News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mamaleh2

Member Name: mamaleh2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
 Apr 13 2024, 06:00:23 PM

Regarding in-person rush for OH, MARY, does anyone know whether you can purchase up to two rush seats? Or are you limited to one?  Assuming availability, of course. Really need to know.  Thanks! 

SUFFS Previews
 Mar 30 2024, 11:20:17 AM

I don’t know whether this has been asked before, but if you have bought the inexpensive tickets offered to the first 19 people on line at the box office each day, approximately when should one arrive to be successful? Thanks!

Musical or Play for Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman
 Feb 13 2024, 12:38:51 AM

I love the idea of Jackman and Reynolds costarring  in a new theatre project designed to play to their  strengths and great chemistry together, although I do wonder whether Reynolds has the necessary stage chops. Has he ever stepped onto the legitimate stage? But with his good friend Jackman—a stage animal from way back—as mentor, the odds of success might be pretty good.  

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Sep 25 2023, 11:44:58 AM

I know “I Can Get It for You Wholesale” is Off Broadway, but does anyone know of any discounts/codes for that show?  Thanks.

PICTURES FROM HOME - P/reviews & News Thread
 Jan 30 2023, 01:38:51 AM

Does anyone know if the theater is selling in-person rush seats? (Aside from Today Tix lottery)

New Bio of Meredith Willson
 Sep 30 2022, 08:53:02 PM

The scholarly author of a new biography of Meredith Willson calls the current revival of THE MUSIC MAN “flawless” and “pure joy,” in line with what seems to be the prevailing opinion of audiences at the Winter Garden.
https://www.talkinbroadway.com/page/rialto/past/2022/musicman.html

Rush Tickets
 Sep 10 2022, 09:42:40 PM

Now that Lea Michele has assumed the title role, are rush tickets still available at the box office for every performance?

Music Man Cast Recording
 Jul 28 2022, 12:57:45 AM

Exactly.  I really hope they can fit in all that wonderful dance music. It was such a big part of the show and what set it apart from other productions.

Which Digital Lotteries Have You Won Since Broadway Has Been Back ?
 Jul 17 2022, 04:56:25 PM

No, MUSIC MAN does not have a lottery.  The show offers Rush and Standing Room. 

Lotteries I’ve won: THE BEDWETTER, MR. SATURDAY NIGHT and FUNNY GIRL. 

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Jul 11 2022, 09:12:55 AM

Michael Riedel, here’s your next book. 

Music Man Cast Recording
 Jun 10 2022, 02:03:33 AM

On a Facebook post, Peter Filichia wrote that the MUSIC MAN cast is heading to the studio on June 19 to record the cast album.  I hope it includes all that wonderful dance music. 

Pronuncation of Chip Zien's Surname
 Apr 9 2022, 05:15:08 PM

Thank you, everyone.  I watch the Tonys every year so I don’t know how I missed taking note of that pronunciation, but your info is much appreciated.

MR. SATURDAY NIGHT Previews
 Apr 7 2022, 10:11:45 PM

mamaleh said: "I saw the show March 31. I think I was informed shortly after the lottery closed for that date. The tickets appeared on my phone at approximately 6:10 p.m. for the 7 p.m. curtain. Location was Center Orchestra 111 and 112. Perfect!"

Whoops, just realized I forgot to indicate the row. My lottery seats were center Orchestra Row H, seats 111 and 112.

THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
 Feb 11 2022, 06:02:50 PM

I agree with Rosanna Scotto—

https://www.fox5ny.com/video/1033858
-

and The Guardian, The Wrap, Associated Press and especially Marilyn Stasio’s Variety review. THOSE were spot-on, not what reads like the result of an undigested sourball. 

https://variety.com/2022/legit/reviews/music-man-review-hugh-jackman-broadway-1235177555/amp/

THE MUSIC MAN Previews
 Feb 10 2022, 01:03:00 PM

Those who criticize Hugh and Sutton for supposedly “breaking” a la GOLDEN RAINBOW during the delightful “Marian the Librarian” number  have it dead wrong. Marian has reached her breaking point of iexasperation with Hill’s shenanigans, so she forcefully shoves his hat onto him in a “get out now” gesture. Jackman’s facial expression at that moment registers surprise and a bit of delight at how much spunk this librarian has. This piece of busi

Music Man Rush Line.
 Feb 8 2022, 01:30:05 PM

I’ve inquired at the box office from time to time, and the answer is always “no” to standing room. 

The Ushers’ March
 Jan 20 2022, 03:23:51 PM

One unexpected “performance” that ran through much of yesterday’s COMPANY matinee was what I would call “the ushers’ march.” Every several minutes during the show, ushers would walk down the aisles  of the orchestra, proceed to the front, and then walk back up again to the rear of the orchestra, all the while peering around at the audience. From my aisle seat, I found it annoying and disruptive. I assume they were looking for people using their phones

Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
 Jan 15 2022, 03:39:24 PM

Thanks, all. 

Time You Hit the Sidewalk Following Evening Performance
 Jan 10 2022, 05:17:25 PM

My bus departs promptly at 10 pm, with the next and last one for the night at midnight. So it appears that attending a 7 pm show would be problematic. Better to go to an 8 pm show and wait one hour than miss the bus by a couple of minutes and wait two hours. 

Thanks, all.

Doubtfire Digital Rush
 Jan 5 2022, 10:41:29 PM

I thought hubby and I might as well try to catch the show before its hiatus, so I did the digital rush today. To my surprise I received center orchestra row H 115 and 116. Plus I was even able to use the $22-off code. 

The Sondheim was maybe half filled. No wonder we received such a good location.

Too bad the show itself was not as good as our seats.  It had a few bright spots, but it was mostly meh.  We were disappointed to learn that Rob McClure, whom I wa

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You