pixeltracker

Jobs with Broadway Producers' Offices

Jobs with Broadway Producers' Offices

BroadwayMouth
#1Jobs with Broadway Producers' Offices
Posted: 6/17/15 at 9:29pm

Does anyone know how to go about finding positions within the offices of Broadway producers?  Would it be stupid for me just to blindly send my resume with a cover letter to some offices?

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#2Jobs with Broadway Producers' Offices
Posted: 6/17/15 at 10:44pm

It depends if you have an alternative. If not, what do you have to lose? If you are local, internships are a good way to get in, and if not networking is your best friend. If you are not local, it is a long shot, but sometimes long shots pay off so if you don't have another game plan, what's the harm (except a few bucks in postage).

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#2Jobs with Broadway Producers' Offices
Posted: 6/17/15 at 10:45pm

If you don't have connections, that's the only way. Listings usually go up on playbill.com jobs section. 

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#3Jobs with Broadway Producers' Offices
Posted: 6/17/15 at 10:47pm

Just send your resume to Philly Pinto! He knows EVERYONE in the industry.

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#4Jobs with Broadway Producers' Offices
Posted: 6/17/15 at 10:48pm

Most of them are filled through recommendations but definitely check out Playbill.com's job listings. Just know that those are extremely high stress environments, especially for someone new. You need a thick skin and absolutely no free time.

Videos