News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Songofpurplesummer2

Member Name: Songofpurplesummer2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Are people who are trying to exchange their tickets to Funny Girl instead of a refund on performances Lea Michele canceled last minute being uncharged a ridiculous amount for the same exact seats too?
 Apr 7 2023, 10:50:03 PM

veronicamae: Yes, but when it's the airlines fault they get you on a different flight at no additional charge. I'm asking for the same seat that is available on the same weekday I had originally purchased the ticket. 

If there was an issue on MY end and the Venue honored an exchange or if I wanted to upgrade my seat of course, I would be grateful and just pay the difference. But after booking a flight, paying for hotel and spending time traveling being uncharged for t

Are people who are trying to exchange their tickets to Funny Girl instead of a refund on performances Lea Michele canceled last minute being uncharged a ridiculous amount for the same exact seats too?
 Apr 7 2023, 06:51:51 PM

Hello really disappointed by Jujamcyn and SeatGeek,

I was supposed to attend a Tues March 14th performance after flying out from Los Angeles. I know these things happen etc. 

But I bought my ticket in November and paid $167 in the front row and now the same seat in a Tuesday performance is almost double and seat geek is only offering a refund of the original price in a seat geek voucher and I would have to pay the difference which is insane because I paid by credit card and

Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
 Mar 16 2023, 09:18:57 AM

Sutton Ross said: "Songofpurplesummer2 said: "I was there tonight. I feel like we need a support group. This was some of the most hateful white-phobic pieces of work i’ve seen. I’m not white but it was 3 hours of beating a dead horse. There is no way anyone else would get away with it if they were making these type of comments about African Americans or African American stereotypes.

Sure, Jan.Only a white person would write something like th

Broadway Cares Flea Market
 Mar 15 2023, 11:25:10 PM

Most likely September 24th but if you want to be safe do a Sunday to Monday trip starting the 17th but almost certain it will land on Sunday 11/24. 

Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
 Mar 15 2023, 11:04:13 PM

I was there tonight. I feel like we need a support group. This was some of the most hateful white-phobic pieces of work i’ve seen. I’m not white but it was 3 hours of beating a dead horse. There is no way anyone else would get away with it if they were making these type of comments about African Americans or African American stereotypes. The white man in front of me left at intermission. It felt as people were uncomfortable.

With that aside Act 1 was good. They should have

Spring BC/EFA Collection Thread
 Mar 14 2023, 11:04:11 PM

Hello does anyone know if Phantom is participating in the BCEFA collections and if they are selling and signed playbills or window cards? Thank you :)

Phantom Closing?
 Mar 14 2023, 11:00:35 PM

Hello does anyone know if Phantom is participating in the BCEFA collections and if they are selling and signed playbills or window cards? Thank you :)

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl - CLOSING DATE ANNOUNCED
 Mar 14 2023, 03:56:47 PM

Great choices! I saw this as a sign to see Hadestown again even though it was sold out on SeatGeek the box office had a few options. Missed Eva and Reeve the last two times I saw Hadestown and I hope they are in tonight. 🤞🏽🙏🏽

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl - CLOSING DATE ANNOUNCED
 Mar 14 2023, 03:40:36 PM

I’m in the same situation. I had an amazing seat  I paid $140 for in the front row. Now the same seat for any Lea performance is $445.00 I hope they honor an even exchange. Have you got this far and know if they charging escalated prices for even same seat exchanges?

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Mar 13 2023, 08:26:56 PM

That’s the thing, for those who don’t know they show in act one, frankly we don’t know if he is innocent. Just saying we need to meet Leo. Between him not answering the phone and his wife not wanting to be a part of it it does not look good for him we can’t blindly assume we need more information and that comes in act 2.

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Mar 13 2023, 07:28:11 PM

Yes! The Sunday 3:00 show happened.  

spoiler alert?:

It was incredible buuuuuuuut we are not introduced to Ben’s character at all and his wife is first to want nothing to do with him and he seams to not care either about the situation he’s in and it made it very hard to be on his side early on. We just had one scene and we as just to eccentric. It was hard to have compassion because he did not even show emotion during the trial but act two a

SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
 Feb 21 2023, 01:28:38 PM

Yes! Ticketmaster just released about 12 tickets per show in Rows B and C in right and left Orch for the first two weeks of performances. Waiting paid off, I got Row B on on the aisle :)

Broadway Discounts
 Jun 14 2022, 04:27:38 PM

I initially wanted to see the Bedwetters closing performance 7/3 but settled for Strange Loop that day pre Tony win the because the Strange Loop code was acting odd after July 3 the prime seats in Orch center went from the $119.00 I paid to $180.00 for every performance after 7/3 with the same code even though it says its good til September 2022.

Why Did Spring Awakening Perform at The Tonys?
 Jun 14 2022, 04:22:24 PM

It was magical in every way. It's very interesting how the Deaf West revival of Spring Awakening had to fundraise to preform and said they would not be able to without fans help and this happened out of nowhere but I guess they help promote the Documentary/Anniversary. Brian Charles Johnson's Vocals are truly heaven sent. Lea looked and sounded  incredible and it was so nice to see Krysta and Jennifer. It's funny how Skyler went on crazy riffs during the reunion at The Imperi

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You