News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RubyLee

Member Name: RubyLee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 18 2024, 07:50:44 AM

I'll second Leap of Faith. Although I have yet to see Gatsby.

ILLINOISE Reviews
 Apr 28 2024, 09:22:25 AM

Piping in here to say I sat in the mezzanine, slightly house right, and the only person I couldn't see was the conductor. Great seats. Beautiful show. I loved it, but definitely was more invested once the story about Henry began. The singers' voices were enchanting and the orchestra sounded amazing. The sound engineer is getting an incredible mix in the house. I would aim for Mezz seats if you can. 

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 22 2024, 02:59:00 PM

I'm pretty sure they recorded it April 7, but maybe they are doing edits today.

Lempicka's Fashion @Opening Night
 Apr 17 2024, 08:29:54 AM

Well, since no one has really commented on the SUBJECT of this thread, I will! The fashion worn by the audience for Opening Night was lit. Best part of being there. The Longacre was the place to be for people-watching and gathering fun ideas about what to wear to future openings. It was fun to be in a theater with so many creative people dressing to the Nines. A proper-dressed Opening Night crowd! 

THE WIZ Previews
 Mar 30 2024, 07:16:15 AM

Is there a Toto?

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews
 Mar 30 2024, 07:13:09 AM

Wow, I was actually curious about this show but after watching that New Money clip, no thanks. I was under the impression it would be more Art Deco or 1920's or something. I thought this was a commercial until I realized, no, the Ads are done....this is a number from the show. Please bring back theater choreography instead of whatever this is.

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd'
 Mar 9 2024, 08:03:49 AM

I'm thinking since no one from the orchestra seating has piped in, that you really only hear the lighting guy whispering/talking throughout the show from the first few rows of the Mezz. Hope this helps with seat selection! And I really don't get why this doesn't get addressed from within production. He/She must have serious seniority or something. 

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd'
 Feb 27 2024, 07:52:10 AM

Yes, I too sat 2nd row Mezz when I saw the show many months ago and heard the whispering. I believe it comes from whomever is sitting above doing lights in the catwalk. Was super annoying and frustrating. 

PRIMA FACIE Previews
 Apr 12 2023, 08:39:24 AM

I agree with henrike. Very solid and impressive performance by Comer (whom I loved in both Dr. Foster and Killing Eve), but I did feel like it was fast and phrenetic for the whole 2 hours. There are a few moments where she leaves the stage and those were much needed restful moments for the audience, It is an enormous feat of stamina what she goes through on that stage...I can't imagine how she comes down from a night like this. There is an understudy listed and I hope she's paid a hug

PRIMA FACIE Previews
 Apr 10 2023, 08:59:29 AM

I'm going to the first Preview Tuesday. Cannot wait! Will report back.

MJ Preview
 Jan 12 2022, 08:01:07 AM

I have to agree re: the lazy story. The Michaels and the band were incredible. My favorite moments were when they were dancing the original choreography. The audience was the strangest audience I've been surrounded by. I swear, it seemed like the teenagers near me thought they were actually seeing Michael Jackson. It was odd to say the least. 

Bring earplugs. 

Will the London Revival of Cabaret transfer to Broadway?
 Jan 6 2022, 12:18:58 AM

Newbie posting here. I do think there could be a way this could happen here. I agree that with the transformation of The Imperial for the Comet, anything is possible. Any theater can transform to make this happen and it would be a much welcomed addition to the NYC theater experience. We don't have enough interactive theater right now. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You