News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sunsetflyer

Member Name: sunsetflyer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Chess From Royal Albert Hall - Review
 Jun 20 2009, 07:51:58 PM
I just finished reading all the comments on this link about this show. I have never seen this show so wanted to see what it was about. At least PBS broadcasts musicals. I give them that credit. This show has some good moments in it but I would not put it on my least of favorites compared to something like Lez Miz, i.e. The book is part of the problem. You could tell they were having technical problems with the voices, etc but it was okay on my tv. I would rate this musical okay but not
re: Guys and Dolls Sequence on the Tonys
 Jun 8 2009, 03:02:27 PM
I too thought to myself what would Frank Loesser think. We all know how he wanted his musical numbers song and performed a certain way.
re: Decca Cast Original Cast Album of Mama Mia
 Aug 27 2008, 10:07:49 PM
Thanks guys for all your replies and information. I saw the Tony Award presentation of Mama Mia when it was shown and loved it.
re: Decca Cast Original Cast Album of Mama Mia
 Aug 27 2008, 05:46:09 PM
That is what I thought too. That is why I was asking the question about this. It says Decca Broadway Original Cast Album on the cover but I had heard differen Thanks for the reply
Decca Cast Original Cast Album of Mama Mia
 Aug 27 2008, 05:28:36 PM
I just listened to the Decca Original Cast album of Mama Mia which it says on the cover is the Broadway version. There is no comparison to the movie soundtrack or what was sung in the movie. I do believe this cast album is better. I haven't seen the stage production but wish I had. Oh well. The movie is a fun show. It has done fairly well at the box office. Now there is suppose to be a sing along version of the movie released at some theatres this weekend.
re: The American Mall
 Aug 12 2008, 12:16:40 AM
I finally sat through this show which could be if you really need patience to see. It seems, and I may be mistakened, Mtv cut the ending of some of the songs to go directly to a commercial. Some of these commercials were similar to the songs in the movie, which, I suppose, was done on purpose. This was such an almost laughable clone of Camp Rock and High School Musical and who knows what else. I am sure the Camp Rock crowd may love it and buy the dvd and soundtrack, but I think I will recl
re: The American Mall
 Aug 11 2008, 11:01:40 PM
the best part of this movie was when Neil was duct taped to the wall.
I somewhat agree with the above statement. I just logged on to see what people on here were saying about this show. It has been hyped to the extreme. Singing even in commercials. Oh well, Sears I think is paying for most of this show. Oh well it is to cash in on the High School Musical crowd.

re: My thoughts on MAMMA MIA!
 Aug 4 2008, 09:46:30 PM
I just saw the movie today. I have not seen the stage production, although I wanted to but never got the chance. It is what it is. It is an entertaining, feel good, fun show for the actors as well as the audience. I can see the stage show being that as well. I thought the insertion of Amanda Seyfried singing the song "Thank you for the Music" in the ending titles was a great idea. It showed that she does have a good voice. I like the idea of just singing with the piano like the track that
re: My thoughts on MAMMA MIA!
 Aug 4 2008, 09:46:25 PM
I just saw the movie today. I have not seen the stage production, although I wanted to but never got the chance. It is what it is. It is an entertaining, feel good, fun show for the actors as well as the audience. I can see the stage show being that as well. I thought the insertion of Amanda Seyfried singing the song "Thank you for the Music" in the ending titles was a great idea. It showed that she does have a good voice. I like the idea of just singing with the piano like the track that
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You