Patti/Katrina - Refunds?

PattiBeanieHeatherFan
#1Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 11/11/21 at 12:56pm

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked already, are Katrina and Patti considered over the title? I have a Broadway trip coming up in the spring and it's on my list along with Funny Girl, Into the Woods and Music Man, but the only slot I have available for Company is a Wednesday matinee (May 11). If Patti or Katrina are out, would I be able to get a refund ?

TIA

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#2Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 11/11/21 at 1:00pm

Yes, both over the title and you can get a refund. The show is worth it regardless, IMHO.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#3Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 11/11/21 at 1:00pm

Yes.

JaredBway
#4Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 11/11/21 at 1:21pm

Unless Patti has a concert or is dead she should be there.  She very rarely misses.  I think she missed three performances in the run of Gypsy.  One was the day prior to the cast recording and a double Saturday she had an illness. 

I'd personally love to see an understudy on for Katrina.  I'm pretty sure its Nikki Renee Daniels.

Pashacar
#5Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 11/22/21 at 3:21pm

JaredBway said: "I'd personally love to see an understudy on for Katrina. I'm pretty sure its Nikki Renee Daniels."

Agree. I hope they announce it.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#6Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 11/22/21 at 3:33pm

I just can’t imagine the show without Patti. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Alessio2
#7Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 11/22/21 at 5:27pm

I wish I had seen  Katrina's understudy!

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#8Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 11/23/21 at 12:05am

Nikki Renée Daniels and Britney Coleman are the understudies. They did an understudy run thru of the show in the last few days and Coleman ran it as Bobbie. You can catch some pictures of who was playing who in the understudy run on Manu Narayan's IG stories. https://www.instagram.com/themanunarayan/

Updated On: 11/23/21 at 12:05 AM

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#9Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 11/23/21 at 11:08am

Patti doesn't miss shows unless its pre-planned or deathly ill. She is old school. Remember when she was doing Gypsy in her slippers as she had a foot issue and they made an announcement about this. She's a trooper. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

mamaleh
#10Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 1/15/22 at 10:04am

Any word lately as to whether Patti and Katrina have missed Wednesday matinees?  

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#11Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 1/15/22 at 2:10pm

mamaleh said: "Any word lately as to whether Patti and Katrina have missed Wednesday matinees? "

This is what I want to know. I’m taking someone very dear to me to the January 26 Wednesday matinee. It’s a Christmas present, and we would be devastated if Patti were not in.

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#12Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 1/15/22 at 2:27pm

Just asked a pal in the show and he confirmed she does ALL performances and hasn’t missed any since those a few weeks ago. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#13Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 1/15/22 at 2:36pm

Neither of them is "taking matinees off," so there's no reason to worry about that. I don't believe Katrina has missed a performance yet, and Patti's absences were on a Thursday night, a Friday night, a Saturday matinee, and a Saturday night. However, if either of them tests positive for COVID, they'll be out for 10 days, so that's something to keep in mind.

Updated On: 1/15/22 at 02:36 PM

mamaleh2
#14Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 1/15/22 at 3:39pm

Thanks, all. 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#15Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 1/15/22 at 8:57pm

Patti is a very dedicated actress and doesn't miss shows unless she's extremely ill. Plus, this will probably be her last Broadway show and she wants to enjoy every moment of it. You should be fine. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#16Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 1/15/22 at 9:02pm

I was at TKTS today (brrrrrr!) where attendance was being discussed. All performances this weekend are on the board, and as everyone noted, there are no recent star absences. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#17Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 1/16/22 at 12:11am

Thanks everyone. I certainly hope this won’t be LuPone’s last Broadway show, but I wouldn’t blame here if it were. Perhaps her last musical. Perhaps not her last Broadway credit. 

