News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for littleredridinghood

littleredridinghood Profile Photo
Member Name: littleredridinghood
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Location: westchester county, new york/carlisle, pennsylvania

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Admit it--you know nothing about ____ show
 Feb 5 2006, 08:59:43 PM
Show Boat
re: What Tony Categories Will Sweeney Be Nominated In?
 Feb 5 2006, 12:10:47 PM
First things first, ljay I LOVE your avatar...

Best Revival
Best Director
Best Actress (Patti)
Best Actor (Michael)
Best Supporting Actress (Donna or Lauren, or both)
Best Supporting Actor (Manoel)
Best Orchestrations
Best Lighting (yeah there wasn't a lot of colors, but the way they used them was amazing)
Best Costume Design

It's a lock, in my opinion, for Best Revival and Best Director.

re: Sweeney Todd, Around the Block - Nice article from FoxNews.com
 Feb 1 2006, 12:48:10 PM
"I did ask her and Sondheim if they knew anything — after 25 years of this — about Mr. Lovett.
'He's deceased,' Patti said, almost in character.

Yeah, not to nitpick about that, but don't they say so in the show that Mr. Lovett died?

re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
 Feb 1 2006, 09:02:18 AM
Yay, Drood. jimmirae - What was the Mayor Sapsea dialogue like when he was a lover? They took it out of the version we did at my school (I've seen the original Broadway cast on tape and the version we did was quite different...). And every time you went, you saw Rosa as murderer? At our production, she never got voted and she has the best confession...
re: Academy Awards - Rent and Producers
 Jan 31 2006, 02:10:36 PM
"it will probably lead the pack of nominations at the razzies."

Neither Rent nor the Producers got any Razzie nominations. Neither was Oscar-caliber, though neither was total crap in the way that, say, Gigli was.

re: Shows you wish were back on Broadway or shows you wish you could have s
 Jan 31 2006, 01:30:33 AM
Into the Woods (both the original and the revival), Sweeney Todd (the original), Company, The Mystery of Edwin Drood, A Chorus Line, Anything Goes...and I saw Les Miz on Broadway but I wish it was still there, same with the Carousel at Lincoln Center and Ragtime
re: Revivals yet to be
 Jan 30 2006, 05:43:01 PM
DROOOOOOOOOOOOOD

and if Sunday in the Park with George transfers to the West End then here, I'll be happy indeed. I know A Little Night Music is happening, but when?

re: Bad audience behavior - revisited
 Jan 30 2006, 12:55:59 PM
My dad, during Forbidden Broadway, started laughing really hard, which elevated into extremely heavy coughing, which turned into him choking. It was loud, and that theater's small. Eek.
re: Best Broadway Lyric?
 Jan 29 2006, 08:02:35 PM
"Yes, but even one prick, it's my thing about blood -"
"Well, it's sick!"
"It's no sicker than your thing with dwarfs..."
"Dwarves!"
"Dwarfs..."
"Dwarves are very upsetting..."

Worst. Lyrics. EVER.
 Jan 29 2006, 12:46:58 PM
Okay, these aren't the worst lyrics ever, and I love Drood, which has a ton of great lyrics, but from "No Good Can Come from Bad":
"Ah, but a waistcoat worn
Can soon be torn
And faggots, too
Til maggots feed on you!"
This makes the audience snicker because of "faggots" (real mature, guys), but it doesn't even make sense, even in the archaic meaning with the bundle of sticks...

re: Best Broadway Lyric?
 Jan 29 2006, 01:02:20 AM
Anything Sondheim, PORTER, Finn, Brown, or LaChiusa...or City of Angels... Chicago, A Chorus Line... and whoever said Drood, thank you (the confessions and "Both Sides of the Coin" are so great!)!
re: Jersey Boys- Love Thread
 Jan 26 2006, 10:51:35 PM
Oh, and I love it when Daniel goes on a rant about the "old city/country/something" (it's neighborhood, thanks wicked_mimi) toward the end. He's great too. If this gets screwed over for the Tonys because it's a jukebox musical I'll be sad.

Worst. Lyrics. EVER.
 Jan 26 2006, 10:50:20 PM
They're not the worst lyrics ever, but what comes to mind are the lines in "You'll See Boys" from Rent where it says "boys" about 6 lines in a row...though the NYTW lyrics of Rent are by far the most awful lyrics I have ever heard in my life. Love Rent though.

Also, I love T.S. Eliot, but if you didn't know that Cats was based on his poems, you'd probably think that Cats had the most screwed-up lyrics ever...

re: Jersey Boys- Love Thread
 Jan 26 2006, 11:19:39 AM
Jersey Boys was soooo much more than I thought it was going to be...John is obviously incredible, but I agree with whoever said Christian Hoff is too. It was very well-written and acted, and I've never seen an audience react the way they did. Great show.
re: Top Five Most Powerful Shows You've Seen
 Jan 25 2006, 12:01:55 AM
Angels in America, Sweeney Todd, Company, and Rent all come to mind.
re: Broadway/Musical songs that make you cry
 Jan 24 2006, 04:47:27 PM
"Not While I'm Around," Sweeney Todd...though in the revival, it's so creepy (in a good way), so I didn't cry.

"Goodbye Until Tomorrow/I Could Never Rescue You," The Last Five Years. God, Norbert. Stop being so damn good.

"Being Alive," Company...Sondheim just has a way of illustrating the human condition.

I sob hysterically through all of Les Miz and Light in the Piazza, and kind of the whole second act of Rent.

If the performer's crying, I generally start c

re: What is the BEST musical of ALL Time and what is the WORST musical of a
 Jan 22 2006, 11:37:56 PM
Best: A Chorus Line, Sweeney Todd, Carousel, My Fair Lady
Worst: Bring Back Birdie

re: Favorite Sweeney Todd Quote
 Jan 19 2006, 11:21:21 AM
"locksmith?"
re: Westchester Broadway Theatre
 Jan 4 2006, 05:04:33 PM
I saw Miss Saigon there. It was excellent, except for the fact that Kim was quite obviously not Asian. One of my friends was in a production there recently, and while I wasn't able to see it, a few other people did and said it was great.

But yeah, the food is pretty awful.

re: Sutton as Eponine..
 Dec 30 2005, 01:03:56 AM
Sutton was much better as Eponine...Diana was way too cutesy, though her voice was amazing. Sutton's my favorite Eponine besides Sarah Uriarte-Berry.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You