News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SondheimTesori

Member Name: SondheimTesori
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 May 16 2024, 12:23:52 PM

Anybody else think Kelli's gonna win Best Actress? The OCC win bodes well, and I could also see her picking up the Drama League (they've been opting for celebrated Broadway stars recently even-Sutton, Annaleigh, Danny) giving her even more momentum. Know the show is closed but feels like this strange year could work in her favor.  I know Maleah has a great shot too but I wonder if they'll just reward Hell's Kitchen in Featured Actress. 

Julianna Margulies and Peter Gallagher To Star In LEFT ON TENTH
 Mar 22 2024, 08:10:45 PM

Agree with all those critical of Julianna Margulies’ casting. She is a racist, Islamophobic bigot and it goes far beyond her horrible comments on that podcast. The things she was sharing on social media in the fall were so stomach churning - posts demonizing and fear mongering about Brown people that genuinely makes it more dangerous for us here. 

as a previous fan of her and her work- it is beyond disappointing.But I hope she is met with c

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
 Jan 24 2024, 03:45:22 PM

Re: the clip- I adore Sutton but has anyone noticed a gradual decline in her vocal placement? Definitely understandable considering it can happen with age and less vocal use.  Her vibrato has definitely slowed and in general her voice is less "pingy" She still is wonderful but its unfortunate- I feel like she would have sung this exceptionally a decade ago. 

Jonathan Groffs chances at a Tony
 Nov 9 2023, 01:53:29 PM

Does anyone think Radcliffe could win Featured? I am trying to think of who else would be competitive in that category this year. Also I'm assuming Mendez will be in Lead?

Days of Wine and Roses tickets available for a Broadway.com gift card
 Jun 18 2023, 08:01:36 PM

THE THANKSGIVING PLAY Previews
 Mar 31 2023, 02:08:06 AM

Ugh I hate to say that I did not love this. I am a really big admirer of Fasthorse’s general artistic and political mandate, as well as her previous collaborations with other Indigenous artists & theatermakers. Sadly,  I found both this play and production extremely lacking.

I completely  agree with the sentiment that this is a one-joke play. I think there is real satirical possibility in exploring the myopia and self-righteousness of white liberals (especially

Missing Broadway.com’s Long-form Media Coverage
 Mar 29 2023, 04:22:47 PM

I’ve recently been ruminating about how much I miss some of the longer interviews, backstage videos, and conversations from Broadway.com. It feels like with the creation of the Broadway Show and the organizational changes,  they’ve started  creating much shorter bite-sized content generally.  Now I know people have complex feelings about their coverage in general, but Broadway.com’s interviews is a huge part of what made me fall in love with the theater and le

Is this Carolee Carmello's Year at the Tonys?
 Mar 19 2023, 09:58:25 PM

I've been so moved by all the posts and articles highlighting Carolee's banner year being in two shows (her 15th and 16th broadways shows)!

While both productions seem to have mixed reviews at best (we'll see how critics are with BC), I was wondering if anyone thought she could potentially finally get her Tony for Bad Cinderella? I know this might seem a bleak way to reward a veteran given the buzz around the show, but she seems to be getting show-stopping buzz th

SUNSET BOULEVARD at the Kennedy Center
 Feb 5 2023, 04:46:43 PM

I have so much love and admiration for SJB as a performer but she’s fascinating to examine as a musical theater performer. She has this stunning, rich musical theater voice reminiscent of the greats and such warmth and vitality in interviews. But her interpretive skills have always been hit and miss for me.  I think she sometimes gets lost in this very broad, generic over-emoting thing, especially when doing dramatic work. It’s as if she feels she has to drain her natural vib

Amanda Seyfried musical project?
 Jan 11 2023, 01:38:06 AM

Daisy in the new  Great Gatsby musical (written by Majok and Florence Welch) ? 

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway
 Sep 25 2022, 12:12:08 PM

Any recent rumblings about casting (specifically Arthur and Guenevere)? Feel like we always go through this anticipation with Sher revivals. So excited to see who finally does this.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You