News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HBP

HBP Profile Photo
Member Name: HBP
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Just a thank you  Apr 13 2024, 01:20:56 AM

I’ll echo in sharing my gratitude to all the BroadwayWorld posters whose early-preview recommendations led me to some of the greatest theatrical experiences in my time in New York City. 

I’m a multi-decade (!) lurker, sometimes poster, and I’m ever grateful for the recommendations, the musings, the humor and the distraction. 🙏

Sarah Snook to play 26 parts in solo THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GREY on the West End  Mar 11 2024, 01:28:05 PM

Anyone living in London interested in purchasing 2 tickets for Saturday, March 23 @ 7:30pm? Stalls Row F center. Can no longer make it to London. Tickets were £99.25 each but happy to accept best offer!

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 11 2024, 07:28:04 PM

FWIW, I think the final Defying Gravity riff sounds amazing. 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 11 2024, 06:53:19 PM

The slight changes to the book/script previewed seem like a step in the right direction. 

I’m so excited for Cynthia’s performance, cautiously optimistic for Ariana’s, and the practical effects in the film look stunning.

This trailer did give me a few Oz the Great and Powerful CGI vibes, but I’m hopeful they were just going for the splashiest scenes for this audience. 

It’s the year of Wicked, folks.&nb

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  Feb 1 2024, 11:39:59 PM

Oh, this was very funny. I’m still thinking about Cole’s performance and, especially, facial expressions. Great writing and performances all around. Conrad was excellent. I might even call this a must-see. 

THE GARDENS OF ANUNCIA: Michael John LaChiusa musical based on the life of Graciela Daniele will play LCT's Newhouse in Fall 2023 w/ Priscilla Lopez, Mary Testa, Andréa Burns, Eden Espinosa  Oct 28 2023, 12:20:28 PM

Between the cast and LaChiusa, was excited for this one but… oh my. I’d rank this among the least interesting shows I’ve seen in the last few years. Great cast and the music shines at times, but the book feels like an adaptation of a 3rd-grade essay. 

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Oct 25 2023, 10:16:35 AM

$699 - 789 for table seating in April...per seat. I'd rather fly to London.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Aug 6 2023, 10:14:07 PM

Edited: I was way off about a Kristin interview on Watch What Haplens Live, please delete :)

Willemijn Verkaik to star as Elsa in Frozen,in Germany  Jul 28 2023, 05:44:23 PM

I sincerely hope Willemijn provides the German and/or Dutch dubs of the Wicked movie, as she did for Frozen. I want an official recording of her Frei und Schwerelos. 

Icke's THE DOCTOR Starring Juliet Stevenson at the Park Avenue Armory  Jul 16 2023, 07:20:46 PM

I saw The Doctor last night. It’s the first show I’ve seen at the Armory since Yerma. I found Yerma astounding. The production design alone was worth whatever I paid back in 2018. 

I thought The Doctor was merely okay. I’m only slightly familiar with Icke’s work, but I found myself, as the themes of race and identity started cropping up throughout Act I, hoping against hope he was not a white man. But alas. 

The show was very well acted, particu

Sarah Snook to play 26 parts in solo THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GREY on the West End  Jun 22 2023, 01:25:11 PM

Woah

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Jun 1 2023, 09:20:14 AM

Some new images were released today, including of Glinda's and Elphaba's Shiz costume. Globafan--I actually thought this might be a Kristin cameo as Glinda's mother as she looks to be about Ariana's height or shorter... but we can only see her back in the photos I've seen so far...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12145197/Ariana-Grande-EXCL-Seen-Glinda-Wicked-Cynthia-Erivo-Michelle-Yeoh-Marissa-Bode.html

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 28 2023, 09:13:42 PM

It looks like all these photos of the set from the NOMTW and Thank Goodness shoots. Couldn’t the production send some security crew o whichever spot that is and stop people from taking pictures?

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 27 2023, 06:19:49 PM

I wish I had the self restraint to stop myself from opening these links. This is waaay too far out to be seeing costumes and hearing clips of Defying Gravity. 

But I've been playing that Defying Gravity on repeat all day. Cynthia sounds great. 

Schele Williams-directed AIDA Revival - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 25 2023, 09:46:30 AM

Oof, that set. I hope they’re bringing in an entirely new design team if they’re still eyeing Broadway. 

SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting  Mar 3 2023, 01:31:05 AM

Saw the show tonight. A few quick thoughts:

Josh Groban, Annaleigh Ashford and Ruthie Ann Miles were all excellent.

Josh’s voice suits Sweeney well and he played it straight and dark and slightly manic at times, maybe to match Annaleigh’s energy, but never over the top.

Annaleigh was charming and very funny. Her Mrs. Lovett is not too distant from her roles in Wicked and Kinky Boots for the first two thirds of the show. I thought she was stun

Theater in LA  Jan 8 2023, 12:49:06 AM

I'll be in LA at the end of the month and am also curious about the theatre scene as I'm not in CA often. Any recommendations welcome! 

Patti LuPone - 54 Below Reviews?  Jan 1 2023, 10:49:54 PM

Might be too late for you but: this was my first time seeing Patti in concert. I thought she was wonderful. Seeing her sing Don't Cry for Me Argentina and Meadowlark live was pretty incredible. She also did three songs from West Side Story (A Boy Like That, Something's Coming, and I believe Somewhere) and a few holiday songs in the middle. I thought Christmas in the trenches was very touching. She choked up at the end and had tears in her eyes during many of the songs.

Th

SeatGeek Customer Service  Dec 7 2022, 12:18:37 PM

Didn’t know that! Thank you!

SeatGeek Customer Service  Dec 7 2022, 12:11:43 PM

Has anyone else had difficulty working with SeatGeek customer service? I am trying to exchange a ticket to a new row so that I can add another seat as there are no open seats near where I originally purchased. It took forever to figure out how to contact SeatGeek. When I did, there were dozens of back-and-forth questions to clarify my request, and then in the end they emailed me to reject it and suggested I resell the ticket on their site rather than exchanging it.

Either way, Seat

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You