News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TTL

TTL Profile Photo
Member Name: TTL
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: BROADWAY SHOWS I'VE SEEN: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Beauty and the Beast, Grease, Cats, Kiss Me Kate, Fosse, Annie Get Your Gun, Aida, Oklahoma, Contact, Chicago, Les Miserables, Bombay Dreams, The Phantom of the Opera, La Cage Aux Folles, Sweet Charity,Rent,All Shook Up,The Three Penny Opera, A Chorus Line, Mamma Mia!, Passing Strange, The Lion King, West Side Story, A Little Night Music, and Come Fly Away.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Liz Callaway gives Kristin Chenoweth a run for her money
 Aug 13 2010, 03:35:31 AM
I have grown appreciation for the work of Liz Callaway as when I was in grade school, 1998 she performed as Grizabella in CATS. She is featured on one of my cherished albums entitled A STEPHEN SONDHEIM EVENING. I have read people rave about Leigh Ann Larkin's delivery of "The Miller's Son" which I had caught 'A Little Night Music' in April and enjoyed her performance. I also love the recording of the song that you will find Liz singing on this recording... as Leigh Ann has the characterizations
Your first cast recording was...
 Jul 25 2010, 01:30:43 AM
I can't remember my first Broadway cast album... but fondly remember receiving the OBCR of West Side Story for Valentine's day from my parents! (say at age 10/11)
Favortie line from any Broadway Show
 Jul 25 2010, 01:24:48 AM
"I don't say I'm no better than anybody else... but I'll be damned if I ain't jist as good!" ~ Aunt Eller, OKLAHOMA!

The Dialogue between Tony and Maria @ The Gym (basically all the lines from their meeting but these two lines hit me like no other)
Maria: "But of course... they are the same."
Tony: "It's so much to believe..." As delivered well on the Tony Awards Broadcast in 2009.

The Early Days of the BWW Board: Any Info??
 Jul 25 2010, 12:41:21 AM
Ahhh... this prompted me to write a little bit! I joined in August of 2003. Back then was still in H.S. now, a college grad and adjusting to adulthood! Been distant due to not seeing shows as frequently and now they are on my bill, not the parents and such. Anyways thanks to whomever posted this thread. So out of the theater loop I always say... I need to update my profile here too! Haha.
re: First show you saw alone..
 Oct 20 2008, 08:04:32 PM
The first show I saw alone was CONTACT at the Vivian Beaumont... Followed by LES MISERABLES (Original Broadway run), BOMBAY DREAMS, ALL SHOOK UP, A CHORUS LINE (Revival), and PASSING STRANGE.

By the way BW is such a sweet distraction from school work! haha.

re: Most Unexpected Closing Announcement
 Oct 20 2008, 05:26:21 PM
Well... I can't speak personally of a specific show I was aware of but after watching the documentary entitled SHOW BUSINESS - The Road To Broadway, directed by Dori Berinstein... The documentary made the show TABOO 's closing a very big deal.
re: Favorite Broadway Dances (To Perform!)
 Oct 19 2008, 11:47:06 PM
I attend Point Park University as a Dance major and with alumni performing on Broadway and Touring, we are able to have wonderful,fun,and exciting master classes at school. Thus far, in my college career: Mia Price,then of the SPAMALOT tour taught us the ever-classic Bob Fosse's "Hot Honey Rag" which is always exciting to do. Most recently, two members of the National Tour of WICKED stopped by and taught us some choreography from the musical number, "Dancing Through Life". Also, Anthony Rapp and
Broadway Theaters used in films.
 Jun 26 2008, 06:27:12 PM
I was watching one of my favorite films, 'Something's Gotta Give' with D.Keaton and J.Nicholson and was wondering what Broadway Theater was used in the film... also the Majestic was used for 'A Chorus Line' right?
re: Stunt Casting You'd LIKE to See?
 Jun 26 2008, 06:22:49 PM
CHICAGO
Tracee Ellis Ross as Velma Kelly
Tori Spelling as Roxie Hart

