News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Buscee

Member Name: Buscee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG Actors Fund
 Feb 12 2019, 01:30:47 PM

The night was spectacular! The love in that audience filled the room and was returned in spades by the actors onstage! Robert Klein was magnificent! Lucie Arnaz was even better than when she originally played the part. She looked like she was 30! It was always my favorite, and as many people say its dated ,etc. The audience ate it up. It's a charming piece with a great score and played wonderful artists. This is the high point of the season!

Bronx Tale Final Curtain Call
 Aug 6 2018, 12:48:25 PM

I thought it was a great show yesterday, and I will add that Sergio wasn't the only one in the audience. I saw Jerry Zaks, Glenn Slater, Alan Menkin and Bobby Conte Thorton as well.

Sorry it didn't run longer. It really was a good show. I'm sure it will do very well on the road.

When was Carol Channing's last Dolly?
 Jul 2 2018, 10:32:48 AM

Her last performance was in February 1997 in Texas.That was the last stop of her tour.

Robert De Niro.
 Jun 11 2018, 02:38:15 PM

As much as I respect Mr. DeNiro I will say that when you are hired to be a presenter at an award ceremony you should do just that. It's not that I agree or disagree with his statement. (Although I am sure a great actor could have thought of a classier way of getting his point across) ,but I feel that what it does do is adds time to the program. He made the statement, Cheers, etc.... Time is sucked up and most likely taken away from the winners moments. Besides it was like preaching to the

Betty Buckley in Song and Dance
 Mar 28 2018, 04:57:29 PM

That's very nice of you J Bradshaw. I would love it.

Betty Buckley in Song and Dance
 Mar 28 2018, 01:25:45 PM

I was lucky enough to see both actresses play the part. I really liked Betty, but she came across older where Bernadette seem still young and naive enough that made it more believable. Betty has an amazing belt and it was very strong. Maybe too strong? I actually at one point had a recording of her in the show. Wish I still had it.

Feud: Patti and Hal
 Jan 3 2018, 01:19:44 PM

Of course there are three sides to every story   "His" "Hers" and the "Truth". I am sure she had problems which she discussed in her book with EVITA, but if you read her book carefully you will notice that anyone that has ever criticized her or did something she did not like she has a problem with. EVERYONE!  She still goes on about ALW and its over 20 years. In SUNSET she got bad reviews they chose to replace her, she sued. She won over breach of

PHANTOM Current Tour vs Original
 Dec 29 2017, 08:52:14 AM

I have seen both productions. I enjoyed the tour. I liked the set with revolving tower, but I have to say that it pales in comparison to the Original. I have seen the original staging over 5 times, and some of the images (The boat ride) still fill me with awe.  There was nothing about the tour that did that for me. There is a reason why its running 30 years. It was a well thought out and constructed piece.

How Do Movable Stages Work?
 Dec 28 2017, 04:34:45 PM

There are numerous ways stages move. Most shows have a deck that is built over the existing stage that contain numerous tracks and pulley systems which allows sets to track on and off the stage. If you are talking about Stages rising this is done with platforms/decks built on hydrolic lifts, much like elevators. Sometimes a stage can be built and lowered in the orchestra pit.  Someday you should take a backstage tour of Radio City Music Hall. They have a massive set up.

Victor / Victoria; Julie, Liza and Raquel
 Nov 2 2017, 03:41:07 PM

WOMAN OF THE YEAR with Raquel was usually a sell out and with the help of TKTS. She broke records. Even with the Tony wins Lauren Bacall was rarely a selling out the theater. It was a very expensive show to run. Debbie was wonderful, but the show was also not the best.  BETTER THAN Victor/Victoria.

VICTOR/VICTORIA was only good because people wanted to see Julie Andrews play her famous movie role. It was her vehicle. Didn't work without her.  It was hard to watch even wit

Victor / Victoria; Julie, Liza and Raquel
 Nov 2 2017, 09:20:06 AM

I was actually in attendance the evening they shot the DVD version. This was not a good show. It was very big, but not good. Could not compare with the original film which was brilliant. The only thing that made it viable was Julie Andrew reprising her film role. Rachel York was brilliant in this. But the show lackluster. Liza did have problems, but hell its Liza. She was helping out a friend because everyone knew this show could not continue with a HUGE name. I wish I had seen Liza. I did se

A BRONX TALE Cast Recording?
 Jan 5 2017, 08:20:20 AM

The cast recording is schedule to go into the studio next week. I believe the 9th and 10th.

Singing in the Rain Revival?
 Dec 19 2016, 04:46:11 PM

As much as I would love to see Derek Hough on Broadway I am really not a fan of the stage version of Singin' In The Rain.  Great movie, bad stage show. I saw the original Broadway production and it was dull.

I believe that the version that was on Broadway has been revised, and it is different from the one that is currently licensed. Better than before, but still not good.

Derek needs a better show for his immense talents.

Sunset Boulevard cast
 Nov 14 2016, 03:00:34 PM

No the USA is not a race, but the Broadway actors are all a part of Actor's Equity which is supposed to protect their members jobs. There was a time when only 2 actors from England could perform on Broadway as long as 2 American Actors were performing in England. That seems not to be the case. If  you look at next season Miss Saigon is bringing in 4 British Actors, Sunset another 4, and it goes on and on. Usually permission is only granted if the performer is considered an "Inte

re: Bernadette Peters as 'Dolly' in HELLO, DOLLY
 Sep 22 2016, 12:35:27 PM

I checked the website they are no shows scheduled for that period. They may be doing what they did for Hugh Jackman in Boy From Oz.  Just close for the weeks that she is vacationing.

Better Replacements
 Jun 21 2016, 11:57:12 AM

I have to agree all performances are matters of peoples tastes and opinions. Its funny because recently I was talking to someone about Julia. Having seen both Jennifer Holiday and Julia McGirt . I found her performance to be bland, dull and beyond elementary school. I thought she was terrible, and the person that I took to see it felt that she was robbed at not seeing Jennifer Holiday. I was not surprised to see that she has never been on Broadway again.  I never have a bad word to

Tony show sets?
 Jun 14 2016, 11:37:36 AM

You are very welcome. A lot of work and money gets poured into that telecast. It amazes me every year.

Tony show sets?
 Jun 14 2016, 08:29:39 AM

The house was just what you saw a flat frame on a rolling platform. Since I have not seen the actual show I can't say how big that was.

What I can say since I was actually there at show. All the set pieces were made for the Tony's. If I am correct to say Color Purple only had chairs. Everything else was Gobos, and the LED Screen. Waitress had a few Carts with pies, Perfume, and rolling stairs for She Loves Me. HAmilton had those wooden platforms. They stand at the Beacon all da

History of closing notices
 May 12 2016, 08:37:09 AM

It has happened quite a few times. I remember going to see what was supposed to be the final performance of The Will Rogers Follies, and at the curtain calls LArry Gatlin and Mickey Rooney spoke. All of a sudden Marla Maples (who was pregnant at the time, and a former cast member) came running down to the stage saying EXTRA EXTRA. She said that the show was going to run I think 6 more weeks.

Bette Midler will be raking in the $$
 Jan 25 2016, 12:55:54 PM

It's as it should be. It sounds like she will be making 10% of the gross. A lot of stars command that attention. If the show pulls in 1.5 million a week that's about right. It's well deserved. No one will see the show without her.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You