pixeltracker

Are people who are trying to exchange their tickets to Funny Girl instead of a refund on performances Lea Michele canceled last minute being uncharged a ridiculous amount for

Are people who are trying to exchange their tickets to Funny Girl instead of a refund on performances Lea Michele canceled last minute being uncharged a ridiculous amount for

Songofpurplesummer2
#1Are people who are trying to exchange their tickets to Funny Girl instead of a refund on performances Lea Michele canceled last minute being uncharged a ridiculous amount for the same exact seats too?
Posted: 4/7/23 at 6:51pm

Hello really disappointed by Jujamcyn and SeatGeek,

I was supposed to attend a Tues March 14th performance after flying out from Los Angeles. I know these things happen etc. 

But I bought my ticket in November and paid $167 in the front row and now the same seat in a Tuesday performance is almost double and seat geek is only offering a refund of the original price in a seat geek voucher and I would have to pay the difference which is insane because I paid by credit card and because the email they sent out offered exchanges and all prices had gone up since November. 

Are other people who are trying to exchange their tickets to Funny Girl on performances Lea Michele canceled last minute being uncharged a ridiculous amount for the same exact seats too if they want an exchange?

Still trying to escalate and resolve this but really disappointing.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#2Are people who are trying to exchange their tickets to Funny Girl instead of a refund on performances Lea Michele canceled last minute being uncharged a ridiculous amount for the same exact seats too?
Posted: 4/7/23 at 6:57pm

I think you mean "upcharged," and, unfortunately, that's how all the ticketing outlets handle exchanges, so it's not exclusive to SeatGeek or Jujamcym. No such thing as an "even exchange" with them.

Updated On: 4/7/23 at 06:57 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#3Are people who are trying to exchange their tickets to Funny Girl instead of a refund on performances Lea Michele canceled last minute being uncharged a ridiculous amount for the same exact seats too?
Posted: 4/7/23 at 7:03pm

It may seem unfair to you but that's fair as they're crediting you what you paid for $167! Find a seat for that amount or o/a and pay the difference. That's life! Tickets have skyrocketed since Lea took over. Btw, just see her and pay what you now can afford to see a Star!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#4Are people who are trying to exchange their tickets to Funny Girl instead of a refund on performances Lea Michele canceled last minute being uncharged a ridiculous amount for the same exact seats too?
Posted: 4/7/23 at 7:21pm

Also, if you're talking about the row A side orchestra partial view seats, those and the other partial views through row F are still regularly priced at $167-$200 through August 9. If you're seeing prices higher than that for those seats before that date, you're looking at resale tickets. The regular price for those seats doesn't go way up until August 11.

BTW, the partial views in the other rows besides A are also great, and definitely worth the cheaper price.

Updated On: 4/7/23 at 07:21 PM

JasonC3
#5Are people who are trying to exchange their tickets to Funny Girl instead of a refund on performances Lea Michele canceled last minute being uncharged a ridiculous amount for the same exact seats too?
Posted: 4/7/23 at 7:23pm

We get a refund of what we paid.  That's all. and it's been this way for every show that I can remember. 

I think once I was put in the same seat at no additional charge, but that was only because the difference was minor and tons of seats were available.

Updated On: 4/8/23 at 07:23 PM

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
Songofpurplesummer2
#8Are people who are trying to exchange their tickets to Funny Girl instead of a refund on performances Lea Michele canceled last minute being uncharged a ridiculous amount for the same exact seats too?
Posted: 4/7/23 at 10:50pm

veronicamae: Yes, but when it's the airlines fault they get you on a different flight at no additional charge. I'm asking for the same seat that is available on the same weekday I had originally purchased the ticket. 

If there was an issue on MY end and the Venue honored an exchange or if I wanted to upgrade my seat of course, I would be grateful and just pay the difference. But after booking a flight, paying for hotel and spending time traveling being uncharged for the same seat does not sit right and is not what I had in mind when they offered "exchanges."

Imagine Lea isn't going to preform tonight, I know you bought your tickets, planed since November and traveled but don't worry, if you want to try see her just fly back out and we will charge you even more then you already paid to see her preform if you want to "exchange" your tickets.

In another circumstance I would expect to pay the difference but not in this one especially not the way they had presented it. But you can always count on people on this forum to take the opposing side.

TaffyDavenport: Thank you :). Unfortunately the weekdays I'm looking in May are about $275.00 for that seat.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#9Are people who are trying to exchange their tickets to Funny Girl instead of a refund on performances Lea Michele canceled last minute being uncharged a ridiculous amount for the same exact seats too?
Posted: 4/7/23 at 11:16pm

If the airlines canceled the flight, they'll seat you in ANY available seat in the next flight.

Also, Lea may not have performed but the actual FUNNY GIRL performance was *not* canceled.

Since Lea was above the title, you were only entitled to a refund of what you paid for.

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#10Are people who are trying to exchange their tickets to Funny Girl instead of a refund on performances Lea Michele canceled last minute being uncharged a ridiculous amount for the same exact seats too?
Posted: 4/8/23 at 1:00am

Such outrage!  Tickets for shows are not like stocks that grow in value and then you cash them in.  Absolutely absurd and entitled hogwash.

JasonC3
#11Are people who are trying to exchange their tickets to Funny Girl instead of a refund on performances Lea Michele canceled last minute being uncharged a ridiculous amount for the same exact seats too?
Posted: 4/8/23 at 1:29am

Songofpurplesummer2 said:

"But you can always count on people on this forum to take the opposing side."

People aren't taking the opposite side of you just to be contrarian.  As others have noted, the show was not canceled so you're not entitled to anything more than what you originally paid.

While the situation is no doubt frustrating (and I've experienced the same), you're asking for exceptional compensation that just isn't the way the system works.

Updated On: 4/8/23 at 01:29 AM

bear88
#12Are people who are trying to exchange their tickets to Funny Girl instead of a refund on performances Lea Michele canceled last minute being uncharged a ridiculous amount for the same exact seats too?
Posted: 4/8/23 at 2:07am

I was going to see Funny Girl on the same night you did after flying across the country. My guess is that your effort won’t work. You were offered a refund, just as we were. We took the refund and saw another show.

Someone else would know this better than me. But I have been glancing at future dates, because we may be going back to New York City in August on an unexpected trip. I have noticed that good seats (not as good as yours) pop up a few days before. 

Personally, I would take the refund and keep an eye on the date when you’re returning. You might get a good price, better than you would get in an exchange, but may have to have ice in your veins and have a backup plan. It’s not what you want but it may be your best option. 

If my advice is wrongheaded, I am sure someone will set me straight. 

Dolly80
dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#14Are people who are trying to exchange their tickets to Funny Girl instead of a refund on performances Lea Michele canceled last minute being uncharged a ridiculous amount for the same exact seats too?
Posted: 4/8/23 at 7:29am

1. I understand your point, and yes, that sucks. 

2. YOU chose not to see the show, so thats the crap that happens.

You are entitled to a refund for the value of what you paid....but the value has gone up. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

fbueller