The Mystery of Edwin Drood

Ebonic_Singer
#0The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 1/31/06 at 9:42pm

I just recieved this CD and am in love. Some of it is hauntingly beautiful, some of it is witty and quirky. It's so refreshing to put it on my iPod!

andyf
#1re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 1/31/06 at 9:44pm

You're welcome.

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]

Ebonic_Singer
#2re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 1/31/06 at 9:48pm

I said thanks, dork.

gettinhep Profile Photo
gettinhep
#3re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 1/31/06 at 9:49pm

Man, I thought 'Mystery of Edwin Drood' was almost impossible to find!

'Try not to have a good time...this is supposed to be educational.' - Lucy Van Pelt

Ebonic_Singer
#4re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 1/31/06 at 9:52pm

I've got connections...?

gettinhep Profile Photo
gettinhep
#5re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 1/31/06 at 10:03pm

Do you have all the endings?

'Try not to have a good time...this is supposed to be educational.' - Lucy Van Pelt

ChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
#6re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 1/31/06 at 11:03pm

I love my Edwin Drood CD. I got it off eBay last year. It has all the endings which sounds fun at first, but gets tedious real fast!

"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"
Updated On: 1/31/06 at 11:03 PM

Overthemoon6 Profile Photo
Overthemoon6
#7re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 1/31/06 at 11:06pm

In my next Caberet performance, we are singing "There You Are" from Edwin Drood! :)

And then, do you know Monseiur Marius, I believe I was a little in love with you.
♥♥♥

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#8re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 1/31/06 at 11:25pm

I love Drood. Cleo Laine doing "Garden Path to Hell" and "Wages of Sin". I also love George Rose (I miss him!) and his rendition of "Both sides of the coin" with Howard Mc. I even enjoyed Betty Buckley as Drood & Datchery.
I wish the CD had all alternate "Lovers" choices but how many cd's would that take then? LOL!
I saw it 3 times and 2 times Cleo Laine was chosen with "Durdles" and once with Chairmain/Mayor Sapsea (George Rose). I'm glad I saw them do the duet once.
@ times I saw it they chose Rosa Bud as Murderer too, I always tried to vote Princess Puffer as the Villan but never the luck, LOL!

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

ashers2u Profile Photo
ashers2u
#9re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 2/1/06 at 2:15am

awwww, i just was in a production of that in college last year!!! its so fun to be in too, because even as a cast member you are completely entertained every night with the different endings!

I was lost 'til I heard the drums, then I found my way

littleredridinghood Profile Photo
littleredridinghood
#10re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 2/1/06 at 9:02am

Yay, Drood. jimmirae - What was the Mayor Sapsea dialogue like when he was a lover? They took it out of the version we did at my school (I've seen the original Broadway cast on tape and the version we did was quite different...). And every time you went, you saw Rosa as murderer? At our production, she never got voted re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood and she has the best confession...

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#11re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 2/1/06 at 9:28am

I love this show--alot of really good songs and so much fun! I stated in an ealrier post about The Public Sings that I still listened to my cassette tape of Drood. Yes, I am that out of the technological loop.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#12re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 2/1/06 at 9:43am

Love this show! I saw it twice in New York. Once just after it opened with the full OBC, and once about a year later on Broadway with Donna Murphy as Drood and Karen Morrow as Puffer. The first time was by far the best... and I couldn't wait to get the cast recording. The music is very unusual, but brilliant. Moonfall is still my favorite, plus the Act I finale number with Patti Cohenour and Howard McGillan singing up into the rafters.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

bdwybug55
#13re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 2/1/06 at 10:28am

I LOVE this show and really hope there is a revival soon.

Follies Profile Photo
Follies
#14re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 2/1/06 at 10:44am

"Edwin Drood" is one of my favorite non-Sondheim shows. I was lucky enough to see the show and have very fond memories of it. I love Cleo's "Wages of Sin" and Patti Cohenour and Betty Buckley are incredible on the beautiful "Perfect Strangers".

I heard a rumor this CD will be reissued in the near future, so it won't be rare much longer.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#15re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 2/1/06 at 11:55am

I adore Drood. Great score, and great cast top to bottom. It took me a while to love this show, but now it has me hooked.

TheBalladeer Profile Photo
TheBalladeer
#16re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 2/1/06 at 1:49pm

I LOVE Drood as well.....it is one of my absolute favorite shows, and I am dying to perform in a production of this show one day. I really hope they do a Broadway revival of this show at some point, too....it is time for a revival of this. The thing I love about this show is the fact that it can never get stale, due to the numerous possibilities of endings. I hope that they do release this CD again soon.

"Someone tell the story...Someone sing the song...."

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#17re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 2/1/06 at 4:21pm

I saw Drood many times, both on Broadway and in the Park, and was thoroughly enchanted every time. Betty Buckley and Patti Cohenour were perfection, and Cleo Laine stopped the show about every two seconds. A friend of mine was actually in the show for a while. Good times.

TheBalladeer Profile Photo
TheBalladeer
#18re: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Posted: 2/2/06 at 2:12am

Wow...that must have been great to see that show so many times....I would love to see this show numerous times. I am obsessed.

"Someone tell the story...Someone sing the song...."

Videos