News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for themick2

Member Name: themick2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hollywood Stars We Haven’t Seen On Broadway
 Aug 6 2022, 06:39:15 PM

So Robert Downey Jr., Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Olsen, Chris Evans, Michael Douglas, Michelle Pfeiffer, Salma Hayek, Gwyneth Paltrow, Benedict Cumberbatch, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Angela Bassett, Luputa Nyong’o, Jake Gyllenhaal, Angelina Jolie (just to name a few) - have all…sold out?

Oh, sweetheart.  Do you really think they do those movies for the creative stimulus?  And yes, watching them throw away their talents in those focus grou

Hollywood Stars We Haven’t Seen On Broadway
 Aug 6 2022, 04:01:01 PM

I'd like to see some of these actors who have sold out to the MCU meat grinder to regain their chops on stage.  Elizabeth Olsen and Robert Downey Jr for instance.  

Julie Benko as Fanny Brice: A New Chapter Begins
 Aug 4 2022, 05:59:49 PM

Somebody just used "balderdash" without irony?  

Get out your snuff boxes!  The Battle of the Layaway Streisands discourse has reached 18th Century fop levels.

Julie Benko as Fanny Brice: A New Chapter Begins
 Aug 3 2022, 09:07:31 PM

A new chapter?  More like:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbPcEUBcrA0

Cast announced for Netflix movie musical adaptation of 13
 Aug 2 2022, 02:12:21 PM

JRB's songs sound good, but these scenes look like they were directed by AI. 

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Aug 1 2022, 11:32:06 AM

LEA IS WONDERFUL AND EXPERIENCED AND EXCITING AND WILL SHIT RAINBOWS ALL OVER THIS PRODUCTION AND MAKE IT A RECORD-BREAKING SUCCESS BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT SHE DOES!

Viral fan-made BRIDGERTON musical will release concept album
 Jul 29 2022, 10:37:19 PM

Barlow and Bear don't sound like very smart people. 

Netflix sues Barlow & Bear Over “Bridgerton”
 Jul 29 2022, 10:29:48 PM

Oh NO!

What will this mean for the TV-to-stage show pipeline??

RIP Tony/Obie Winner Mary Alice
 Jul 28 2022, 05:53:22 PM

She was 85.

Mary Alice Dead: ‘Fences,’ ‘Sparkle’ and ‘Matrix’ Star Was 85 – The Hollywood Reporter

Julie Benko as Fanny Brice: A Star is Born
 Jul 28 2022, 02:56:42 PM

Six Funny Girl threads (and counting) on the main page alone.

Not since Cats has there been so much made over something so mediocre.

TFNA 2022-2023 Season
 Jul 27 2022, 01:24:12 PM

Some exciting stuff here!  I have been saying for years that the incredibly topical Fuente Ovejuna is screaming for a full NY production.
And it's nice to see someone producing Tennessee Williams off-Broadway, away from the star-chasing, oversized Broadway revivals that inevitably ruin them. 

Denis Johnson, too?  Wow!

https://www.tfana.org/current-season/22-23-season

LaChiusa's LOS OTROS Off-Broadway
 Jul 27 2022, 09:28:06 AM

Looks pretty good.  I'll be curious to hear people's thoughts once it opens.

https://playbill.com/article/luba-mason-caesar-samayoa-to-lead-nyc-premiere-of-michael-john-lachiusas-los-otros

5 MORE Books Every Acting Student Should Read
 Jul 24 2022, 08:50:34 PM

Also, Jenna Fischer appeared in Reasons To Be Happy off-broadway at MCC and, if memory serves, got nice reviews, so...I really don't know what the point of this post is. 

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Jul 24 2022, 07:55:41 PM

I hadn't seen the new posters.  Martika and Jennifer Tilly look amazing!

2022 Kennedy Center Honorees
 Jul 22 2022, 02:44:22 PM

Amy Grant?  Really?

THE KITE RUNNER Reviews
 Jul 22 2022, 11:59:36 AM

Judging from the bad reviews and the lack of interest on this discussion board, methinks this will be closing soon.

Streisand and the FUNNY GIRL Phenomenon
 Jul 22 2022, 11:58:13 AM

STREISAND LEA BEANIE MICHAEL MAYER RAMIN JULIE LEA MICHAEL MAYER BEANIE BEANIE MICHAEL MAYER PRODUCERS STREISAND LEA MICHELLE BEANIE BEANIE MICHAEL MAYER JULIE RAMIN BEANIE RAMIN LEA MICHELE RAMIN MICHAEL MAYER PRODUCERS BEANIE MICHAEL MAYER BEANIE BEANIE JULIE BENKO STREISAND STREISAND LEA BEANIE MICHAEL MAYER JULIE RAMIN LEA MICHELE BEANIE BEANIE PRODUCERS MICHAEL MAYER BEANIE LEA MICHELE RAMIN RAMIN MICHAEL MAYER BEANIE STREISAND LEA MICHELE FANNY BEANIE LEA MICHELE RAMIN PRODUCERS MICHAEL

Sneak Preview of SOME LIKE IT HOT Released Today
 Jul 16 2022, 09:18:10 PM

It's okay.  Basically it's "Jet Set" mildly remixed. 

Jul 14 2022, 01:45:22 PM

Touch grass, as the kids say these days.

Although, lets face it.  Theater people were all the indoor kids in camp.

Jul 12 2022, 03:28:04 PM

It's a joke, precious.

And I saw it when Beanie was on.  It was bad.  And I saw, well, half of the filmed London production with Sheridan whatsername.  That was bad, too.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You