News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bestnurse

bestnurse Profile Photo
Member Name: bestnurse
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Bright Lights, Big City - review 6.16
 Jun 19 2006, 06:50:27 PM
Hey, mrkringas, good for you. You see, it's important to expend energy on current events. Like I said, theater is entertainment and the state of the country is not. If everyone on BWW spends as much time debating our country's vulnerabilities as they do on reviewing theatrical productions then we are in good shape. Simply, that's my point. (Hi Megan!)God Bless America!
 Jun 19 2006, 06:44:41 AM
Oasis, you are right, Dreamgirls was the exception to the advertising fiasco of the Prince. That's one show. I'm talking about Bright Lights Big City. No advertising, period. The cast deserves much better. Why put together such a great cast, have them work their butts off for 90 minutes and not bother to advertise? I don't get it.
 Jun 18 2006, 11:30:13 AM
snowie, keep handing out those flyers. I work in center city. I'll look for a flyer. The Prince should be ashamed that they have such an incredibly talented cast and such a great production (with the sound flaw and the lack of revealing exactly what "coma baby" and "Mary O'Brien" have to do with the story for those who don't know going into the show)and not advertising in a widely distributed newspaper. It's not fair to the cast that work so hard to play to what could be a full house if more p
 Jun 18 2006, 10:42:04 AM
Hey,Jazzysuite82, it's just entertainment. Brecht may disagree. That's okay. Life is more complicated than theater reviews.
 Jun 18 2006, 12:27:49 AM
Seriously, enough. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. And, as much as I love theater, it's just entertainment. Get worked up over something more important. Do you spend this much time discussing our fragile sense of security? You should.
 Jun 18 2006, 12:13:27 AM
I saw it Friday night and thought it was great. The audience was not nearly as energetic as Bway audiences but I think they didn't know when to clap. The sound needs alot of work but the performers gave their all especially Jeremy. The songs are difficult to sing and he was almost flawless. I might see it again. It apparently is closing early because of poor ticket sales. That's too bad but the Prince has terrible marketing and advertising. There isn't even a mention of it in the Philadelp
re: B'way hotels
 Jun 18 2006, 12:06:47 AM
You have too much time on your hands. Do you get this enraged about things that really matter in life?
re: Passion Score - What Do You Think?
 May 21 2006, 11:00:58 AM
You can actually buy the DVD of the performance. It's amazing. I think I got it form Amazon or Overstock.com, I forget but I got it about two months ago. You'll love it. Donna Murphy's performance is really moving.
re: Wedding Singer changes (some spoliers)
 Apr 16 2006, 11:29:46 PM
Saw the Matinee yesterday and was totally entertained. It was really funny and Stephen Lynch was a natural. The entire cast came out and mingled with the crowd for a long time. The had their picture taken with all who asked and signed autographs. We actually had quite a conversation with Stephen and Laura. It was lots of fun.
re: DRS tonight (4/15) - BIG oops!
 Apr 16 2006, 11:24:27 PM
Jason: I have seen Rent maybe 10 times and will probably see it several more times. I see most musicals at least twice. What's the problem with people returning to shows if it makes them happy? Isn't that what Broadway is all about,entertainment? As far as oops moments making the cast giggle, you need to relax. Life is far from perfect and a cast giggling is something incidental. Remember audiences understand things might go wrong during a live performance. If you are so structured and stiff
re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
 Apr 8 2006, 10:27:55 AM
Seriously? Julia Roberts? That is just way to big of a stretch to even consider.
re: Favorite Musical - (1 rule. It can't be WICKED)
 Apr 5 2006, 12:00:53 AM
I loved Nine but Evita is my favorite. Hope they bring it back soon.
Adam Pascal on TV right now
 Apr 4 2006, 11:50:53 PM
Adam Pascal is on Nitebeat in Philadelphia CN8. He sang Glory and now is singing something from his new album. He sounds great and looks even better.
re: I love You Because
 Mar 12 2006, 05:00:54 PM
I wrote to Sh-K Boom and asked them to seriously consider recording I Love You Because. Maybe if everyone emails Sh-K Boom they will record it. I hope so cause I love the music and Colin Hanlon especially. The entire cast (small as it is) is outstanding.
re: I love you're perfect....now change
 Mar 11 2006, 10:55:45 PM
I love you because would be my first choice but both are worth seeing.
Another Last 5 Years Question
 Feb 19 2006, 10:16:33 PM
Hey theaterkook, why the sarcasm? Does it make you feel like some genius of theater to put people down. Why don't you use your energy on something really important. Seriously, soundtrack or whatever, don't be pathetic.
re: the last 5 years,
 Feb 18 2006, 11:44:12 PM
I saw it last year at the George Street theater with Colin Hanlon who is presently in I Love you Because off-broadway which is adorable and should not be missed. The Last Five Years is amazing and original and the music is addictive. I would love to see it again so if anyone knows where it is playing let me know.
re: WIW worth buying?
 Feb 18 2006, 11:39:52 PM
Just buy it. IT is amazing and it is really sad that the show didn't make it. I listen to it all the time and I saw the show which I loved even though I didn't see Maria in it. Like every other show it was not for everyone but the music is beautiful.
re: Tony Award Wins 2006
 Jan 29 2006, 11:37:32 PM
Sure. Don't be so naive.
re: What to see-June 6,7, & 8
 Jan 29 2006, 11:32:23 PM
DRS, Woman in White, and definitely, I Love you Because. Also Altar Boyz was amusing.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You