A CHORUS LINE (if it weren't closing)
Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth as Sheila

WICKED
Kelly Clarkson as Elphaba

The Official Passing Strange Love Thread!
 Jun 20 2008, 01:23:03 PM
PASSING STRANGE is a show anyone can relate too. I didn't watch the TONYS due to being at a dance concert but if you want to see good footage of it... I feel the medley the cast performed on "The View" is good, and the performance at the OBIE Awards. (Both can be found on Youtube) Out of the 7 TONY Nominations I had hope it'd win BEST Book of A Musical (Which it did!) and Best Musical Score. It was really well written... or else I don't think the people who have seen the show wouldn't be moved s
re: What Musicals are Left to Be Made into Movies?
 Jun 9 2008, 01:47:37 PM
I would LOVE to See 'KISS OF THE SPIDEROWAN' get a)either revived on Broadway or b) turned into a movie.

I can't seem to cast it... but when 'CHICAGO' came out, I felt Catherine Zeta-Jones had the 'spiderwoman' look. Could Vanessa Williams take a shot at performing Aurora/Spiderwoman again?

Sadly I'm not familiar with the show, RAGTIME but I'm kind of shocked that no one has mentioned that one due to people praising it so much.

Show Contenders/Candidates for Best Revival 2008?
 Jun 20 2007, 01:09:38 PM
We all know 'Grease' is back... what other revivals are slated to open this 2007-08 Broadway Season?
re: Lloyd Webber's cat destroys score for Phantom sequel
 Jun 14 2007, 10:54:52 AM
I love ALW but we needed a laugh after 'SPRING AWAKENING' has destroyed Musical Theatre's essence to the core...
re: BLONDE and MUSIK to perform at Tonys?
 May 23 2007, 12:12:51 PM
For Non-Theater fans ... who may have heard the word 'Legally Blonde' is now a musical would spark interest in seeing a free clipping on the TONYS. I can't speak much of LoveMusik for I am unfamiliar with the show at the present moment.
re: What musical should be made into a movie next?
 Jan 19 2007, 04:34:56 PM
Bring back the Age of Aquarius with updated movie of HAIR...
re: New **Official** GREASE Revival Logo
 Jan 15 2007, 01:00:53 PM
I still enjoy the 1994 Revival logo... it just maybe that the logo was the best thing about THAT production!!
re: Grease: thoughts on Equity Actors auditioning for the lead roles!
 Jan 15 2007, 11:50:39 AM
In general let alone Equity or not... some hopefuls out there who wish to perform on Broadway spend thousands of dollars towards a college education majoring in Acting, Musical Theatre, and or Dance. So I feel on a college student's level it's disconcerting about all this when selected people all over the country are in training for a job hopefully on the Broadway Stage. But I just have to keep reminding myself, no.1 the show is Grease... and reality tv shows are apparently in these days. I just
Score Published of ALW's "Song and Dance" ?
 Nov 16 2006, 02:45:34 PM
Hi All... I would post this on the student board but I feel I'll get better responses here. I choreographed a piece for my Dance Composition class to Variations 1-4 by Andrew Lloyd Webber from the Musical, "Song and Dance". My college library has the vocal music... I was wondering if anywhere the score was published and released? I need to document my choreography in writing as well as having my cast of 5 dancers perform it as my final. So it would be neat to see the music in front of me - writt
re: Small Show to Direct
 Nov 13 2006, 12:39:45 AM
Smaller cast than you were thinking - You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown can be done with minimal sets i believe.
re: shows that need revivals
 Nov 11 2006, 09:11:03 PM
- DAMN YANKEES! (updated? Not the Washington Senators, say Boston?)
- LOVE! VALOUR! COMPASSION! (The Play)
- KISS OF THE SPIDERWOMAN
- HAIR
- SOUTH PACIFIC
- THE RED SHOES

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You