing?  Nov 13 2007, 02:43:49 PM
Really Craig, you showed up on of all threads, THIS one to correct and chastise little ole me when you know darn well it's meant in jest and with a load of sarcasm? I'm so flattered!

Here, is this better:

Dear posters of Bww, I feel deeply that there was a grave injustice during the 2007 Tony award season when Orfeh lost the coveted, yet meaningless in terms of the rest of the world of entertainment, Tony award to sentimental favorite Mary Louis Wilson. In my most humb

re: if 'Desperately Seeking Susan' comes to Broadway  Nov 13 2007, 02:30:54 PM
Orfeh = Madonna, too obvious. But this is one show that ain't never coming in.
re: Local One LJ goes after ATC  Nov 13 2007, 02:23:20 PM
Walt, you know I love ya but what exactly are you doing in the biz right now? I'm honestly posing the question because as I said 2 moments ago, there's going to be a ton of these sorts of responses and I am curious.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You