News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Martijn-j

Member Name: Martijn-j
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Next Rose?
 Dec 23 2021, 03:52:48 AM

I think Sharon D. Clarke would make an excellent Rose. Jennifer Lewis also comes to mind. 

Sondheim updates
 Dec 9 2021, 03:08:48 AM

I wonder what will happen to his personal archive. Considering his age I'm sure he made arrangements about publishing works and at what time. 

Company Previews Thread
 Dec 5 2021, 03:09:34 PM

This is probably too soon to ask, but what are the chances of this production being filmed for future cinema or streaming release? 

Merrily We Roll Along revival aiming for Broadway in 2022
 Dec 5 2021, 02:26:14 PM

The 2019 BBC radio documentary Into the Stephen Sondheim Archive was broadcasted again today with a new introduction by Maria Friedman. She said that up until recently she was working with Sondheim on a  Merrily We Roll Along revival, aiming for Broadway in 2022. I assume this will be based on her 2012 West End production.

You can listen to the documentary here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3ct30fn

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
 Aug 30 2021, 04:02:13 PM

I think Ana is too young to play Roxie. I've seen the show before with a Roxie who was too young and it just didn't work for me. 

Shows that work better as a recording
 Aug 28 2021, 05:47:13 AM

Two shows I thought of since starting this thread:

Joseph - Such a fun show to listen to, but since most of the songs already describe what's happening you don't really have to see it.

Hair - I love listening to Hair, but when it comes to seeing Hair I always have a feeling that the people on stage are having so much more fun than I have. 

New documentary podcast on REBECCA: THE MUSICAL scandal
 Aug 26 2021, 10:59:57 AM

That sounds very interesting. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Rebecca has such an amazing score. I hope to see it live one day. 

Shows that work better as a recording
 Aug 26 2021, 04:01:21 AM

Or in others words: shows with a beautiful score that you listened to over and over, but once you got to see it, it didn't really add anything. 

I experienced this for the first time with Titanic. What an amazing score. I absolutely love it. But then I got to see the show and it didn't move me at all. 

Another example is The Lion King. Such great music. And although I think The Lion King is worth seeing at least once because of the beautiful set and cos

What plays could work well as a musical?
 Aug 25 2021, 11:54:17 AM

Plannietink08 said: "Martijn-j said: "With the right composer Macbeth could be great."

It was recently done as SCOTLAND, PA.
"

Thank you. I'll look into that. 

What plays could work well as a musical?
 Aug 23 2021, 04:28:03 PM

With the right composer Macbeth could be great. 

"A New Deal For Broadway"
 Aug 23 2021, 03:32:11 PM

Juanita Hall and Harry Belafonte would be great. 

ALW's Cinderella
 Aug 23 2021, 02:25:54 AM

jo said: "Any updated rumor on whether or when this show might transfer to Broadway?"

I think it's far too early (pun intended) to speculate about a Broadway transfer so soon. Let's see how the show does financially. 

Hannah Waddingham
 Aug 21 2021, 04:05:35 AM

When theatre people do well in other mediums I always fear that we will never see them again in a theatre. It  has happened so many times. Or only limited runs. 

What’s The Best Production/Cast Recording of Follies?
 Aug 20 2021, 03:12:49 PM

Isn't that just the video edit? On the recording she sings the whole song. 

ALW's Cinderella
 Aug 19 2021, 04:07:56 AM

Hopefully a cast album will be released now. I'm so curious with everything that's changed after recording the concept album. 

tina question
 Aug 18 2021, 10:18:15 AM

From the official website:

"Adrienne Warren is scheduled to perform as Tina Turner Tuesday through Saturday evenings.

Due to the nature of live theatre, we are unable to guarantee the presence of any particular cast member at a specific show."

Where in the World?
 Aug 16 2021, 03:08:49 AM

I'm Dutch, so I've seen most shows here in the Netherlands, specifically in Amsterdam. I've also seen lots of shows in London, three shows in Antwerp, one in Dublin and a very weird ABBA tribute show in Berlin. 

Hannah Waddingham
 Aug 15 2021, 01:47:51 AM
And before there was Our Kind of Love the melody had already been used as The Heart Is Slow to Learn, performed by Kiri Te Kenawa.
Hannah Waddingham
 Aug 14 2021, 03:13:39 AM
She’s great. I’ve seen her in the West End productions of Spamalot and A Little Night Music. She also did Spamalot on Broadway.
West Side Story???
 Aug 9 2021, 01:49:55 PM

Such a shame. Hopefully this is not the end for this production and Ivo van Hove will be able to bring it to Europe. I live in Amsterdam, where he has his theatre company, so there is always hope. Lazarus played here as well (even though it was also cut short because of covid). 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You