News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatrekid3302

Member Name: theatrekid3302
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Titanic Musical Based on Movie 1997
 Apr 1 2024, 01:21:33 AM

NOWaWarning said: "I’m curious why the OP thinks a musical based on the film Titanic would be immune to the issues they pointed out in other new Broadway offerings (weakscores, cheap production values, etc.). Great source material is not what Broadway is missing right now.If it were that easy/affordable/marketable/trendy to just whip up a great score anddazzling visuals, don’t you think every show would have those?"

James Cameron would not move forward wi

Titanic Musical Based on the 1997 Movie
 Mar 31 2024, 10:07:14 PM

tacotheatrelover said: "and another thing, we already haveTitanìque.Which I would say is what the world needs at this moment.

"

Titanique is not a real musical it is a PARODY. It serves a completely different purpose than a Broadway Musical adaptation of Titanic would. It is meant to be funny and make fun of the movie and the outside world. That's like saying an SNL Skit of The Catcher in the Rye is the same thing as a movie adapta

Mar 31 2024, 08:51:50 PM

dramamama611 said: "I'm sorry - exactly to whom is this petition going? To the Broadway boss? Any available composer?

And no, we do not "need" this. The original Titanic musical was stellar. And I'm crazy grateful that it was NOT a version of the film.
"

I listed Cameron Mackintosh and James Cameron as Decision Makers on the petition. The existing Titanic musical is not profitable to the larger American Audience due to the fact that no one

Mar 31 2024, 08:50:06 PM

Jonathan Cohen said: "James Cameron wouldn't let this happen unless he was hands on involved and he has his hands full with theAvatar movies. Plus I'm not aware of him having any interest in musicals.

AdditionallycomposerJames Horner died in a plane crash nearly 10 years ago.

At the very least turning the film into a musical isa commercially viable idea,Titaníque proved that, but I don't really see a path forward on it.

"<

Mar 31 2024, 03:28:19 PM
https://www.change.org/titanicbroadway
 Mar 31 2024, 03:25:27 PM

Please sign this petition. We desperately need another truly great musical love story on Broadway. The new musicals that have been produced on Broadway have been less than stellar when compared to shows like Les Mis and Phantom. Titanic is the path to get back to that style of theatre. Just imagine the gorgeous score of Titanic performed live by a 20-piece orchestra or seeing the sinking of the Titanic live on stage. Imagine the lyrics and additional music that will be produced to match the storyline and existing score.

I know we already have a Titanic musical but that is not based on the movie and Titanique is a parody musical. We need the real thing let's make it happen. 

https://chng.it/2b9P8Fmc2s

Paper Mill Playhouse 2024-2025 Season
 Mar 24 2024, 05:42:58 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4vbQD0uFj2/?hl=en

Some possible options I got from the clues are Hairspray, Mystic Pizza, Beauty and the Beast (National Tour Stop), Newsies, A Christmas Carol, and Peter Pan.

Legally Blonde Non-Equity Tour
 Sep 2 2022, 04:00:44 PM

So, this production was in Asia and briefly in the US from 2017-2018 the set design was HORRIBLE embarrassingly so. Incredibly cheap looking and taky. They also shortened So Much Better. I hope they will make significant changes to this production before re-launching this production. 

https://playbill.com/article/new-tour-of-legally-blonde-musical-will-launch-this-fall

INTO THE WOODS Reviews
 Jul 24 2022, 07:33:10 PM

pippy1 said: "Just left the theater. The entire show was perfection. Cheyenne was fabulous!"

Who was better Cheyenne or Gavin? Debating between who to see.

INTO THE WOODS Reviews
 Jul 23 2022, 02:39:30 PM

Hairspray0901 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Gavin is out for a few weeks."

Gavin was back last night and is also back for the matinee. I believe his official absence starts tomorrow or after tomorrows show.
"

Is Sara there?

FUNNY GIRL Seating and Lottery Thread
 Jul 13 2022, 11:33:36 PM

chrishuyen said: "Lottery win last Sunday was mezz D 8 and 10, perfect view!

How much is the box office rush?
"

Will they still do the rush when Lea Michele joins the cast? Would it be better to just buy a ticket to secure your spot in case it sells out or wait and do the rush. 

Mary Poppins Broadway Transfer?
 Jul 3 2022, 02:00:35 AM

https://playbill.com/article/mary-poppins-will-take-final-flight-at-londons-prince-edward-theatre-in-2023

Hope this means that it will transfer to the US. Hopefully with Zizi Strallen and Charlie Stemp.

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
 Jun 25 2022, 11:02:44 PM

She posted it on her TikTok Account @jennydinoia

Jun 25 2022, 02:31:18 AM

Jenny DiNoia is leaving Wicked in 3 weeks. Does Anyone know who is replacing her?

Funny Girl Lottery Wins?
 Apr 24 2022, 12:24:02 AM

I read online they have a cancellation line too. I wonder how much the tickets would be?

Oct 18 2021, 03:11:15 PM

Does Anyone think Jackie Burns would ever return to Wicked?

Oct 16 2021, 11:17:06 PM

hamiltonstradition said: "Alyssa Fox is on tonight (10/16), 8pm."

I heard she killed it tonight. Hopefully she will get to be the principal Elphaba after Lindsay Pearce.

Oct 14 2021, 12:40:38 PM

QueenTwinnied said: "I saw Alyssa Fox twice as Elphaba and I wish she got a chance to be principal Elphaba on Broadway. Truly incredible performance."

Hopefully she gets to perform before Lindsay comes back. She is truly a great Elphaba and doesn't get enough praise. 

Oct 13 2021, 09:26:31 PM
Donna Vivino has been posting about leaving Maine for an upcoming project in NYC could it possibly be Wicked.
 Oct 13 2021, 01:32:00 AM

Does anyone know if Lindsay Pearce is coming back after her leave? Who will replace her if she doesn't come back?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You