News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for themadmarchhare

Member Name: themadmarchhare
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Beauty and the Beast Revival Coming To Broadway
 Nov 22 2023, 05:49:01 AM

I’m interested to see if they use anything from the UK Tour / Australian transfer.

When the UK tour was first announced everyone assumed it was testing the water for a Broadway revival. But then it hit several problems:

1. The director got fired because of comments made about the Scott Rudin and Karen Olivo situation, and the choreographer had to take over directing duties shortly before rehearsals started (I think?)

2. Idk how much of the d

Roles that steal entire Broadway shows
 Nov 12 2021, 11:10:08 AM

Any role Gavin Lee plays

How do small/unknown composers get big Broadway names for their studio albums?
 Oct 31 2021, 11:10:44 AM
The pandemic has also meant more smaller-scale projects have gotten the chance to work with bigger names.
If you’re looking for another smaller project to listen to I HIGHLY recommend Falling In Love With Mr Dellamort. It was a stage musical but when the pandemic happened they adapted it as a radio show, and it’s got James Monroe Iglehart, Lena Hall, Telly Leung, Jackie Hoffman, Gavin Lee and Courtney Reed.

https://broadwaypodcastnetwork.com/podcast/falling-in-love-with-mr-dellamort/

Nah
 Oct 3 2021, 02:36:55 PM

What does ‘hand slap’ even mean? You’re like a bunch of catty old women

Nah
 Oct 2 2021, 05:03:01 PM
Some people on here are really unnecessarily catty. OP is just venting their frustration and asking advice, calling them the ‘epitome of entitlement’ is just nasty
Karen Olivo not returning to MOULIN ROUGE!
 Sep 28 2021, 04:40:00 PM
I think this kind of sums up what rubbed me up the wrong way about the whole Olivo situation.

When they left MR they framed it that they were choosing their morals over their ‘pocket book’, kind of implying that performers who stuck with their shows (or couldn’t afford to leave) were choosing profit over positive change. And that isn’t fair to the many who either can’t afford to do that, or want to make positive change without having to give up on their career or dreams. (And note, many

Michael Riedel's unhinged post-Tonys column
 Sep 27 2021, 03:31:12 PM
Not to offer any takes on the article but this sentence is really bizarre and kind of funny: “The Greeks started it, and most of them were bisexual”
Favourite Act 2 Opening Numbers
 Sep 25 2021, 04:38:18 PM
Obviously it’s down to personal taste but I rarely find Act 2 openers boring. I know most of them are pure filler (like Hygge from Frozen) but they’re also unapologetically fun

Another few favourites:
- Masquerade (Phantom)
- Oom Pah Pah (Oliver!)

Favourite Act 2 Opening Numbers
 Sep 24 2021, 05:23:53 PM
I know a lot of shows have a fluffy song to open Act 2 as a way of warming up the audience and allowing people to get back to their seats.
And a lot of those songs are considered boring / pointless or songs to skip on the cast album

But what are your favourite Act 2 openers? Either legitimately good songs or guilty pleasures

Personally I love Strike That, Reverse It from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (mainly for its manic Marx Brothers energy). Also Poor Pirates from Sp

Mrs. Doubtfire is gonna get protested
 Sep 22 2021, 03:42:22 AM
Having only seen the film, I personally don’t see the premise as inherently transphobic because of how his actions are framed. There’s never the ‘Lol man in a dress’ angle it’s more of a disguise farce of him trying to keep in contact with his kids. Mrs Doubtfire is almost a separate person to the dad in the end.

The only overtly transphobic element in the movie is when the kids walk in on him in the bathroom and freak out, assume he’s a predator and try and call the police going “she’s

Unpopular theatre opinions
 Sep 21 2021, 11:18:04 AM
As the thread title says, this is an opinion not something to ‘PROVE’
Unpopular theatre opinions
 Sep 21 2021, 03:56:54 AM
I don’t find The Play That Goes Wrong funny. The slapstick is super obvious and overplayed so you know exactly what’s going to happen, then they over-egg their reactions to let you know that ‘look something’s gone wrong!’
It would be better if they played it more straight and let the mistakes happen more organically so they felt believable and trusted the audience to laugh by themselves.
I want to love it because I’m a fan of old fashioned vaudeville slapstick, but they just don’t do it

Bamigboye: BEAUTY & THE BEAST UK tour taps Lansbury, Lee, and leads
 Sep 17 2021, 03:38:53 PM
I’ve seen the show live and the costumes and set are a lot better in person than they look in photographs. I was a bit ‘meh’ about the photos but when you’re watching the show they look great.
I’ve never seen the Broadway or West End version but this is a pretty good show (Gavin Lee does steal the show, Be Our Guest is phenomenal and the tap dancing section is an amazing addition).

The cast are stellar (Courtney’s Belle is now my definitive) although it feels like the show could hav

"A New Deal For Broadway" abolishes all-white creative teams; includes commitments from Shubert, Nederlander, Jujamcyn to each rename theatres after a Black Artist
 Aug 23 2021, 02:51:58 PM
Would love to see one of the theatres named after Josephine Baker
Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
 Aug 21 2021, 05:30:33 PM
I’m loving the cast, although I was kind of surprised that Christian Borle isn’t playing one of the princes (considering his previous roles as - to quote him - ‘arrogant narcissists’)
But him as the Baker will be interesting to see!

Rxievised BEETLEJUICE to re-open the Palace?
 May 4 2021, 07:51:10 AM

Regardless of what reopens the show, I will forever be angry that the Palace got remodelled at all. The fact that a theatre with that amount of vaudeville history and reputation is being ripped out, moved to a new floor and remodelled to make way for a retail space. The Marx Brothers, Ed Wynn, Judy Garland, Buster Keaton and so many others performed there, it's just wrecking an important part of theatre history.

It's definitely going to be one of those things that in 30 years time ever

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You