News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayMouth

Member Name: BroadwayMouth
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Beauty and the Beast
 Jan 9 2017, 06:20:12 PM

Scotty, that look is intentional. It's the same sort of heightened reality look that marked Kenneth Brannah's "Cinderella" and the recent "Jungle Book" remake. I think it's the equivalent to all those matte shots in "Mary Poppins" to give the movie a particular feel, removed from reality.

I could hear the autotune, but with or without it, Emma Watson can't sing this score well enough. Both snippets of her singing have made me cringe. This i

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
 Aug 12 2015, 11:02:26 PM

LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE with Jenn Gambatese (who was Mary in the Guthrie production). That was such a lovely score, and Jenn Gambatese gave a devastating performance that her replacement on the tour couldn't touch.

OOP Broadway CDs
 Jul 9 2015, 01:44:38 PM

I've been surprised at how quickly cast recordings go out of print these days.  It's very sad.  I'm shocked that the physical CD of "The Little Mermaid" is out of print, particularly now that the show is getting major productions (even though it's still awful).   

Amazing Grace or Finding Neverland
 Jun 22 2015, 01:46:33 PM

Personally, I'd see almost any show instead of "Finding Neverland."  I think "Amazing Grace" sounds really interesting (I love historical stuff), so that sounds far more appealing to me.

Jobs with Broadway Producers' Offices
 Jun 17 2015, 09:29:44 PM

Does anyone know how to go about finding positions within the offices of Broadway producers?  Would it be stupid for me just to blindly send my resume with a cover letter to some offices?

Gigi or On the Town?
 Jun 12 2015, 12:17:31 PM

Definitely ON THE TOWN.

Kara Lindsay in Wicked
 Jun 2 2015, 05:57:47 PM

She's a fantastic Glinda and different in many ways from other Glindas I've seen.  If you tweet your question to her, she might respond.

By the way, her husband Kevin Massey is fantastically talented as well.  On Broadway he's mostly done understudying, but I saw him twice in "Little House on the Prairie," and he was excellent.  I hope he gets a role of his own soon!

Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
 May 29 2015, 04:36:08 PM

That's hilarious.  I think the cast member tweeted it as a joke, and I took it seriously.  Sorry, everyone!

It is not uncommon for recording artists to travel to other countries to record albums to save money.  This was clearly not the case here.

Times Square Scams
 May 29 2015, 02:34:38 PM

I just walk by quickly, speaking the little bit of German I know.  It usually works.  "Es tut mir lied. Ich spreche nur Deutch."

May 29 2015, 01:47:45 PM

According to one of the actor's tweets, it was at the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow.  It's a sad state of affairs when it is cheaper (and, in the case, possible) to do a cast recording by flying a large cast and writing team halfway across the world than recording it locally.

May 27 2015, 11:46:38 PM

Count me in as super excited.  Thank you to everyone involved!

The Pajama Game - Differences for 2006 Revival from Original
 May 25 2015, 01:23:00 AM

I believe the ballet was cut (it's not on the cast recording).  The ballet is tremendous fun, so it's too bad they cut it.

It's a shame they made any changes. The show as originally written is so charming and just perfect as it is.

May 20 2015, 10:48:28 PM

I heard it will happen, and I have faith that it will.  It has happened that shows which fail even faster have gotten recorded ("Scandalous" and "Leap of Faith" come to mind). In the press release of its closing, the producers commented on wanting the show to live on. Without a cast album, that is not likely to happen, so they are motivated to make it happen.

I loved this show, and I am still holding onto hope!

Daddy Long Legs Opening Off-Broadway This Fall
 May 12 2015, 10:05:00 PM

That's awesome! I doubt I'll be in the city to see it, but sign me up for another Paul Gordon cast recording.

NYC trip help
 May 6 2015, 10:37:42 PM

Schnipper's (on 40th and 8th, I believe . . .  down the block from the Nederlander, whatever street that's on) is a good variation on Shake Shack.  The lines are always too long for me at Shake Shack, and I don't care for the seating options there.  Schnipper's is fantastic. 

As for shows, put "Something Rotten" and "On the Twentieth Century" on your must list.  Personally, I would (and did) add "On the Town" and "The Visit" to your list.  Switch out "

ZHIVAGO is Closing on Sunday
 May 6 2015, 08:51:41 PM

As a big fan of this show, I felt vindicated by Amy Tan's unmitigated rave of the show on her Facebook page after seeing it.  Tan is, to my way of thinking, the best American fiction writer of the last 75 years (and even if others disagree with me, she is still a celebrated American writer whose work will survive generations, if not centuries), and her response (which echoed mine) validated the show's value.  When people say, "All the critics hated it," I can say, "But a literary ge

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO Reviews
 May 2 2015, 11:43:31 PM

I'm so glad you liked it, Pammylicious.  I was so moved, I didn't want to leave the theatre.  I was breathless in a way.  I'm so glad I got to see it before I was swayed by the reviewers.  I wish I could go back just to see it again.

I really liked Barrett--what a great voice!  I would tweak aspects of her performance, but that would just be a personal choice, not a "right" one.  It's a stellar cast, and I wish the Tony nominations had recognized some

Gigi Tony Nominee Victoria Clark Raves About Co-Stars and Predicts the Future
 May 2 2015, 11:19:19 PM

She is such a class act and so generous.  I missed this.  Thank you for sharing.

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO Reviews
 Apr 29 2015, 02:42:31 PM

Hewitt was fantastic in this.  Such an understated, brilliant, natural performance.

What I noticed was that people on ATC said, before the reviews, "Dr. Zhivago was quite good, and it won't last long."  Now that the reviews are out, nobody has any love for it.  I saw it.  I got it.  I loved it! 

I noticed the same thing with "King and I."  Most people on ATC were not crazy about the production until after the reviews.  I enjoyed "K

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO Reviews
 Apr 27 2015, 05:54:37 PM

I say, Go Go Go Go.  I saw DR. ZHIVAGO before the reviews came out, and I loved it.  It is so moving, epic, and the music is beautiful. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You