News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hot_brdwy_diva

hot_brdwy_diva Profile Photo
Member Name: hot_brdwy_diva
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.myspace.com/hot_brdwy_diva
Blog Address:
Occupation: Musical Theatre actress - but for right now.... Customer Service Manager :)
Profile: Name: Danielle
Favorite Musical: Wild Party
Favorite Role: Christine in POTO
Voice: High Soprano
Favorite Song: Unusual Way (from Nine)
Influences: Linda Eder, Kristin Chenoweth, Sarah Brightman, Lara Fabian, Jodi Benson

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Broadway Stars whose singing voice or voice was used in a Disney Film
 Apr 4 2006, 11:58:46 PM
Beauty and the Beast: Enchanted christmas

Forte - Tim Curry (the evil organ guy)
Angelique - Bernedette Peters (The diva christmas tree angel)

I don't remember what songs they sing, but it's a really cute movie.

re: Dracula CD release expected on April 18
 Mar 1 2006, 02:43:44 AM
Yay for Wildhorn! I love his music and can't wait to add Dracula to my Wildhorn collection.
re: movies that feature musical numbers
 Feb 20 2006, 10:27:58 PM
Don't Rain on my Parade and Matchmaker Matchmaker are in Mrs. Doubtfire

Sunrise, Sunset is in Disney's Lion King 1/2

re: Bway songs that sound blantantly like other songs!
 Dec 28 2005, 06:58:28 PM
At about 1:40 in Octet from Light in the Piazza it sounds like No Moon No Wind in Titanic. Except the very end of the phrase is a different note.

Also in Stephen Swartz's musical Company you can hear some very similar melodies to Wicked. I forget exactly what song

re: Forbidden Broadway sheet music?
 Dec 27 2005, 01:37:22 AM
Yea... just get the regular song and switch the lyrics. I dunno if thats legal though. You might have to get permission or something.
re: Dracula CD to be released early 2006
 Dec 24 2005, 08:24:35 AM
yay! I was hoping this would happen!
re: Who would you like to sound like?
 Dec 20 2005, 10:36:26 AM
I know this sounds corny and egotistical.... but...

I like my voice and don't want to sound like anyone else. If I did... why would anyone hire me if they could hire that person? Your voice is what makes you stand out.

re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
 Dec 16 2005, 01:03:43 PM
I remember when I was little, going to see a production of the Wizard of Oz. The flying monkeys jumped off the stage and ran around in the audience. Scary stuff.
re: Britney Spears TURNED DOWN 'Sweet Charity'?!?!
 Dec 1 2005, 10:32:10 AM
they probably didn't offer her enough. At least she got a free trip to NYC!
re: Tip for all you singers out there....
 Dec 1 2005, 10:29:07 AM
has anyone tried "entertainer's secret" ? It's some kind of spray. I've seen it around but never tried it.
re: Which Christine would you like to see but never got the chance too?
 Nov 30 2005, 05:21:35 PM
Sarah Brightman
re: Britney on Broadway...
 Nov 19 2005, 12:51:39 AM
Yea, it's not really fair to make judgements so soon. What if it were you? How many cd's, tv shows and video's do YOU have?

I think she can do what she wants... and she is.

Face it, pretty much EVERYONE has heard of Britney Spears. Unless they've lived under a rock for the past 7 years.
I think it will draw alot of people and it was smart on the producers part.

I think behind all the pop stuff she has a good voice. But she has had to record what sells. Give her a c

re: who still jumps when they see a RENT trailer on TV?
 Nov 14 2005, 09:40:34 AM
I get excited and try to grab my bf's attention. He's never seen a musical and doesn't think he'll like them. (he probably won't like rent because of the subject...but oh well)
re: Frank Wildhorn: A Discussion
 Nov 14 2005, 09:37:09 AM
I love Frank Wildhorn musicals. Maybe it's because they are as people have been saying, elementry. KISS. Keep it simple stupid.

I agree that his music is like a romance novel, I always feel guilty that I like his stuff because so many people make him out to be a disaster... but look at the people on this thread that defend him despite the minor flaws... he must be doing something right.

I'm kinda sad that wildhorn and eder split. It seems composers write the best when they have

re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Nov 13 2005, 01:06:15 AM
-I love everything Disney (except the disney brats Duff and Lohan... and the many others.)
-I think disney should make movies like they used to.
-I hate Phil Collin's voice.

-I love Sarah Brightman and her Eden and Harem cds.
-I hated Emmy in the Poto movie. (she is pretty though!)
-Avenue Q was funny the first time. Then it just seemed really corny.
-I loved the fiddler revival - BEFORE Harvey and Rosie.

-I adore most of ALW's stuff, even CATS.
-I love

re: Wicked KARAOKE question
 Nov 12 2005, 12:06:04 AM
I reccommend the Pocket Songs version of Wonderful.
As far as the part with Elphaba- I think you can sing this as a solo and just ignore the Elphaba part and it will come out fine. It's only a small part. And if it bugs you too much then you can be creative and add something that fits in that spot.

re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
 Oct 31 2005, 08:38:00 PM
I think everyone understands the concept of theatre being LIVE. But if you can't experience that then you'd want to experience the next best thing right? RIGHT! That's what makes this such a great idea!

Example: You LOVE flowers, the smell, the colors - everything but you just recently discovered you're allergic! Now you can never enjoy flowers ever again. BUT WAIT! You can buy these wonderfull silk flowers with perfume! but they aren't living, they aren't real! Does that make them less

re: LilElphaba answer me please!!!!!!
 Oct 19 2005, 01:55:47 AM
So your going as elphaba for halloween ... so basically a green witch? That's original.

>>>"Trick or Treat!"
"Oooh what a cute witch costume!"
>>>"I'm not a witch, I'm ELPHABA."
"Umm... right what's an elphaba?"

re: My stupidity really doesn't help my situation...
 Oct 16 2005, 08:37:35 AM
you could buy them from amazon and get like overnight delivery or something... thats probably the fastest way to get them now. Then hey, if you dont find the other copies you can give them those!
re: WICKED?
 Oct 14 2005, 12:32:21 AM
Sassy just chill it down a bit, one post under one topic is ok but to post in both the Bway board and the student board is a little bit of an overkill. People around here are touchy, just be aware of what you do and say. Oh and Welcome to Bway World!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You