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

LarryD2
#18Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 1/16/22 at 9:10am

Has Katrina missed a performance yet? She was rarely out of THE BAND'S VISIT -- the show was running almost a year before she missed a performance, and that was for a scheduled vacation. But in Covid times, there are going to be instances where even the most dedicated actors will have to miss.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#19Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 1/16/22 at 9:26am

PattiBeanieHeatherFan said: "Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked already, are Katrina and Patti considered over the title? I have a Broadway trip coming up in the spring and it's on my list along with Funny Girl, Into the Woods and Music Man, but the only slot I have available for Company is a Wednesday matinee (May 11). If Patti or Katrina are out, would I be able to get a refund ?

TIA
"

Would you be allowed a refund if you didn't know there were understudies on for Katrina/Patti in advance and stayed for the show? 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#20Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 1/16/22 at 11:05am

Rudy2 said: "Thanks everyone. I certainly hope this won’t be LuPone’s last Broadway show, but I wouldn’t blame here if it were. Perhaps her last musical. Perhaps not her last Broadway credit."

Her in this show is a blessing since she’s said in multiple interviews that, because of her recent physical issues (shoulder and bilateral hip replacement), that WAR PAINT was supposed to be her last musical. However, she was very much drawn in by the chance to work with Marianne Elliot and play this role - though Joanne isn’t the most physically exhaustive role. 

I think she’s going the Nathan Lane route in that, after this, musicals are off the table because of the physical demand and their age, but plays seem to be fair game.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#21Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 1/16/22 at 11:07am

Would you be allowed a refund if you didn't know there were understudies on for Katrina/Patti in advance and stayed for the show?

Nope.  Refund request must be done prior to the start of the performance or shortly after show begins.  You’re not entitled to a refund AFTER the performance. 

adotburr
#22Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 1/16/22 at 11:37am

BrodyFosse123 said: "Would you be allowed a refund if you didn't know there were understudies on for Katrina/Patti in advance and stayed for the show?

Nope. Refund request must be done prior to the start of the performance or shortly after show begins. You’re not entitled to a refund AFTER the performance.
"

I had an issue where I sold something on Stubhub and wrote the wrong seat number (say the seat was 41 and I wrote 14). Long story short, the buyer attended the entire show THEN complained after the matinee ended to stubhub about the seat location asking for a refund. I ended up winning the case because the buyer admitted to stubhub he stayed for the entire matinee. Had he talked to stubhub before 2pm, there would be a different outcome.

However, thinking about it now, the buyer bought the ticket 3 weeks prior to the show so if he would have actually looked at his ticket and matched the listing info, he would have known the listing had the incorrect seat number well before he got to the theatre.

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#23Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 1/16/22 at 12:05pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Would you be allowed a refund if you didn't know there were understudies on for Katrina/Patti in advance and stayed for the show?

Nope. Refund request must be done prior to the start of the performance or shortly after show begins. You’re not entitled to a refund AFTER the performance.
"

Thanks! I wasn't too sure about this. If an understudy is listed on the board, are theatre goers allowed to ask the box office for a refund/exchange before the performance begins?

Also going to try and get Company tickets. Maybe for April/May. 

fosterfan2
#24Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 1/16/22 at 12:07pm

LarryD2 said: "Has Katrina missed a performance yet? She was rarely out of THE BAND'S VISIT -- the show was running almost a year before she missed a performance, and that was for a scheduled vacation. But in Covid times, there are going to be instances where even the most dedicated actors will have to miss."

Katrina has not missed a Company performance yet,matinee or evening. Like Patti,she seems to be a trooper. Neither one is known for "playing hooky",as we used to say when I was in school.

mattyp4
#25Patti/Katrina - Refunds?
Posted: 1/21/22 at 6:03pm

On the subject of cast absences, does Matt Doyle have any scheduled absences coming up? Anyone know? My friend thought he heard of one coming up but couldn't recall any details. I know he's not above the title & therefore his absence wouldn't warrant a refund, but I was just looking forward to catching him in the role. (I have tickets to an upcoming performance but I am allowed to exchange two more times.)