News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Theaterlover2

Theaterlover2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Theaterlover2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Light in the Piazza VHS
 Jun 17 2006, 07:31:40 PM
same for me. it just didnt play where I live.
re: Reviews - Hairspray, Wicked, Tarzan, The Color Purple, The Wedding Sing
 Apr 23 2006, 01:42:22 AM
i second the tony award wish for Michael Cerveris. And I agree..Mano is amazing.
glad you liked the shows!

re: Sweeney on A&E Sunday
 Apr 23 2006, 01:06:00 AM
I set my tv to record it...but we had a poweroutage and everything got messed up. so it didn't tape. i almost cried when i woke up the next morning and realized it hadn't worked.
Can anyone upload video of it so that I could watch it, or give me a link on where I could find it?
I would appreciate it so much. I'm dying to see it.
well thank you to anyone who replies
-tl2

re: Is John Lloyd Young the Tony Frontrunner?
 Apr 14 2006, 06:27:57 PM
What made John Lloyd Young's performance so incredible? I haven't seen him, so I'm curious.
I did see, though, Michael Cerveris in Sweeney and he was incredible. mindblowing. Dark, heartbreaking, hilarious..he was astounding. Honestly, having seen the video of the original Sweeney Todd, I would even say I prefer Michael's interpretation. (don't kill me)

re: Intro to Sondheim
 Apr 14 2006, 06:09:57 PM
The Into the Woods OBCR hooked me. And then I went on to listen to Assassins and Sweeney and from there devoured everything Sondheim. I'd have to say those first three remain my favorites though.
What would you all say is your favorite Sondheim show? Is it possible to choose?

re: Very early Tony predictions
 Apr 14 2006, 05:50:39 PM
I think Michael Cerveris should win, I thought he was phenomenal. He created such a layered, fascinating Sweeney.
..does anyone here think he has a chance?...so far it seems most are thinking it'll be John Loyd Young.

re: Favorite History Play?
 Apr 8 2006, 05:14:52 PM
Assassins
re: Disco Sweeney Todd
 Apr 8 2006, 05:11:41 PM
that put a huge smile on my face. soo funny.
Review (sort of) of Piazza and Sweeney Todd 3/16-17
 Mar 23 2006, 06:03:28 PM
On the 16th and 17th I was in NYC and I saw The light in the Piazza and Sweeney Todd. So I thought Id share a little about my experiences. Here goes.

The Light in the Piazza: I had seen the original cast earlier in the year and was blown away. It was one of the best cast performances I'd ever seen. Kelli has one of my favorite voices ever and so I was a bit worried about seeing someone new in the role. The same for matthew. But I desperately wanted to see Piazza before it closed, so i

Review (sort of) of Piazza and Sweeney Todd 3/16-17
 Mar 23 2006, 06:03:22 PM
oh man. i did a double thread post. how do i get rid of it?
sorry.

re: Manoel Felciano at Joe's Pub
 Mar 22 2006, 02:28:51 PM
ARGH i wish i could go! I just saw him the other day in Sweeney, and he was fantastic. of course.

breakfast with the arts
 Dec 12 2005, 03:40:44 PM
THANKS SO MUCH for the A&E video!
also..The video of Adam on the Tony Danza show isn't working for me..if anyone knows where a working link is could they pm it to me or post it?..it would be very very much appreciated.
thanks a bunch
tl2

re: Thank You Jonathan Larson
 Nov 26 2005, 10:10:56 PM
Thank you, Jonathan Larson.
Rent Attendance Anecdotes
 Nov 26 2005, 06:58:06 PM
I went to the first showing in a city in West Virgina on Wed.
I didn't expect many people to be there, as it was the first showing, a work day, and WV is somewhat conservative these days. There were probably only about 20 people in the theater, including my group of 7. Though there weren't many people, EVERYONE loved it. All i saw as we exited were tear-stained smiling faces. Everyone laughed at the right parts, and a whole lot of sniffling was heard as well. I brought one friend who went

re: Rent attendance anecdotes
 Nov 23 2005, 01:06:56 AM
I can report tomorrow. I'll be seeing the first showing possible with all my renthead friends..and people im dragging along.
ps. Emcee! I love that icon.

Review-11/21 Screening, Philadelphia
 Nov 23 2005, 12:37:29 AM
OH thats great!
Please help!
 Nov 22 2005, 05:35:16 PM
so..i have the WB on channel six. is that the same thing as WB11? or no. cuz if it is..ill be sure to tape adam tomorrow.
Thumbs
 Nov 20 2005, 08:46:12 PM
I agree Anthony, it is interesting how bias is having its play with the reviews. Most reviewers so far at least, even if they don't like the movie, are giving credit where it is due. To the incredible material and to your all's talent.
ps. It's great to hear from you again.

re: RENT on ELLEN DeGeneres
 Nov 19 2005, 05:45:25 PM
What time?
Please help!
 Nov 19 2005, 05:40:13 PM
Ok..so I'm late saying this. But I just downloaded the today show clip. AND OMG. I'm dying laughing. Adam was hilarious and so utterly adorable. yay for him speaking.
welp, thats all,
tl2

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You